+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baseball/Softball Schedules

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Baseball/Softball Schedules

Will the baseball and softball schedules be on the home page along with current standings????

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: Baseball/Softball Schedules

We haven't done it before but I'll at least put the schedules up. Since it isn't automated yet, I will NOT be keeping up the results of the games, but will provide a link to the latechsports.com page for game results. If I do the standings, I'll only be updating it weekly.

Chris

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Oh, come on Chris. You act like you have a real job!

No, Really! You do a great job keeping everything up to date. THANKS!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

It has gotten better in the last year. John (our web host) has really helped out by giving us access to some automated scripts that generate everything live. We tested it out during football season and it worked great. But due to some other commitments, we weren't able to use it for basketball and it won't be available for baseball either.

John has developed a new CMS for the front end that he is going to let us use in the very near future. This CMS will have access to all the schedules, scores, standings, rankings, etc for college and pro sports. It will also help with getting news articles published on the front end as well. I'm really looking forward to it because it will simplify everything involved in keeping the front page up to date. It really is a nightmare to do sometimes. I hope y'all enjoy it as well.

Thanks for the support and accolades. We really do work to keep this site up, running, and moving forward and it is the support and involvement of our members that make it happen. We have grown and will continue to grow. As of right now we account for around 15% of the traffic on John's servers. That is WAY up from what it was when we first hooked on with him!!!

Also, what I am most proud of is what this board does for Louisiana Tech Athletics. I are breaking new ground here and it is being noticed by other folks. I'm not aware of another fan forum that is so active in actually giving back to their athletic programs.

Chris

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Thanks TDF, we appreciate all that ya'll do for the board. Isn't it great seeing TECH ahead in the WAC, even if it was the first weekend. I think we will stay near the top, I hope 1st.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

True, True Chris, I love what you guys do here. Not only do we help out alot with Tech, but also the core of the guys here don't seem to say things on here that they wouldn't say to your face. It's not just a place to vent. It's a place to celebrate, rejoice, scream, and meet new great people.

Ya know... this isn't a jab at the board, but the scheduling of the TECH sports, is just PATHETIC!! Both our softball team AND baseball team doesn't have a single home game this year!! I mean... come ON! Let us see our team.... SOME!

Wait... now that I think about it... it must be an error on this site. NONE of the opposing teams are highlighted, so I assumed that we were just playing all away games.

Aw HELL! I had it all right, with the bold and EVERYTHING! Don't know what happened. Will have to work on it tomorrow.

Chris

Weirdest thing. I can see the bold fine from the office but not from home. I've added blue to the home games. Can you see that now?

Chris

Chris,
    I can see the blue but no bold. At least you can tell a difference now.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Chris,
    I can see the blue but no bold. At least you can tell a difference now.
    thanks
    In your honest opinion, and I'm looking for suggestions here, is there something I could do to make them stand out some more?

Italics? Highlight the whole thing differently? Anything else come to mind?

Chris

Italics, change font color to something more bold (red), make the font size for home games larger than the aways or all caps. Highlight the home games. Are you doing this with a program or are you typing the code?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Aw HELL! I had it all right, with the bold and EVERYTHING! Don't know what happened. Will have to work on it tomorrow.

Chris
    Don't beat yourself up Chris... that's what we're for! :icon_wink :cŪ

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Italics, change font color to something more bold (red), make the font size for home games larger than the aways or all caps. Highlight the home games. Are you doing this with a program or are you typing the code?
    For all the "blocks" on the front end, I design it in Frontpage and then copy the html into the code block. It's pretty easy. A lot like using Word.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    For all the "blocks" on the front end, I design it in Frontpage and then copy the html into the code block. It's pretty easy. A lot like using Word.

Chris
    I have run into the problem before, kind of like you have by using a program instead of writing the code. It worked fine on my computer but no one elses. The way I solved the problem was just to redo the page in the program. No cut and paste. There has to be some character or something missing that isn't bolding what you want bolded, but it would take a while to go through the code to find it. I wouldn't worry about it, everyone can see the blue font. We appreciate all the hard work ya'll do to keep this site going. I have obviously gotten more interested in it.

+ Reply to Thread