+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Applebee's/Starbucks

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Applebee's/Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    construction is soon to begin on both an Applebee's
    This will make Ho-Do very happy

I love my Applebee's mystery meat rib tips -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Some of the land owners have been contacted.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

City.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Ruston would concentrate on local businesses more than chains, but I knew that this was bound to happen. It is a good thing for the area that these places are coming in, but I will ALWAYS hit the "one of a kind" places, before going to the chains. I can go to Applebees, Starbucks, Chili's, etc. in every city in the country.

Concentrating on the unique is what draws visitors in. I can't talk too much, though, Tyler is one big chain strip center now. If you are on South Broadway, you could be anywhere USA and not know the difference.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I wish Ruston would concentrate on local businesses more than chains, but I knew that this was bound to happen. It is a good thing for the area that these places are coming in, but I will ALWAYS hit the "one of a kind" places, before going to the chains. I can go to Applebees, Starbucks, Chili's, etc. in every city in the country.

Concentrating on the unique is what draws visitors in. I can't talk too much, though, Tyler is one big chain strip center now. If you are on South Broadway, you could be anywhere USA and not know the difference.
    I feel the same way......I eat Chili's about once a month. I wold much rather eat a Sundown burger, Dowling's Smokehouse, or something from the Dawghouse, than going to Applebee's, chili's and all.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Just so the rumors are complete, there are also negotiations for an Arby's in Ruston. We had one on California at one time, but it didn't make it. This one will be off the interstate, but I'm not real sure where.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Just so the rumors are complete, there are also negotiations for an Arby's in Ruston. We had one on California at one time, but it didn't make it. This one will be off the interstate, but I'm not real sure where.
    Now we are talking -

5 roast beefs for $5.95 -

:icon_wink

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Arby's would be ok, I'd still get my sandwiches from Dowling's though....the one we had just got run down, kinda like the Dairy Queen.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

Mmmmmm... Love me some Applebees and Arbys... But the best thing is Starbucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Arby's would be ok, I'd still get my sandwiches from Dowling's though....the one we had just got run down, kinda like the Dairy Queen.
    I like Dowlings - but support it more because he supports TECH -

There is just something about an Arby's regular roastbeef with horsey sauce and curly fires -

There I times that I drive all the way to the Haughton exit - just to get my fix -

And its at the perfect place to hit after a trip to Olde Oakes -

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

applebees will be in the same shopping center that i am in. can anyone say takout?

yes home building is still going strong in ruston. i keep trying to convince these rental home builders to do all brick, but most of them are just brick front. there is still some good large homes being built in the ruston area.

i heard ihop might be going in near dowlings. sleep inn across 167 from the bp on the SE corner of the 167 exit. applebees and starbucks aare where they were mentioned.

i have been hearing for over a year that outback or ruby tuesdays or tgi fridays might be coming in the new development area.

im happy about the new restaurants and im really excited about the 2 new hotels. that should help a lot with our attendence.

i hadnt heard about arbys. i did hear that taco bell on california is moving next door where burger king used to be and then kfc will build on taco bells old lot.

i wonder if someone is going to use the old shoneys building?

KFC and Taco Bell had talked about splitting the Shoney's building at one time and having a joint restaurant. They both wanted some business from north Ruston. I guess that fell through, since they are rebuilding in the same spots.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

maybe ruston should go old school,

get bonanza or western sizzlin to take the old shoneys building.

for all i know, one of them might have been in that building before i got to ruston in 1996.

back in the day, those were the only two places to eat in eldorado.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    I feel the same way......I eat Chili's about once a month. I wold much rather eat a Sundown burger, Dowling's Smokehouse, or something from the Dawghouse, than going to Applebee's, chili's and all.
    I have found a few local places here in Tyler and I always prefer that. I do eat at the chains from time to time, but NEVER when I am out of town. Most of these towns do not realize that chain places do not draw people to your town. If you can get it at home, why go have the same thing in Ruston. Of course, Ruston is surrounded by small communities that don't have these places, so that will draw people in, not to mention students.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    maybe ruston should go old school,

get bonanza or western sizzlin to take the old shoneys building.

for all i know, one of them might have been in that building before i got to ruston in 1996.

back in the day, those were the only two places to eat in eldorado.
    back in the day, bonanza for sure and maybe sizzlin were on the lot where shoe dept. is right now. would definitely like to see a sizzlin in the shoney's building. always like sizzler better than ryan's for my buffet.

theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread