+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #1 Seed goes down

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

#1 Seed goes down

#1 seed, Ohio State, went down to Boston College last night for one of the biggest upsets so far in the tournament. There were some close games last night all the way around, but this was the only big upset.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: #1 Seed goes down

I'm sure you noticed that FSU was handled after defeating us. I think we could have beaten them if we hadn't let them score eight points off of offensive rebounds they got after missing the free throw.
    ________
    Creampie movies
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LT
    I'm sure you noticed that FSU was handled after defeating us. I think we could have beaten them if we hadn't let them score eight points off of offensive rebounds they got after missing the free throw.
    Yes, we should have beat them. With Tasha, we would have. Tasha not being there created more than just the void of her position, it created a leadership void. The whole team responds to her play. Tamika stepped up and became a leader in the last few minutes of that game. The team responded to that - cutting a once 18 point lead down to 8. It was just a little too late. It looked like Tamika had the beginnings of being a leader for next year on the court. She just has to make sure that she doesn't get into a fist fight doing it.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Just shows that Ohio State didn't deserve to be a # 1 seed, imo. BC did play well. Had a friend that lives close to Purdue's campus, and went to the games, and said that BCjust flat out played great. Also, Kara Lawson had a good point last night, too when she said that when you are given a # 1 ranking, you should come to the games with that "swagger", and she didn't see that in Ohio State. They were the only # 1 team that I thought may not make it to the sweet 16 or further.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I have been somewhat disappointed in the women's tournament because there have been so few real upsets. It all seems so predictable. This is not unusual, but I look forward to increased parity so there can be more excitement like we are having in the men's tournament this year. Go Shockers!!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG
    I have been somewhat disappointed in the women's tournament because there have been so few real upsets. It all seems so predictable. This is not unusual, but I look forward to increased parity so there can be more excitement like we are having in the men's tournament this year. Go Shockers!!
    Somewhat disappointed doesn't describe how I feel about this year's women's tournament. Seeding wasn't done correctly, so you have almost no close games and a high number of relative blowouts.

In 48 games 36 have had margins of 10 points or more, 4 have had 6-9 point margins, and just 8 games have been decided by 5 points or less. The unpredictability was seeded out of this tournament before it ever began...only 7 of the 48 games have been won by the lower seed. 9 lower men's seeds won in just the first round.

Well, I think that there is more parity in wbb these days, but it is all in the top 10. The close games will be found in the elite eight this year. I can remember most years that only the final four had close games. It is definitely changing, but at a slow pace.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG
    Well, I don't think Wichita State's "run" is a surprise at all. They were simply better than the two teams they beat. Period.

The 3rd place and lower teams in all the major conferences are so-so. The better "mid-majors" are just better than those teams. Or, just as good. So, it depends on who has the better day most of the time. But, it's no big surprise. My gosh! How many MORE Cinderellas will advance to the Sweet 16 and the Elite 8 before fans stop saying they are surprised by it? Heck, even Marquette was in the Final Four recently, and did that out of CUSA.

+ Reply to Thread