+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TechTalk BB&B mention

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

TechTalk BB&B mention

Hey guys, I know it isn't much, but BB&B got mentioned in the March 23, 2006 TechTalk article. I wonder if that'll help increase the member base.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Re: TechTalk BB&B mention

It sure was a nice little plug for bbb!

"T"

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Was it a good mention?

I remember back in the Delphi days where there was a scathing article about BB&B during one of the rounds of Ruston versus Shreveport home games debate.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Would someone mind typing it out here or give a link? I'd like to see what was said.

Chris

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

It was an interview of AG and T, about their trip to Reno. At the end it says "To find out more about what "T" and the Abominable Gorilla are up to, check postings at www.latechbbb.com Message Board."

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Ummm... didn't something get mentioned in those threads that prolly shouldn't be public knowledge, CHEERLEADERS???

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't get it.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

JJ Marshall had an editorial in this week's TT, in which he offered a player's perspective.

To sum it up, he said several guys felt it was the best year of their life, the most fun they've ever had on a team, and he can't understand why more people don't come to the games.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Heard the add on Fox and Co. this afternoon driving arround. It sounded pretty in my ears. Something along the lines of where Tech fans stay in the loop. I was excited to hear it... I think this is the first that I've heard it.

"T"

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I was at David Wade CC today and on my way home, i got to listen to Fox and Co for the first time. Go figure, I had to hear 45 minutes (got in the car at 5:10, lost signal at 5:55) of LSpoo talk. It's understandable though. I also heard the ad and chills were going through my body, and it stopped when I heard the "la" TECH bbb. It's going to take some time. I was told 100 times the first week of school that we don't say that. I guess times have changed. :c(

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    I was at David Wade CC today and on my way home, i got to listen to Fox and Co for the first time. Go figure, I had to hear 45 minutes (got in the car at 5:10, lost signal at 5:55) of LSpoo talk. It's understandable though. I also heard the ad and chills were going through my body, and it stopped when I heard the "la" TECH bbb. It's going to take some time. I was told 100 times the first week of school that we don't say that. I guess times have changed. :c(
    Who was telling you 100 times not to say latech? Just wondering. I don't remember that from my orientation.

I still say it's better than LTU.

Can't remember the last name, but most of it came from my Orientation leader Michelle... leader of Michelle's MAD DAWGS! (She actually got me and 3 other guys to paint up back then :icon_wink)(amazing what you can do when your 180 lbs ), Jan Singletary (LOVELY lady), and about 50 other members of the Band of PRIDE

Can't remember the last name, but most of it came from my Orientation leader Michelle... leader of Michelle's MAD DAWGS! (She actually got me and 3 other guys to paint up back then :icon_wink)(amazing what you can do when your 180 lbs ), Jan Singletary (LOVELY lady), and about 50 other members of the Band of PRIDE
    Interesting. It used to really bother me, too. Here's how I've come to terms with it:

1. People are not gonna say "Louisiana Tech." Besides, we wouldn't want them to, because that would mean they were still trying to explain who we are, as though we were nobody.
    2. Outside of Louisiana, we've got no reason to expect people to just say "Tech."
    3. That leaves, basically, L-Tech (which sounds like Hell-Tech if you say it), LTU (too much like LSU), LT (too much like a string of famous NFL players), or La Tech (too feminine).
    4. Of these, I think LT and La Tech are the best. Nobody says LT, and we'd have a heck of a time getting them to start.
    5. People already say LaTech, so it is starting to be recognized.

Maybe we should make t-shirts that look like a dictionary entry. "LaTech, French for THE TECH, si vous ples."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    Interesting. It used to really bother me, too. Here's how I've come to terms with it:

1. People are not gonna say "Louisiana Tech." Besides, we wouldn't want them to, because that would mean they were still trying to explain who we are, as though we were nobody.
    2. Outside of Louisiana, we've got no reason to expect people to just say "Tech."
    3. That leaves, basically, L-Tech (which sounds like Hell-Tech if you say it), LTU (too much like LSU), LT (too much like a string of famous NFL players), or La Tech (too feminine).
    4. Of these, I think LT and La Tech are the best. Nobody says LT, and we'd have a heck of a time getting them to start.
    5. People already say LaTech, so it is starting to be recognized.

Maybe we should make t-shirts that look like a dictionary entry. "LaTech, French for THE TECH, si vous ples."
    Don't get me started
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

and it stopped when I heard the "la" TECH bbb. It's going to take some time.

Doc - we are LaTechBBB - actually LaTechBBB, LLC - dba LaTechBBB.com aka Bulldawg, Barks and Bytes -

I was told 100 times the first week of school that we don't say that. I guess times have changed.
    See above -

We are in NO WAY associated with the University - see the disclaimers on the front of this site -

Two SEPERATE entities -

We ARE LATECHBBB aka Bulldawg Barks and Bytes -

Got to get the web address out there so people KNOW how to (literally) get on board -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread