+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stupid LSU fans

Varsity Bulldog DDTigerFan is on the way down DDTigerFan's Avatar

Re: Stupid LSU fans

It all depends on what type of class it is. Most English classes are small but there are some where you meet in a large class twice a week and then with your small group once a week.

Bulldog am4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around here am4titansandlsu's Avatar

Actually, I think LSu is telling the truth about class size. They offer many classes and the average of all the classes they offer is most likely the truth. However for each student all of their classes may be larger than that. For the average student the class size is larger, but for the classes LSU has the average is what they say it is IMO.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by am4titansandlsu
    Actually, I think LSu is telling the truth about class size. They offer many classes and the average of all the classes they offer is most likely the truth. However for each student all of their classes may be larger than that. For the average student the class size is larger, but for the classes LSU has the average is what they say it is IMO.
    So let me get this straight:

The average student has a ratio of students to professor different than the LSU classroom average of students to teachers?

You aren't majoring in a math related field, are you?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

That makes no sense. Please rephrase.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Actually, I think...
    You sure?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bulldog am4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around here am4titansandlsu's Avatar

Ok, so say lsu offers like 300 multiple classes. Some of the classes may have only 12 people sign up for them while other classes may have hundreds sign up. So based on how I choose my schedule, I may have classes that arent as popular and only have 12 people in them or I may have classes with 300 people in them. Me, as a student may have an average of 50 people in each of my classes, but it is based on the schedule I choose. Now, since LSU has many different classes that it offers the average of all the classes it offers may be less than what it is for most students.

Of the 300 classes the average of each class may be 20 students
    but, the average for most students may be higher because they take classes on their schedule that are more popular and have more students in them. The averages can be different.
    Did that help?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ok, so say lsu offers like 300 multiple classes. Some of the classes may have only 12 people sign up for them while other classes may have hundreds sign up. So based on how I choose my schedule, I may have classes that arent as popular and only have 12 people in them or I may have classes with 300 people in them. Me, as a student may have an average of 50 people in each of my classes, but it is based on the schedule I choose. Now, since LSU has many different classes that it offers the average of all the classes it offers may be less than what it is for most students.

but, the average for most students may be higher because they take classes on their schedule that are more popular and have more students in them. The averages can be different.
    Did that help?
    I don't think you understand the concept of the average very well.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Did that help?
    I get what you are saying but that is the DUMBEST argument EVER. I can take a class with 3 people in my entire college career. Does that mean Tech can report we have a student faculty ratio of 3:1?

My bad, I wasnt talking about student to teacher ratios if thats what started all of this. I thought we were talking about average class size. I doubt LSU would lie though about that stat.:icon_wink

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

They lied about playing us again... No?

"T"

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

My bad, I wasnt talking about student to teacher ratios if thats what started all of this. I thought we were talking about average class size. I doubt LSU would lie though about that stat.:icon_wink
    Arent they nearly one in the same, though? You might have had two teachers in one class, but I never did. Therefore, 1 Teacher to 1 Class and 1 Class to X Students. Thus, equaling 1 Teacher to X students. Average class size is the same Teacher to student if you have one teacher per class.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Who was your math prof at tech?

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I don't know, but I wish he would have been mine. Great job explaining! (would you have given much homework?)

"T"

+ Reply to Thread