+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid LSU fans

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Stupid LSU fans

Our powerlifting team is better. Historically, our women's bball team is better. This guy is a typical johnny come lately LSU fan who doesn't remember anything before saban.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is time for lsu to stop running and start regularly playing the only team in Louisiana that could possibly compete with them on a regular basis - TECH.

Yes, we were embarrassed the last time we played. I have never been that upset about a football game - EVER. However, we don't just go away. Did you notice that? That game did NOT shut us up. We are still here and still want to play again. You had a NC football team that year. We had a bad game. We are READY AGAIN!

So, you now answer a question. Why does lsu not schedule us on a regular basis? We are the only team that can give them a little competition most years in the state. You regularly play a gimme game. If you think of us as a "gimme", then why aren't we on the schedule. I bet we would play you cheaper than most of the ooc games you play AND we would put the most fans in the stands. Also, why won't you play us in Shreveport? That seems like a logical thing for lsu to do. It would help increase your fan base in N. Louisiana, right? So, WHY NOT??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDTigerFan
    First off gorilla, we're talking athletics here. We are also talking about Tech gaining on LSU and this is most certainly not the case in women's basketball and while LSU is having their worst season in 20 years in baseball, I believe we are still a better team than Tech. Tennis, golf, softball, swimming and diving, track and field, soccer, men's basketball...LSU is better than Tech in all sports.
    Typical LSU fan. Tell me what is the point of college? I love watching college football as much as the next guy but you go to college to learn. LSU can keep the attitude that education doesn't matter but while they do that they will get passed by Tech (yes this is one area LSU is scared of Tech). Others listed such as WBB. Augusta leaves and there is no more talk going around of LSU wanting to play Tech. Our baseball team could have and yes still can beat you this year. Our football program is getting even better while LSU is starting to fall off since Saban has left.

Varsity Bulldog DDTigerFan is on the way down DDTigerFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Typical LSU fan. Tell me what is the point of college? I love watching college football as much as the next guy but you go to college to learn. LSU can keep the attitude that education doesn't matter but while they do that they will get passed by Tech (yes this is one area LSU is scared of Tech). Others listed such as WBB. Augusta leaves and there is no more talk going around of LSU wanting to play Tech. Our baseball team could have and yes still can beat you this year. Our football program is getting even better while LSU is starting to fall off since Saban has left.
    Hey moron the point of this thread is comparing athletics...open up another about academics and I'll be happy to discuss things there. I was offered a full ride to Tech and chose to pay my way to LSU so I definitely did my research concerning academics regarding the two schools.
    To say the football program is falling off is ridiculous as we finished the season ranked #5 last season. The LSU baseball team owns a better record than Tech and has played a MUCH tougher schedule.
    I would love to play Tech in women's basketball next year. If you don't think we'll be right there with a chance at the national title then you don't know what we return and what kind of players we are bringing in.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I was offered a full ride to Tech and chose to pay my way to LSU so I definitely did my research concerning academics regarding the two schools.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    So, you now answer a question. Why does lsu not schedule us on a regular basis? We are the only team that can give them a little competition most years in the state. You regularly play a gimme game. If you think of us as a "gimme", then why aren't we on the schedule. I bet we would play you cheaper than most of the ooc games you play AND we would put the most fans in the stands. Also, why won't you play us in Shreveport? That seems like a logical thing for lsu to do. It would help increase your fan base in N. Louisiana, right? So, WHY NOT??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
    LSU doesn't schedule Tech on a regular basis because it is not a historic rivalry such as Tulane. To play Tech and Tulane both on a year in and year out basis wouldn't make much sense, not that playing Appalachian State does. As for playing Tech in Shreveport, you should know that big time college athletics is all about money for the athletic departments and LSU knows it can make more money playing Tech at Tiger Stadium with 92,000 than it would at Independence Stadium. If Tech starts to move up in the college football world and becomes a program that is consistantly ranked, then more fans would probably be ok with playing a home and home series with Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Our powerlifting team is better. Historically, our women's bball team is better. This guy is a typical johnny come lately LSU fan who doesn't remember anything before saban.
    Powerliftinf is a club sport and is not a part of the NCAA. Also if you would have read the thread you would know it is about Tech gaining on LSU lately which is why I was mentioning recent success. Historically speaking Tech has a superior Women's basketball program but over the past few years LSU has definitely been the top program in state.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DDTigerFan
    I was offered a full ride to Tech and chose to pay my way to LSU so I definitely did my research concerning academics regarding the two schools.

If you can't get a full ride at LSU, you can't get one at TECH.

Clyde, I have many friends who weren't offered a thing to LSU and chose Tech only because Tech was throwing money at them.
    And you can believe what you want Clyde but I'm telling you what happened with me.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

DDT-
    We don't need to know what happened with you. We've already figured that out.
    You went to LSU, but you still have some type of p-envy. That's why you're participating on a Tech fan board.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Clyde, I have many friends who weren't offered a thing to LSU and chose Tech only because Tech was throwing money at them.
    And you can believe what you want Clyde but I'm telling you what happened with me.
    My experience was the exact opposite.

And I stand by my statement. If you can get a full ride at Louisiana Tech, you can get the same at LSU.

I call BS.

Call BS all you want Clyde. I know what happened, I also know people who are going to Tech for a year like a community college because they couldn't get into LSU as a freshman.

I also know people who are going to Tech for a year like a community college because they couldn't get into LSU as a freshman.
    Not much difference in admission standards, but neither of these students would qualify for full rides at Louisiana Tech:

LSU Admission Standards
    3.0 GPA
    Top 15% of graduating class
    22 ACT
    1030 SAT

Louisiana Tech Admission Standards
    2.5 GPA
    Top 25% of graduating class
    23 ACT
    1060 SAT

If you want to criticize TECH for anything, don't make it academics because you will look like a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Not much difference in admission standards, but neither of these students would qualify for full rides at Louisiana Tech:

LSU Admission Standards
    3.0 GPA
    Top 15% of graduating class
    22 ACT
    1030 SAT

Louisiana Tech Admission Standards
    2.5 GPA
    Top 25% of graduating class
    23 ACT
    1060 SAT

If you want to criticize TECH for anything, don't make it academics because you will look like a moron.
    You've highlighted what you wanted about Tech's standards but left out important information. Students only need to meet one of those standards.

pplicants for freshman admission should meet ONE of the following requirements for admission:
    1. Have an overall 2.50/4.00 grade point average or
    2. Rank in the upper 25% of the graduation class or
    3. Have a 23 composite ACT or 1060 SAT Verbal+Math (V+M)
    All applicants must meet the following:
    1. Have at least a composite ACT score of 15 or a SAT V+M score of 710.
    2. Require no more than one remedial course.
    3. Complete the Board of Regents high school core curriculum (TOPS).
    4. Have at least a 2.00/4.00 grade point average.
    Clyde I did not start out attacking Tech's academics, just defending LSU's.

You've highlighted what you wanted about Tech's standards but left out important information. Students only need to meet one of those standards.
    And the same for LSU.

The kids in the second category you list are only eligible to fill out an application. They aren't accepted.

+ Reply to Thread