+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5K Dawg Track- (A fundraiser for Tech Track + Field)

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 5K Dawg Track- (A fundraiser for Tech Track + Field)

Im gonna try the football parking lot, if I wake up.....

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

BB&B was well represented. Congrats to RXdawg who took home 1st.

They raised a considerable amount of money for T&F. I also have to say I'm extremely impressed by the organization of that race. You guys deserve a lot of credit for that.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Don't sell yourself short Duckbillplaty! You came in 3rd! LaTechbbb swept all categories. Gorilla won the 21 and under, Duckbillplaty won the 22-31 age group, and I somehow won the Old Farts category!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    Don't sell yourself short Duckbillplaty! You came in 3rd! LaTechbbb swept all categories. Gorilla won the 21 and under, Duckbillplaty won the 22-31 age group, and I somehow won the Old Farts category!

Did he run in the Gorilla suit?

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Did he run in the Gorilla suit?
    Nah. He did have a Gorilla shirt on though.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Good job! How many ran the event?

Wow. I have to tell this story... it is absolutely true.

Since I won the age group for this race, one of the awards was a $40 gift certificate to McKinney Honda. (A store I've been to, but definitely wasn't planning on visiting while in Ruston.) I went down there to spend the money and found a nice polo shirt and with the rest decided to try these "shotgun" glasses to replace my battered running shades.

I went on my traditional Monday run today with my new shades to try them out. A seven mile out-and-back to a small town called Clifton and back from my house on the shoulder of a highway. There was some slight construction on one side of the highway's shoulder. A semi passed at one point and sent a golf ball sized piece of asphalt towards my face. It hit the shades right in the center of the right lens.

I think I might have lost an eye even if I had been wearing my old shades. The new lenses didn't even crack. My face is a little bruised on the bridge of my nose and forehead, but I finished the run, so it wasn't that bad.

That's PROOF that God helps those who support Tech athletics!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Good job! How many ran the event?
    I would say 35 or so. I'm horrible at estimating though.

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    Wow. I have to tell this story... it is absolutely true.

Since I won the age group for this race, one of the awards was a $40 gift certificate to McKinney Honda. (A store I've been to, but definitely wasn't planning on visiting while in Ruston.) I went down there to spend the money and found a nice polo shirt and with the rest decided to try these "shotgun" glasses to replace my battered running shades.

I went on my traditional Monday run today with my new shades to try them out. A seven mile out-and-back to a small town called Clifton and back from my house on the shoulder of a highway. There was some slight construction on one side of the highway's shoulder. A semi passed at one point and sent a golf ball sized piece of asphalt towards my face. It hit the shades right in the center of the right lens.

I think I might have lost an eye even if I had been wearing my old shades. The new lenses didn't even crack. My face is a little bruised on the bridge of my nose and forehead, but I finished the run, so it wasn't that bad.

That's PROOF that God helps those who support Tech athletics!
    Wow, that's incredible!!

I'm glad everything turned out ok

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

I just wanted to publicly say thanks to everyone who came to run or helped out with the event in any way. This whole process has been a learning experience for me and my class group appreciates all the support.

With sponsorships and runner entry fees, we were able to raise about $700 for the Track and Field Teams!!

Thanks again

Wesley

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

Wesley,
    Just wanted to say thank you for the opportunity and for doing something for TECH athletics. I sure did not set the streets of Ruston on fire, but managed to make it. 31+ minutes ain't too bad for an old dog with a rebuilt knee. I realize that this was a graduate project, but was wondering if it could become an annual event. I think that the event would grow especially if it were centered around something like Homecoming or some other TECH event. Please do not take my suggestion as criticism. Rather, I enjoyed the event so much that I wish to see it continue. You all did a great job and I was very proud to be one of the original participants. Hope you all make an A!

Just thinking - maybe BB&B could sponsor the event for Track and Field every year. What do you think DfM? That is, if Wesley and his crew would not object.

Dang. I wish I would have introduced myself olddog. Next race...

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

DBP,
    That would have been nice. I asked Wesley about the picture that someone had suggested be put on the board of BB&Bers that ran, but he did not know anything about it. If and when we do this again, we will have to do that.

Puppy IronDawg is an unknown

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that participated in the 5K or helped to organize it. I also helped to put it on and was astonished by the feedback we were getting from this board. Thanks so much for your support...and I am also hoping this will become an annual event.

Oh I am also trying to get the pictures that were taken at the event...as soon as I do I will try to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog29
    .....was wondering if it could become an annual event. I think that the event would grow especially if it were centered around something like Homecoming or some other TECH event............That is, if Wesley and his crew would not object.
    No objection here whatsoever. I actually think that's a great idea and I agree that it could grow to something really great if was run annually.

+ Reply to Thread