+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1624 in attendance

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1624 in attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Too bad we didn't try to win that ballgame!
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I have mixed emotions not trying for the win tonight, not pitching the better arms, with this size of crowd and a nationally ranked team at the Love Shack. Oh well. Miss St 11-4 in the 8th. Let's at least go full bore against USL tomorrow. GO DAWGS GO!

WOW!!! Do I look stupid, as usual, or what!

Way to go Diamond DAWGS!!!!!!!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I took my kid to see Sesame Street Live in Bossier tonight, and driving back I had the radio on 99.3 with nothing but static. The station finally came in with the bases loaded and the Dogs at 12-9. So I got to hear the conclusion. And I laid on the horn a 9:45 when I drove by the Love on my way home. Totally awesome! I'm glad I got to make my kid's day by taking him to see Elmo, but MAN I wish I had been at that game, too!

Well, if confidence and momentum are as important in baseball as I have heard, then we ought to be GOLDEN for the next few weeks!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Wish I could have at least heard the ninth!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: 1624 in attendance

At the risk of sounding overly presumptive, I can not wait to see the crowd pics for this game with 1,624 fans!

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Last time I'll leave a game with the Dawgs behind by 'only' seven runs!

Tech used seven pitchers. The crowd did look great. Biggest one I've ever seen at a Tech game.

For those were weren't there or came late, the first pitch was thrown out by former Tech great George Stone who later pitched for the Braves and the Mets including a couple of World Series games. It kind of died short of the plate but it's the thought that counts. Stone, Wayne Causey and Ralph Garr--all from Ruston--were the ONLY ballplayers I kept up with as a kid. We need to do more of that kind of thing to honor our heroes and show others the long-time tradition of excellence in Tech athletes.

Puppy cajun flatfoot is an unknown

Way to go Wade. Tech out drew LSU on Tuesday. 724 was the actual attendance at LSU. Keep up the good play!!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bb22
    well the guys that pitched tonight haven't pitched for a long while....Sim was quick to pull them...one question......why would he put pitchers in that haven't pitched in so long? against the #3 team in the nation? Come on.......he must not have wanted to win. And it is not the way to build confidence.....why not put them in last w/e against UAB to build confidence?
    Terrible Post. Not want to win? Go hide somewhere.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cajun flatfoot
    Way to go Wade. Tech out drew LSU on Tuesday. 724 was the actual attendance at LSU. Keep up the good play!!
    Now that's a stat I like to see.

And bb22, if you think wade doesn't want to win, I will venture to guess that you've never met him...once you meet him, you'll understand. You'll also understand why folks around here stuck with him over the past few years when it has been tough. It appears that Wade has the guys buying into what he's been saying all along. It's awesome to see.

Just a reminder to those of you who've forgotten...LSU was a major player in the modern age of college baseball well before they made waves in the modern age of college football. Just a thought...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

To those who wonder why Sim didnt throw his best arms:

It is a mid-week game. You always throw your best arms in the weekend series. It is the middle of the season and these guys are in a rhythm, you dont want to throw a weekend starter during the middle of the week and mess his rotation up. Besides, the weekend games are more important as a whole. Although beating the third-ranked team in the country at any time bodes well for your program. Middle of the week games are an experimental time to see who can get it done on the mound in case they need to pitch in a big game for Tech. Wow, what a great win.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Middle of the week games are an experimental time to see who can get it done on the mound in case they need to pitch in a big game for Tech.
    Did State throw mid-week starters??

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I'm sure they did. We'll more than likely get the, "It was a mid-week game and ya'll probably went all out while they threw their mid-week guys" excuse...well, we threw our mid-week guys too. It was a great win.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yes, the guy who started has two wins on the season, both came in midweek games against us and UAB. The last two guys have done a little relief work during mid-week games. Everything else stays the same, though. Your regular starter at every other position usually start, unless someone needs rest, or you want to try to give some young talent some PT.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I'm sure they did. We'll more than likely get the, "It was a mid-week game and ya'll probably went all out while they threw their mid-week guys" excuse...well, we threw our mid-week guys too. It was a great win.
    Coach Polk has been very professional in his comments. Of course, we didn't throw our aces either.

Coach Polk has been very professional in his comments. Of course, we didn't throw our aces either.
    I wasn't necessarily referring to coach Polk...I was actually thinking about fans/message board trolls and the like.

A mid-week game still counts against the record, and they are very important. They just arent as important as the weekend series. It is a time to throw guys in there that you think can help you down the stretch. Obviously, if you have confidence that these "mid-week" guys can help you down the stretch, it means they are good players. We werent playing the JV, these guys are just an injury away from being thrown into the limelight.

+ Reply to Thread