+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronny Walker Resigns

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Ronny Walker Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    We may have to resort to plan B now that Ronny is gone - he was integral in helping us set up the package -

Hopefully we will know which direction we are headed very soon -
    So, no big announcement before the Spring Game as previously mentioned?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Some could have and chose not to. When you boycott TECH athletics, people like Ronny Walker suffer.
    Ask him who hurt his efforts more, the few boycotters or the athletic director. Get back to us with his answer.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Ask him who hurt his efforts more, the few boycotters or the athletic director. Get back to us with his answer.
    Two wrongs make a right?? And what have the boycotters accomplished??

I know his answer. We discuss it regularly.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    So, no big announcement before the Spring Game as previously mentioned?
    Probably not -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

this is a bad thing for tech athletics...i have a very baised opinion in this thread, but when your hands are tied, things get old real quickly....

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

So, to summarize...

Two hurricanes result in budget cuts across the university, the WAC loses points for its NCAA distributions, and the fundraiser for Tech athletics resigns. Does that about cover it?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Agreed bdub... I think that JFord, David and myself were talking about this last week at the UAB baseball game. It's pissin me off the more that I sit on it... I think that I just jumped off the fence with JO

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Jeez, i knocked that fence down a long long time ago, I do not boycott giving to athletics, but I give to the actual coaches program now and send my money to the coach, and not the athletic department.

JO is the one that should resign. I will give him credit though, he can shedule on hell of a football schedule.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    this is true i was surprised he stuck around with this crap as long as he did!
    ME too. The frustration was clearly evident in the conversations I had with him.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Some could have and chose not to. When you boycott TECH athletics, people like Ronny Walker suffer.
    His quitting has nothing to do with that and he is not suffering. HE is going to work where his boss doesn't tie his hands or stick his head in the sand and his talents can be utilized. I am happy for Ronny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    We may have to resort to plan B now that Ronny is gone - he was integral in helping us set up the package -

Hopefully we will know which direction we are headed very soon -
    1-AA.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

I know this has been discussed before, but why don't all of us that give to Champs give to some BBB fund instead. We elect someone to represent our interests and let that person open dialogue w/ the admin. It would be just like we're some big doner. You have the admin's ear when you have a big ass check in your hand. "Here's our big ass check for Champs (or general athletic fund) and here's our wish list of changes."

We'll win some and we'll lose some. But the more the admin works with us the more likely we are to give. Strength in numbers.

Maybe the admin would start to get it. If they don't, it just turns into a "Fire JO" fund.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Spin in, GLM, spin it.

You either hurt or help. When a man's job is fundraising, it doesn't help when so-called supporters withhold funds.

Ronny did a great job in spite of many obstacles. I'll support the next person in that position as much as I can.

If I have a problem with the way JO is doing business, I address it with him. I don't stop writing checks. To each his own.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

In any case, we have lost a truly talented man in Ronny Walker. I have had the great privilege of knowing him since the day he came to Ruston. My wife worked for him for a number of years at the church. He is as bright & talented a man as I have ever known, brimming over with great ideas & following up those ideas with good, old-fashioned HARD WORK. When he came on board at our university, I really had hopes that the powers would just CUT HIM LOOSE, & let him execute his responsibility, within the realm of supervision, to the best of his ability. Had that actually happened, we would not be in the financial PIT we are in today. ALL OF US who love Tech athletics have suffered a grievous loss today. It just makes me very sad!

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

1-AA is right. When are we going to finally admit it? And also, I hate to say this, Fire Oakes.

+ Reply to Thread