+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad Broderson

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Brad Broderson

Who's Brad Broderson & give us some feedback on his background. Is he a viable alternative at quarterback? How was the quarterback play in general at the Bone Bowl ?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Brad Broderson

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg
    Who's Brad Broderson & give us some feedback on his background. Is he a viable alternative at quarterback? How was the quarterback play in general at the Bone Bowl ?
    I don't know much about Brad. I believe he's a walk-on. He's listed at 6', but if Champion is 6'2", Brad's about 5'10". I thought he had a good game yesterday, but I'm not sure he's got the arm-strength to be a "viable alternative". The top three all appeared to have very strong arms. I'll list my top 3 and give you a little explanation. Read these with this knowledge...I was only able to attend the spring game and these observations come from that scrimmage only.

#1 Michael Mosley
    -By far the most mobile QB, but didn't appear to have "happy feet"
    -Great deep ball
    -Appeared to have the most accurate arm
    -take away the two drops and he was 12-21 for 290 and 3 TD's

#2 Joe Danna
    -Joe looked uncomfortable and confused at first, but settled down as the day went on
    -Appeared to still be learning the system
    -Solid arm strength
    -Big freakin' dude!
    -Showed a good deep ball and seemed to be able to make all the throws

#3 Zac Champion*
    -Zac had a rough day...he was sacked 6 times, so obviously, not all the problems were his
    -Short armed several throws that I saw
    -Appears to be the most "mature" QB (as he should)
    -I think Zac's problems are mainly mental...ala Luke his Junior and Senior seasons
    -Zac has all the skills to lead this team if he can step up and take the lead

* I went into this scrimmage fully expecting to see Zac as the best QB. I wanted him to be the number one guy...he didn't show that he was yesterday. I think this race will only get tighter as the summer program progresses. I saw a lot of good things in our QB's.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg
    Bradford is a nice kid from Redwood H.S. out of Visalia, CA. He attended Cal Poly briefly I think before transferring to Tech. Basically ended up here because he and Quinn Harris are longtime friends and played in high school together. I was surprised to see him play Sat. because they have given him very few reps in the previous scrimmages. I would think at this point he is a long shot simply because he is not getting the reps Champion, Mosely and Danna are getting.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge
    Bradford is a nice kid from Redwood H.S. out of Visalia, CA. He attended Cal Poly briefly I think before transferring to Tech. Basically ended up here because he and Quinn Harris are longtime friends and played in high school together. I was surprised to see him play Sat. because they have given him very few reps in the previous scrimmages. I would think at this point he is a long shot simply because he is not getting the reps Champion, Mosely and Danna are getting.
    I have met his parents the last two years in the alumuni tent. They are great people and very proud of their son. They drive nonstop from California to come to a game. We, as a Tech family, are always better off with folks like that.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I hope the coaches select the best man to start in time for the first game and I hope all the others get to play a lot simply because we always enter the fourth quarter with at least a 30-point lead and no one is injured all season.

And I hope none of the guys has such an ego delicacy that he can't realize that there will be times when the starter must be pulled in order to watch and learn and understand the defense he is facing. And I hope the coaches will no when such times come and put the starter on the bench awhile and make sure he sees what he needs to see while he is out of the game.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I don't know much about Brad. I believe he's a walk-on. He's listed at 6', but if Champion is 6'2", Brad's about 5'10". I thought he had a good game yesterday, but I'm not sure he's got the arm-strength to be a "viable alternative". The top three all appeared to have very strong arms. I'll list my top 3 and give you a little explanation. Read these with this knowledge...I was only able to attend the spring game and these observations come from that scrimmage only.

#1 Michael Mosley
    -By far the most mobile QB, but didn't appear to have "happy feet"
    -Great deep ball
    -Appeared to have the most accurate arm
    -take away the two drops and he was 12-21 for 290 and 3 TD's

#2 Joe Danna
    -Joe looked uncomfortable and confused at first, but settled down as the day went on
    -Appeared to still be learning the system
    -Solid arm strength
    -Big freakin' dude!
    -Showed a good deep ball and seemed to be able to make all the throws

#3 Zac Champion*
    -Zac had a rough day...he was sacked 6 times, so obviously, not all the problems were his
    -Short armed several throws that I saw
    -Appears to be the most "mature" QB (as he should)
    -I think Zac's problems are mainly mental...ala Luke his Junior and Senior seasons

* I went into this scrimmage fully expecting to see Zac as the best QB. I wanted him to be the number one guy...he didn't show that he was yesterday. I think this race will only get tighter as the summer program progresses. I saw a lot of good things in our QB's.
    JL, why is it so hard for you guys to admit that Champion is NOT the one to lead this team? I'm tired of all the excuses for this kid-he's either got it or he doesn't. From what I've seen, it's very clear that Mosley is the one that will give us the best opportunity to move the offense down the field and score some points.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    JL, why is it so hard for you guys to admit that Champion is NOT the one to lead this team? I'm tired of all the excuses for this kid-he's either got it or he doesn't. From what I've seen, it's very clear that Mosley is the one that will give us the best opportunity to move the offense down the field and score some points.
    I just wrote that Mosley was #1 in my opinion and Danna was #2...after those two guys, Champion is the guy. This is the only practice I've been to and those are the rankings I gave. I don't care who it is as long as it's the best guy. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's gonna be Champion regardless...that's just the feeling I get. I'd love to start a Freshman and watch him develop (not get worse like some we've seen). I expected Champion to be the best...I just did. He wasn't on saturday.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I just wrote that Mosley was #1 in my opinion and Danna was #2...after those two guys, Champion is the guy. This is the only practice I've been to and those are the rankings I gave. I don't care who it is as long as it's the best guy. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's gonna be Champion regardless...that's just the feeling I get. I'd love to start a Freshman and watch him develop (not get worse like some we've seen). I expected Champion to be the best...I just did. He wasn't on saturday.
    Yes, but you also posted the following about Champion. BTW, are you sure you didn't get these quotes from JBIII?

Appears to be the most "mature" QB (as he should)

* I went into this scrimmage fully expecting to see Zac as the best QB. I wanted him to be the number one guy...

JL, let me be clear, I'm not jumping down your throat on this. I'm only using your words as an example of what many on here believe. The reason I'm doing this is because I don't understand this love affair with Zac. Is it the "cool" last name that intrigues everyone? Is it the guady 8 man numbers he put up? Or is it because he's been here the longest? I'm confused....I need something a little more concrete to sway my opinion.

It's cool 88...let me answer to my quotes...

The first one...about maturity was because he threw one ball away and didn't seem to force much (at the spring game). He did make some bad throws and was sacked often (I guess he wasn't reading the D well).

The second one...about Zac's skills. I do think that Zac is skilled and has the physical traits necessary to lead this team as the number 1 QB. Of course, I guess this could be said about Mike and Joe as well. To this point, Zac hasn't seemed to be able to get over the mental hurdles needed to be the #1 guy. That isn't an excuse...it's the reason that I don't think he's the number 1.

The third one...about expecting Zac to be the #1. I was just trying to be honest. I wanted Zac to be number 1 because he's put in his time and worked hard. He's been in the program longest and he's set despite having very productive springs. I've heard a lot of good things about Zac and I wanted him to be the number 1 guy. The reason I stated this in my evaluation of the QB play was because I didn't want people to think I was some Zac basher and that's the reason I put him at #3. I put him at 3 despite the fact that I went him giving Zac a higher margin for error than the other two and they still outshined him.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Yes, but you also posted the following about Champion. BTW, are you sure you didn't get these quotes from JBIII?

Appears to be the most "mature" QB (as he should)

* I went into this scrimmage fully expecting to see Zac as the best QB. I wanted him to be the number one guy...

JL, let me be clear, I'm not jumping down your throat on this. I'm only using your words as an example of what many on here believe. The reason I'm doing this is because I don't understand this love affair with Zac. Is it the "cool" last name that intrigues everyone? Is it the guady 8 man numbers he put up? Or is it because he's been here the longest? I'm confused....I need something a little more concrete to sway my opinion.
    Zac had the best spring last year and many people expected him to be named the starter then. That made him the obvious favorite this year. He still has to win the job, which he hasn't done yet or he'd be named the starter but he has all the tools to succeed, has learned the offense and has had time to mature over his three years here. BTW he played 11 man football his SR year and was pretty good.

I think all 3 QBs have had really good springs and whoever we start we will be better off than last year. IMO Dana looked the best Saturday but that is just one picture of what the coaches have seen the entire spring. They are taking into account more than just the spring game and rightfully so. Zac is my favorite pick to win the job b/c he has plenty of talent, can make all the throws, has had time to learn the offense and could be a great leader of the team IMO. If he doesn't win the job, I'm not going to pout and cry about it like it seems you will if he does win the job. I don't care I just want the QB that gives us the best chance to win to play and I think that is Zac. I also think that is what the coaches are thinking at this point.

It's cool 88...let me answer to my quotes...

The first one...about maturity was because he threw one ball away and didn't seem to force much (at the spring game). He did make some bad throws and was sacked often (I guess he wasn't reading the D well).

The second one...about Zac's skills. I do think that Zac is skilled and has the physical traits necessary to lead this team as the number 1 QB. Of course, I guess this could be said about Mike and Joe as well. To this point, Zac hasn't seemed to be able to get over the mental hurdles needed to be the #1 guy. That isn't an excuse...it's the reason that I don't think he's the number 1.

The third one...about expecting Zac to be the #1. I was just trying to be honest. I wanted Zac to be number 1 because he's put in his time and worked hard. He's been in the program longest and he's set despite having very productive springs. I've heard a lot of good things about Zac and I wanted him to be the number 1 guy. The reason I stated this in my evaluation of the QB play was because I didn't want people to think I was some Zac basher and that's the reason I put him at #3. I put him at 3 despite the fact that I went him giving Zac a higher margin for error than the other two and they still outshined him.
    Excellent post JL. I see where you're coming from. I too don't want to be labeled a basher, but sometimes you have to voice an opinion about something you feel strongly about. Our football team gained a lot of confidence and momentum after thrashing Fresno State-- the last thing this team needs is a QB to have mental breakdowns during a game, especially against teams like Neb, Tex A&M, and Boise.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Zac had the best spring last year and many people expected him to be named the starter then. That made him the obvious favorite this year. He still has to win the job, which he hasn't done yet or he'd be named the starter but he has all the tools to succeed, has learned the offense and has had time to mature over his three years here. BTW he played 11 man football his SR year and was pretty good.

I think all 3 QBs have had really good springs and whoever we start we will be better off than last year. IMO Dana looked the best Saturday but that is just one picture of what the coaches have seen the entire spring. They are taking into account more than just the spring game and rightfully so. Zac is my favorite pick to win the job b/c he has plenty of talent, can make all the throws, has had time to learn the offense and could be a great leader of the team IMO. If he doesn't win the job, I'm not going to pout and cry about it like it seems you will if he does win the job. I don't care I just want the QB that gives us the best chance to win to play and I think that is Zac. I also think that is what the coaches are thinking at this point.

Champion looks like a QB. He looks to be the most in charge of the team on the field. He walks like a QB, acts like a QB, and seems to be the team leader. But when the ball is snapped, he is not very good at seeing the rush coming and avoiding it. He throws the ball into the dirt a lot like a pitcher trying to aim the ball instead of just throwing it, and he puts too many balls up in the air just hoping for something good to happen. His longest pass of the day was thrown into a crowd where the receiver went up and brought the ball down. I think he is still a work in progress. Mosley's stats got robbed when those two perfectly thrown long balls were dropped by Simmons and Holland. He appears to be the most mobile but when he rolled out away from the pressure or tried to scramble, the defense still caught him so either our defense is extremely fast or he just isn't quite as mobile as he looks. Dana looked like the speed of the game was too much for him on his first two possessions but then he made some adjustments and seemed to be much more in control. I think right now, simply because of his size, I put him #1 on my depth chart over Mosley with Champion #3. But I still say I would like to see a lot more work out of Broderson. His timing was a little off because he hasn't had the reps but there was just something there that spelled potential. Just my .02, and that's about what its worth.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

88 I understand what you are saying and I don't care who starts at QB as long as they get the job done, but champion did not play 8 man football, so get off that.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman
    88 I understand what you are saying and I don't care who starts at QB as long as they get the job done, but champion did not play 8 man football, so get off that.
    Hachiman, how many years did Champion play 11 man football.

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman
    Well, I do care who starts, especially if the QB doesn't know where and when to throw the football. That is what spring games and scrimmages are for. IT's the only way for coaches and fans to get a realistic picture of what to expect, and right now I'm scared to death of who JB might insert as our QB. BTW, since you know so much about Zac, tell me who else recruited him? I'm anxiously awaiting...

+ Reply to Thread