+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: lost

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

lost

with the success of the '24' thread i figured that some folks might be interested in discussing the happening on the island. lsucks, d04, drunkenrogue...amongst others...you know who you are.

Puppy Drunken Rogue is an unknown Drunken Rogue's Avatar

Big Grin Re: lost

Hell Yeah,

This show in particular deserves some BBB love. While 24 is a lot of fun, what else can you say about it in a talkback but, "Wow, it was cool when Jack punched that guy in the face." or "Do you remember when Jack said, 'Dammit!'

Lost on the other hand is a slow burn show. Every week you put in to it is like a little extra payoff you'll get in the end. I love it and can't wait for the next episode.

more later, I gotta get to work.
    Joel

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: lost

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    with the success of the '24' thread i figured that some folks might be interested in discussing the happening on the island. lsucks, d04, drunkenrogue...amongst others...you know who you are.
    i don't watch much tv, but lost is tivo'd each week and watched as soon as possible. in my opinion, the best tv show since mcguiver (i know, i'm a nerd). how about last week's episode? is the whole thing a figment of hurley's imagination? awesome writing!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    i don't watch much tv, but lost is tivo'd each week and watched as soon as possible. in my opinion, the best tv show since mcguiver (i know, i'm a nerd). how about last week's episode? is the whole thing a figment of hurley's imagination? awesome writing!
    Yeh, that threw me off at the end. when his honey was the girl in the psyche ward. Either she followed him or she is also figment, but other people can talk to her. Wow, it was pretty awesome. Then, the whole lotto number thing. The guy at the mental ward said them, they were used on the island various times. This all has my head spinning. It is great.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Yeh, that threw me off at the end. when his honey was the girl in the psyche ward. Either she followed him or she is also figment, but other people can talk to her. Wow, it was pretty awesome. Then, the whole lotto number thing. The guy at the mental ward said them, they were used on the island various times. This all has my head spinning. It is great.
    i think that at the end was just added to throw you off -- the extra turn of the screw to keep you wondering. that's part of what makes it the best-written tv show i think i've ever watched.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

here's the thing:

the island tends to manifest things/people who have had a significant impact on the losties in the past and with which/whom they have had issues but these manifestations almost always lead them to a greater revelation. exapmles: jack saw his dad who led him (in a round about way) to the caves, sawyer had his boar, locke temporarily relost the use of his legs, kate had her black horse, shannon and sayid saw walt, now hurley has his dave...but all of those experiences have led them to a greater understanding of either themselves or the island. why?--i don't know, but it is fun to see these themes.

incidently, i don't think this is all in hurley's head...that would be too easy. libby being a patient in the asylum was a neat little thing they did...but i think she is definately real. i am interested to see where this goes.

also wondering how the "other henry"-locke relationship will develop.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    here's the thing:

the island tends to manifest things/people who have had a significant impact on the losties in the past and with which/whom they have had issues but these manifestations almost always lead them to a greater revelation. exapmles: jack saw his dad who led him (in a round about way) to the caves, sawyer had his boar, locke temporarily relost the use of his legs, kate had her black horse, shannon and sayid saw walt, now hurley has his dave...but all of those experiences have led them to a greater understanding of either themselves or the island. why?--i don't know, but it is fun to see these themes.

incidently, i don't think this is all in hurley's head...that would be too easy. libby being a patient in the asylum was a neat little thing they did...but i think she is definately real. i am interested to see where this goes.

also wondering how the "other henry"-locke relationship will develop.
    What about the polar bear they killed in that episode? Did you notice that the little black kid was looking at a comic with a polar bear in it earlier in that show. that was very wierd because it shows some sort of foreshadow. A polar bear in the jungle, that was very wierd.

Is it all a dream?

I don't buy for a minute that this whole thing is just a dream. Like many others have said elsewhere, with a show like Lost or X-Files or Twin Peaks, the central mystery IS what the story is about. Character development and excellent writing (not to mention beautiful ladies) is a great package to wrap it up in, but we really come to find out what the heck the deal is with the island.

Unlike the above mentioned shows, which never had plans for long term resolutions, Lost was crafted in the opening days of its development with a five to six year plan. I am sure that based on ratings this could be lengthened or shortened but we have major story arcs for at least three more years. Surely so much build up and anticipation would not be resolved with Hurley coming out of a drug induced stupor in the asylum. If that was indeed the punchline, I doubt Lindelof and the other writers would not have teased us with that this early.

I think there is definately a government/corporation conspiracy involved with the island's weirdness as well as the losties arrival there. Also it is entirely possible that some sort of supernatural entity (ala the entertainment weekly article from a month or so ago) is running everything, think about the "he" that others have spoke of several times now.

By the way if you haven't read that EW article you guys need to google it seriously. One of their writers basically lays out his theory of everything as far as lost is concerned. It's interesting to say the least.

I'm out

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

There's plenty of more subtle self-references too. Did anyone notice that Oceanic plane taking off in the background when Locke met his dad at the motel? Or that the real Henry Gale's address was 815 (two the cursed numbers)? Or that the safety deposit box Kate robbed was 1516 (also cursed numbers)?

How about all those crazy black-light heiroglyophs on the blast door?! That was wild!

I dont think this is all Hurley's imagination. (JJ has more respect than that for his fans.) But I am really looking forward to Libby's backstory now.

One thing's for sure ... all of creative energy going into Lost has been at Alias's expense. Sidney was once my favorite show, but the the 4th season blew goats.

I'll definetly check out the EW article. Thanks! (It doesnt have spoilers, does it?)

No spoilers in the EW article, no. It is all theory and supposition.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

The Iraqi guy is also in the episode where Kate goes to see her Dad at the Army recruiting office. He appears on a TV screen in the background.

Also, I read that the black smoke contained faces of people and voices when played in slow motion.

What is EW?

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

A couple of things from last weeks episode got me -

"God doesn't see this island anymore than the rest of the world"

"This place is a joke"

Make me curious how much more they are going to feed us this season before they piss me off with the season finale...

I like Hurley episodes and I'm am looking forward to Libby's.

BUT I need another Kate episode. I could watch her everytime.

Re: Is it all a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Rogue
    I think there is definately a government/corporation conspiracy involved with the island's weirdness as well as the losties arrival there. Also it is entirely possible that some sort of supernatural entity (ala the entertainment weekly article from a month or so ago) is running everything, think about the "he" that others have spoke of several times now...
    so, does this mean you are no longer speculating on the "they're all dead and in a purgatory-esque place" theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    ...What is EW?
    entertainment weekly. and it is a neat article.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    I like Hurley episodes and I'm am looking forward to Libby's.

BUT I need another Kate episode. I could watch her everytime.
    looks like we get our first ever rose and bernard episode this wednesday...i'm looking forward to that one.

but you are absolutely correct; we can NEVER have too much kate.

+ Reply to Thread