+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Impeachment

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by DRay563
    Just like the old adage, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." This was not just something to keep you out of trouble with your parents; it is a general rule of life for proper social behavior.
    welcome to life, son. you are not in elementary school anymore. for the rest of your life, you will run into people that will say some very unnice things to you. it's the nature of life -- there is pressure, and pressure leads to honesty. the sooner you understand and accept this, the better.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Varsity Bulldog DRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really nice DRay563's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    Thanks roommate of Caleb! Why is it that I spoke to you twice today, and you didn't mention this to me? Then you come on the message board to post this telling me what my job is, how I should act, and what proper social behavior is like you are my mother or something. Remember, 47% of the student body did not vote for Caleb. Caleb solicited many votes in ways that broke the bylaws and through shady campaign tactics. I believe that it was enough to affect at least 41 votes which would have changed the outcome of the election. The Supreme Court had a dissenting opinion each time they heard the case. I know that anybody can come read my posts, and I hope everybody does. If something is unfair, the answer shouldn't be "too bad." It should be justified. And sorry, I'm not transfering. You obviously haven't been around BB&B for very long. Thanks for your opinion.
    Because I do not feel that I need to known as "the roommate of Caleb." I have my own opinions, my own thoughts, and they are valid no matter my affiliation to Caleb.

Also, I did not mention any names specifically. I not once said "Eric Post, please stop...." If you feel I was speaking to you, then it probably means that something I said struck a chord. I was not speaking to anyone in particular, and I'm sorry if you feel that it was directed towards you because that was not the intent of the post.

I will say, though, that the words "shady campaign tactics" are loaded with opinion and designed to influence uninformed readers more than anything. Just because you would have done things differently than he does not make the tactics shady. Also, the breaking of the bylaws were not done by him directly. They were done by people that were volunteers for his campaign ((not even on his campaign committee)) and, even though he directed otherwise, went their own way to "further the Caleb Smith campaign." This does not constitute CALEB breaking the bylaws even though the bylaws were broken, nor does it constitute shady tactics.

Also, while I may be new, it doesn't make me uninformed. I read the entire thread before I posted. I also have read the bylaws and the constitution and the pertinent sections of the Student Handbook. No, I'm not a part of SGA, but that doesn't mean I can't understand or know what's going on.

In Christ,
    Daniel

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRay563
    I will say, though, that the words "shady campaign tactics" are loaded with opinion
    well, heaven forbid somebody posting on an internet message board has an opinion on something. my goodness. you really need to lighten up about a few things.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Dray-

I assumed your post was directed towards me becuase it was made directly following my post and you said "it is not your job to be a dissenting opinion" which obviously was directed towards me. I apologize for the roommate of Caleb thing. I thought it was ok to post that because you signed your entire name on your post, and the roommate thing is common knowledge that you have made known by facebook.

I have EVERY document concerning the entire election, campaign, every appeal, every decision made by each member of the court, and every decision made by the SOC in front of me as well as the bylaws, constitution, and student handbook. They are public documents. I encourage you to educate yourself on the entire case before you try to claim what I have said is false. Nobody can dispute anything I have said. Caleb did break the bylaws by campaigning at the polling site. His campaign "volunteers" cheated as well. His initial campaign of LSU-R was prohibited by the SGA because it was completely wrong. You can't deny any of those facts. So I guess they weren't shady; they were illegal.
    Direct relation to a post means using the Quote function. You know that Blue... :icon_wink

"T"

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Direct relation to a post means using the Quote function. You know that Blue... :icon_wink

"T"
    HAHA!! He's new. It look me 7 months to discover the quick reply.

Varsity Bulldog DRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really nice DRay563's Avatar

HAHA!! He's new. It look me 7 months to discover the quick reply.
    Cut me a little slack. I'm not new to discussion boards. I've been posting on a discussion board with a very similar format for a good while now.

Dray-

I assumed your post was directed towards me becuase it was made directly following my post and you said "it is not your job to be a dissenting opinion" which obviously was directed towards me. I apologize for the roommate of Caleb thing. I thought it was ok to post that because you signed your entire name on your post, and the roommate thing is common knowledge that you have made known by facebook.
    Don't worry bout it.

I have EVERY document concerning the entire election, campaign, every appeal, every decision made by each member of the court, and every decision made by the SOC in front of me as well as the bylaws, constitution, and student handbook. They are public documents. I encourage you to educate yourself on the entire case before you try to claim what I have said is false. Nobody can dispute anything I have said. Caleb did break the bylaws by campaigning at the polling site. His campaign "volunteers" cheated as well. His initial campaign of LSU-R was prohibited by the SGA because it was completely wrong. You can't deny any of those facts. So I guess they weren't shady; they were illegal.
    While I do not have every document at my finger tips, I have had access to every document and have read the majority of them. I consider myself relatively educated on the topic, although maybe not as educated as yourself. :-)

I will agree, Caleb officially broke the bylaws through campaigning at the polling site. However, this is a very nit-picky scenario because we have to understand a couple of things ((of which I am sure you are already aware)). Caleb did not campaign for himself. Caleb was in the polling area to vote and to get a keyboard for Lindsey. He never stayed for any real length of time. His T-shirt was not in violation because of the meeting held on March 27th saying that paraphenalia was acceptable in the polling areas. Therefore, according to the letter of the law, he was campaigning because he encouraged students to vote for an SGA sponsored thing. This, however, is an insignificant infraction and has nothing to do with encouraging votes for himself. If you doubt the validity of the statement ((not necessarily how people interpretted things, but the actual intent)), just talk to Caleb about it.

Flyers on A-frames: can't be proven it was his team. Flyers on cars: not explicitly denied ((although the decision was upheld, I would still contest this as a moot point that should be overlooked due to no explicit stating in the student handbook)). LSU-R slogan: maybe I am misinformed, but I have yet to hear of any explicit denial from the beginning of the campaign. Upon hearing of the negative opinion he was receiving, Caleb not only retracted the slogan and removed it from future flyers and from the A-frames, he also sent letters of apologies to several people, including but not limited to, Dr. Reneau and Lindsey.

Any issues I am misinformed on or have wrong information about, please correct me! I am interested in truth, not opinion.

In Christ,
    Daniel

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

That means that you should get no slack and that we have the right to tar and feather, hang, and castrate you. LOL

"T"

OH yeah... Caleb has moved into UP which is covered under his job description. One of the many signs that that say he is and will be the SGA president next year.

"T"

+ Reply to Thread