+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Impeachment

Less than one week after elections, newly elected SGA President Caleb Smith was impeached for several campaign violations yesterday. His challenger Matt Babcock will be the SGA President next year. I expect this to get really dirty in the upcoming days.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: Impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    Less than one week after elections, newly elected SGA President Caleb Smith was impeached for several campaign violations yesterday. His challenger Matt Babcock will be the SGA President next year. I expect this to get really dirty in the upcoming days.
    Wow, what were the violations? Was Brian voting for him online? :icon_wink

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

wow, i know caleb he never struck me as a rule violator.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

WylyGate 2006!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    wow, i know caleb he never struck me as a rule violator.
    he didn't...
    i demand voting reform ...
    count the chads...

JFord

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    he didn't...
    i demand voting reform ...
    count the chads...

JFord
    tech's using a butterfly ballot now?! i'm going to have to write a letter.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Wow, what were the violations? Was Brian voting for him online? :icon_wink
    haha!! not Brian...

1. CAMPAIGNING at a POLLING SITE
    2. Putting flyers on cars
    3. Putting flyers on the SGA boards

All 3 violate rules clearly stated in the election handbook given to the candidates at the beginning of the campaign. Campaigning at the polling site was the biggie.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this just means that he will learn how to hide things like that better and become a better politician. He will be in the U.S. Senate in 10 years, probably.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

i feel bad for him but he knew ,going into this election, the rules . . . i didn't vote for him i abstained . . . i didn't really care for either candidates

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh
    i feel bad for him but he knew ,going into this election, the rules . . . i didn't vote for him i abstained . . . i didn't really care for either candidates
    SEE - just like National Elections! :icon_wink

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh
    No Libertarian or Green Party candidates, eh?

So here are the official charges:
    1. Smith was not in good standing with SGA because he was impeached last year due to failure to complete 5 required SGA office hours.
    2. Smith posted campaign fliers on the SGA boards which violates the bylaws.
    3. Smith heavily campaigned soliciting votes at The Big Event, an SGA sponsored event, which is prohibited.
    4. Smith placed fliers on cars in the Tech parking lots which is prohibited.
    5. After being warned by SGA members on multiple occasions, Smith continued to campaign within the polling areas which is a direct violation of the bylaws.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

As for the first charge, he was allowed to sign up or qualify for the election?

The rest sounds like willful violations, but then again I don't know the whole story.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    So here are the official charges:
    1. Smith was not in good standing with SGA because he was impeached last year due to failure to complete 5 required SGA office hours.
    2. Smith posted campaign fliers on the SGA boards which violates the bylaws.
    3. Smith heavily campaigned soliciting votes at The Big Event, an SGA sponsored event, which is prohibited.
    4. Smith placed fliers on cars in the Tech parking lots which is prohibited.
    5. After being warned by SGA members on multiple occasions, Smith continued to campaign within the polling areas which is a direct violation of the bylaws.
    all but one or two charges were dropped, correct?

an appeal for caleb smith must be submitted in 48 business hours from the time of the impeachment. this appeal on Smith's behalf is being written up to be turned in by Tuesday of next week (school closed Friday and Monday for Easter break).

BTW BLUE, none of my responses are directed towards you, they are only in efforts to give more information.

JFord

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

1 and 3 were thrown out by both the Election Commission and the Supreme Court because there is no where in the bylaws that directly prohibits this behavior. 2nd thing, official opinions of the Supreme Court were given to each party and made public at 2:30 p.m. on April 13th, so the deadline for appeals is Wednesday, April 18 at 2:30 p.m. If you have any other questions, please email me at sgapresident@latech.edu.

Sincerely,
    Lindsay Mencacci
    SGA President

+ Reply to Thread