+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Fresno State game 1

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Fresno State game 1

Is the drop off to our back-up catcher a big one?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    I'm with you on that one... I thought the same thing when they left him out there to run when we HAD to score. The only thing I could come up with is maturity. He is a senior with alot of experince in close games; Better to leave him in and play conservative than to put in fresh legs who might fet a little jumpy, antsy, or crazy out there and cost us the game? That's just my guess BLUE... but like you said, I would have thought Sim would have had someone run for Mims. Not Big Ben; didn't "need" a runner because he was behind Mims anyway.

"T"
    I would have run for Ben when he was on first base because there was 1 out, and Fresno was trying to turn a double play to end the game. But that's just me.

Puppy KDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    I would have run for Ben when he was on first base because there was 1 out, and Fresno was trying to turn a double play to end the game. But that's just me.
    In WAC games you only have a 25 man roster. In the 9th we had no one else to pinch run,etc, except pitchers and our back up catcher. If you pinch run your catcher and we don't win the game then you're left with Mims as the only catcher if the game continues. A foul tip hits Mims finger and we have no catcher to replace him. Catching is way different than other positions, you can't just stick a pitcher in there. Most of you probably know that there is no "re-entering" the game in college. Also, you really don't like to change catchers in a game unless injury forces it.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg
    In WAC games you only have a 25 man roster. In the 9th we had no one else to pinch run,etc, except pitchers and our back up catcher. If you pinch run your catcher and we don't win the game then you're left with Mims as the only catcher if the game continues. A foul tip hits Mims finger and we have no catcher to replace him. Catching is way different than other positions, you can't just stick a pitcher in there. Most of you probably know that there is no "re-entering" the game in college. Also, you really don't like to change catchers in a game unless injury forces it.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread