+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: NEEDED: 100 people to give $50.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: NEEDED: 100 people to give $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    $60, right?

Amazing job everybody.

I'll say it again. When you tell people you have a specific need and a specific plan to fulfill that need, they will give money to help you accomplish that specific purpose. If you put out a hat and say "would eveybody please put some money in it and trust us to decide how to spend it," you won't get much money.
    And, the CHOIR sounds out a loud AMEN!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    My guys would be best suited for functions west of Ruston. As a sponsor of a golf event or a gathering of some kind to help raise more money. Alcohol companies supporting TECH on campus would be frowned upon in Ruston. Not to mention it would not be a very smart sponsorship (location wise). But the owner of my wife's company, that another story.

Of course any of them would be fine to contact about personal donations. It would take some work though.
    What I mean, is why can't the Dugout Club approach people like this. Not necessarily your boss, but any TECH alum in a position like your boss. If TECH won't approach them and we do, it still helps TECH.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

The article on the front page needs to be updated with the total.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Picked up my paycheck today... all $186 of it has been sent via paypal.
    GO DAWGS!!!

"T"

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

WOW T, that is really cool. Thanks for supporting Tech the way you do.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Picked up my paycheck today... all $186 of it has been sent via paypal.
    GO DAWGS!!!

"T"
    T, thanks a ton, man, but next time save yourself enough money to buy a pizza.

I add my thanks for your being such a great Tech student/fan.

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

I have sent my $50 through paypal and will contribute to support projects through bbb. A lot I have read I agree with. It blows my mind that the basement does not get it. What an invaluable resource they have in this board, and in particular, with its administrators. It seems that we prove ourselves time and time again to be more than willing to help. I just do not see how the athletic department can constantly give a group begging to give them money "the hand, the finger, or thumb to nose." Therefore, I will continue to support bbb projects where I sincerely feel that my money will go toward projects I want to see. I will not give to this athletic administration to throw at their discreationary projects which =s no direction. I would like to see bbb go after the jumbotron at the football stadium and scoreboards at all sporting events. Forget a sponsor, or worst case, be the sponsor. Then we - the bbb could possibly sell advertisements to whomever we wish. BB&B could then manage the money generated from the advertisements as we see fit. That equals direction. A NO from the admisistration does not mean NO. It means you look for a different way. This may not even be feasible, but winners find solutions and loser only point out the reasons we can't. Let us all continue to work toward solutions.

Well done all BB&Bers!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog29
    I have sent my $50 through paypal and will contribute to support projects through bbb. A lot I have read I agree with. It blows my mind that the basement does not get it. What an invaluable resource they have in this board, and in particular, with its administrators. It seems that we prove ourselves time and time again to be more than willing to help. I just do not see how the athletic department can constantly give a group begging to give them money "the hand, the finger, or thumb to nose." Therefore, I will continue to support bbb projects where I sincerely feel that my money will go toward projects I want to see. I will not give to this athletic administration to throw at their discreationary projects which =s no direction. I would like to see bbb go after the jumbotron at the football stadium and scoreboards at all sporting events. Forget a sponsor, or worst case, be the sponsor. Then we - the bbb could possibly sell advertisements to whomever we wish. BB&B could then manage the money generated from the advertisements as we see fit. That equals direction. A NO from the admisistration does not mean NO. It means you look for a different way. This may not even be feasible, but winners find solutions and loser only point out the reasons we can't. Let us all continue to work toward solutions.

Well done all BB&Bers!
    Let's put it this way. If BBB came up with a logical plan to supply a jumbotron and JO turned it down, he better have an alternative or he's going to look like an idiot.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Let's put it this way. If BBB came up with a logical plan to supply a jumbotron and JO turned it down, he better have an alternative or he's going to look like an idiot.
    Say, WHAT ??

jmo :icon_wink

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Sorry but he looks and is an idiot. (negative post but JO has no business being our AD) Only thing Oakes knows how to do is pimp our football team for money.

Puppy DawgPops is an unknown DawgPops's Avatar

Heard about this from Sim. I think this a great idea and I know the players appreciate it. I joined the board so I could send donation. Keep up the wonderful work.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Welcome Pops! Is that your son in the pic?

Puppy DawgPops is an unknown DawgPops's Avatar

Yeap.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Welcome, DawgPops.
    Last edited by Tech77; 05-01-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    Sorry but he looks and is an idiot. (negative post but JO has no business being our AD) Only thing Oakes knows how to do is pimp our football team for money.
    Interesting notion...

+ Reply to Thread