+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NEEDED: 100 people to give $50.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: NEEDED: 100 people to give $50.

Have they shopped around for the best prices for these items? Just some quick searching found lots of batting cage nets for less that $1750 each:

http://www.battingcagesinc.com/KVX200.htm

Maybe if they found some cheaper nets there would be money left over from the $5,000 to put towards even more needed equipment? I am sure there are other needs as well. Of course I don't know what kind of nets they are needing, and I don't claim to know squat about batting cage nets. For all I know the cheaper ones I found are crap, but it never hurts to shop around.

What is the deadline for the donations? I will actually get a real, live paycheck for the first time in July, so I may have to wait on the next project if the deadline for this one runs out. Any hints on what the big $40K project is for??

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby
    Have they shopped around for the best prices for these items? Just some quick searching found lots of batting cage nets for less that $1750 each:

http://www.battingcagesinc.com/KVX200.htm

Maybe if they found some cheaper nets there would be money left over from the $5,000 to put towards even more needed equipment? I am sure there are other needs as well. Of course I don't know what kind of nets they are needing, and I don't claim to know squat about batting cage nets. For all I know the cheaper ones I found are crap, but it never hurts to shop around.

What is the deadline for the donations? I will actually get a real, live paycheck for the first time in July, so I may have to wait on the next project if the deadline for this one runs out. Any hints on what the big $40K project is for??
    Is it possible to get a scoreboard for that price? Or maybe more chairbacks in the stands?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Any hints on what the big $40K project is for??
    Simoneaux wants an $80,000 scoreboard. We may try to raise $40,000 a year for 2 years.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I tell you what...if I win Mega Milllions on Tuesday night..that scoreboard is taken care of!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Simoneaux wants an $80,000 scoreboard. We may try to raise $40,000 a year for 2 years.
    Rooster,
    I still think we should talk to KCS Railroad and see if they will donate some, even if BBB has to talk to them. With rail traffic fixing to pick up here, they might want to try and get a good name for themselves.
    Firedog

P.S. Judging from the people who have been showing up to the games, we might could hit $80,000+ in one year. I know a lot of people didn't make it to the game but there were a lot there. Did Nitz announce it on the radio?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Sent my $50.00 through Paypal!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Question - is there a way (similar to the fence project) that I can send $$ to Champs, but designate it to this?

Reason - I can get a 50% corporate match.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil
    Question - is there a way (similar to the fence project) that I can send $$ to Champs, but designate it to this?

Reason - I can get a 50% corporate match.
    Unfortunately - no...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Do you think Cane's would go in on it (or any other corperate sponsor) if they could put their name/logo on the scoar board? (I work for Cane's and would ask if needed)

"T"

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Dang DOC! Nice job. OK, I'll match you at $150 instead of $100.
    Where's Boycotter CHC? :icon_wink It's $150 to you now.
    Thanks Ray. Just doing what I can. Not everyone has the 'luxuries' that I do as well. Can't wait for taxes to come back, I may be able to have a second round of betting!

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    That's what I was hoping it was! Are there any pictures available (like schools with a similar one) of the type scoreboard he is wanting? I think a nice, modern scoreboard will really add a lot to the baseball stadium.

I also think the corporate sponsorship should be seriously looked at too, and they may well already be doing that. With all the national franchises starting to locate in Ruston, there are plenty of people to approach about it.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Sent my $50 through paypal. Keep it up guys!

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

They are going to try to sell ad space on new scoreboard to pay for the new scoreboard. Anyone know of any businesses that may be legitimately interested?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

That's what I was hoping it was! Are there any pictures available (like schools with a similar one) of the type scoreboard he is wanting?
    University of Arkansas with a scroll line as opposed to the jumbotron...I think.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I've been away for a few days and just got on the board. My $50 will be in the mail tomorrow.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread