+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Gator Jamboree

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: 'Gator Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    CRAP!! I thought that was you Brian. I parked right in front of Caruthers and I saw about 7 Cops there. I was semi curious and drove by. I saw everyone looking at the ground and nobody was within 15 feet of this 'object' on the ground. Little did I know that it was a GATOR! That must have been AWESOME! I drove by twice and saw the guy taking pictures with the dig camera and just figured it something from a car that might have gotten broken into and I left. You SUCK! You didn't mention the few sheriff's that arrived as well.

Oh yea... and I'm glad to hear that everyone made it out of that safely.
    I'm about 97.2% sure there were no Deputies there. I remember thinking that it was weird that they didn't invite any deputies, but I didn't want to ask. Never know about that sort of thing...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    I'm about 97.2% sure there were no Deputies there. I remember thinking that it was weird that they didn't invite any deputies, but I didn't want to ask. Never know about that sort of thing...
    When I was doing my 'drive-by', there was one leaving the parking lot and another one standing by his car on the side of the street. Still glad that nobody was hurt.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Bunk.... That Gator is nothing more than "DAWG FOOD", "DAWG FOOD", "DAWG FOOD"

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

This is the third one that Iknow of on campus. The ohter two were in the pond between the Physical Plant and The Farm Sales Room.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg
    This is the third one that Iknow of on campus. The ohter two were in the pond between the Physical Plant and The Farm Sales Room.
    I walk by there almost every day, and I've often wondered if there were gators there. I've seen lots of turtles, but no gators so far.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

That was a great story. I lived in Ruston for 25 years and never heard of a gator. Allways rumors!!!!

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Great story.

In September 1991, my last year, I was driving up aroudn Cedar Creek and an alligator ran across the road in front of an old lady. I was several police men walking along the road with shotguns and rifles. I thought it might be prison break or fugitive or something. Anyway, a game warden and the owner of a nursery (can't remember the name) on the Farmerville jump in a small creek and caught the gator. Tied him up and took him to Terzia's for measurements. It was 10 ft' and weighed just over 400lbs. I took pictures, but have since lost them. This was one that could have done some damage.

The game warden took it up north of Ruston to D'Arbonne creek to release it. We used to go up that direction to a boat ramp to swing on a rope swing. needless to say, we never went swimming in there again, although we did continue to fish that creek. I can't remember exactly how to get there, but I think the community was Unionville(?)

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

You are talking about Ken's Landing. A tall tree with rail road spikes to get you to the top.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

You know it is a bad day (or you have had too much to drink) when you see a bear setting in a tree in your back yard.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/.../NEWS/60419002

What are they going to find next in North Louisiana, a Gorilla?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg
    What are they going to find next in North Louisiana, a Gorilla?
    Maybe we should have a sign warning the visiting fans not to be alarmed. I am just waiting for someone to call animal control on the AbominableGorilla.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Maybe we should have a sign warning the visiting fans not to be alarmed. I am just waiting for someone to call animal control on the AbominableGorilla.
    The little bulldog pup that comes to the games with the parents of junior transfer Matthew Glassock doesn't know what to make of the Gorilla. It stands up on its hind legs, resting its front paws on the seat in front of it, and watches AG until he is completely out of sight when he comes by making one of his "wipeboard runs."

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

i just love how they said it was a nice sized . . . were they born in a barn or did they just not pay attention to the lakes around here

Okay, I know it took me a pathetically long time, but I finally made it to S'port (and a Verizon network) to get the alligator pics off my phone. They are in the photo section on the main forum page. Enjoy!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I just found the gator photos while posting a pic of a trench in front of my house on the photoplog and then read the story. Thanks for posting. You wrote it well and got enough pics to illustrate the action, which video couldn't have made much better than your description.

Thanks for the laugh!

Okay, so I'm walking home to Vetville and as I'm passing the pond in front of Lomax Hall I spot another little alligator. My cell phone was dead, so I flagged down a Tech cop, who called another cop. Both of them had also responded to the one in the story that started this thread.

Anyway, apart from the irony of my finding another alligator on campus, somebody who wandered by to see what was going on said that they had read in the Leader that a 'gator had been caught up by the Episcopal Church and the writer said that they ended up putting it in one of Tech's ponds. Apparently they really did.

Does anybody know anything about this? I'm pretty ticked about it. This is the pond next to the garden there, the one with the fountain and everything. My father-in-law takes my 1 year old and my 3 year old down there every day, and I know other small children play there as well. The police said that they would tell their supervisor about it, but that they probably wouldn't call the wildlife folks until the 'gator started causing problems. It's bad enough that the police aren't all that concerned, but I really don't understand why someone would deliberately put an alligator in that pond. It's not like this is some pond in the country or something. There is a sidewalk that runs through part of the pond and a little deck on the pond--clearly a place that is likely to have people hanging around.

+ Reply to Thread