+ Reply to Thread

Thread: banquet

Bulldog d-dawg has turned a few heads around hered-dawg has turned a few heads around hered-dawg has turned a few heads around here

banquet

will any new recruits be there tommrow night

since we have the point guards post players

who we looking else to sign

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: banquet

Word was that we were after a big girl from Mississippi. Don't know where that stands, though. She was going to be at the banquet. That was the word last week, anyway.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Did the big girl from Mississippi show up at the banquet??????
    How about it insider???

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by exit84
    Did the big girl from Mississippi show up at the banquet??????
    How about it insider???
    The Banquet isn't until tonight.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I was told the big girl may not sign Division I. So I am guessing grades but that is not verified.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Another story on her...

March 23, 2006

After growth spurt, Lewis learned game

By Rod Walker
    rwalker@clarionledger.com

Clinton's Katora Lewis, Metro player of the year.

COMING UP

Friday

Boys All-Metro team and player of the year

Saturday

Girls All-State team and Miss Basketball

Sunday

Boys All-State team and Mr. Basketball

CLINTON — Katorra Lewis didn't really just sprout up overnight. It just seemed that way to her mother.

"Katorra came home one day and she was just way up there and I had to look up at her," recalls Tonia Leach about that summer day in 2001. "I said, 'Girl, do you have on high heel shoes?' My husband (Darral Leach) told me we have to get this girl out there playing basketball because she can do something with all this height."

Turns out, they were right.

Lewis blossomed from a 5-foot-8 girl with little interest in basketball to an uncoordinated 6-footer that summer.

She grew 2 more inches over the next four years, polished her game to become a dominant post player and now has been named The Clarion-Ledger All-Metro Player of the Year for 2006.

The Dandy Dozen senior averaged 18.9 points and 11 rebounds this season to help Clinton (32-4) win the Class 5A state championship.

Not bad for a player who always thought her niche would be in track or soccer until the growth spurt that came along long before her basketball skills.

"I had never even touched a ball, so I was really sorry at first," admits Lewis. "I was just tall. I didn't have any moves or anything and would travel every time I got the ball. "

Celia Pharis, Lewis' eighth-grade coach at Clinton Junior High, still remembers those early years.

"Katorra would shoot under the basket and get her own rebound four or five times and about the fifth time it would finally go in," said Pharis. "It took her a few times to get the ball in the basket, but she was always a lot of fun and played with a lot of energy out there. Even back then, you could tell she was going to be a player, though, because she was real competitive and wanted to play every single day. She had the drive back then and that's what it takes."

That, plus a few hard-knock basketball sessions with Darral Leach.

"I would get so frustrated because Katorra's knees would be bruised and she would always have blood coming from somewhere," said her mother. "But he was just making her tough. We always call her the dominator at home. That's where she got her toughness and mean streak from on the court."

Lewis, who once blocked 16 shots in a game as a sophomore, leaves that mean streak on the floor, though. Off the court, she is the life of the locker room, always joking or dancing to keep her teammates laughing.

"Katorra seemed to really just have a lot of fun this year," said first-year Clinton coach Felicia Lofton. "She always works hard and always gets after it in practice. I think her potential is great because she still has a lot to learn. As long as she is willing to learn, the sky is the limit. She has the heart, the desire and the ability."

Lewis, who hasn't met the NCAA's freshman eligibility requirements, is undecided where she will play next season, but listed Okaloosa-Walton (Fla.) CC and Arkansas-Fort Smith as possible college choices.

College coaches are craving Lewis' services after watching her showcase her versatility over her four-year career where she helped her team reach the State Tournament three straight seasons.

"Katorra has so many weapons," said one college coach. "She can score in the paint, on the perimeter, on the run and she can create scores defensively. She plays with a passion and a tenacity on the floor. Katorra fights and scraps and makes everyone around her better."

Including herself.

"I'm just glad I got taller and my dad got me started," said Lewis. "If only I had started playing earlier."

You are just making us want her more, Insider. I still have my fingers crossed. I hope that she doesn't have to go the JUCO route.

Ft. Smith JC is what I understand. So maybe we get a shot down the road. I heard she wanted to come to Tech. A reporter from there sent this:

"Last I heard she was considering a JUCO in Arkansas (Fort Smith) and one in Florida. I’ll find out though."

--
    Rod Walker
    Sports writer
    The Clarion-Ledger
    (601)961-7298
    rwalker@clarionledger.com

On 4/18/06 2:00 PM, Insider wrote:

Did she sign with anyone or do you know who is recruiting her?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

No new recruitment announcement at the banquet, but Long did say that we will still probably sign 2 more. Long told a story about him and Joni recruiting in Kansas a few weeks ago. I thought it was a nice banquet, but they focused too much on the past (25 years ago) instead of what our current ladies have accomplished. I thought the video was awesome, and the food sucked.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    No new recruitment announcement at the banquet, but Long did say that we will still probably sign 2 more. Long told a story about him and Joni recruiting in Kansas a few weeks ago. I thought it was a nice banquet, but they focused too much on the past (25 years ago) instead of what our current ladies have accomplished. I thought the video was awesome, and the food sucked.
    Sounds like a normal Lady Techster banquet. Maddawg said he was going. Wonder if he made it.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Sounds like a normal Lady Techster banquet. Maddawg said he was going. Wonder if he made it.
    I think he was catching a ride with BIGDOG28, old Slaudawg himself.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I thionk he was catching a ride with BIGDAWG28, old Slaudawg himself.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Maddawg said he was going. Wonder if he made it.
    He's probably working (as we speak) on his album, entering the new additions he got tonight at the banquet for his Lady Techsters' Autograph Collection.

I wonder what other two they are recruiting? Insider, do you have any information? You can put it in the recruiting folder, if that is better.

+ Reply to Thread