+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 158

Thread: This is Matt Dearman

  1. #1
    Puppy Dearman is an unknown
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24

    This is Matt Dearman

    First of all, thanks Fox for serving me up to the wolves. Not that I mind though, I figured this would come up eventually, so here we go.

    I'm gonna clear up a few things on here, after that, if you have a problem with me, talk to me about it, instead of complaining on a discussion board I don't have access to. My email address is mwd004@latech.edu.

    First and foremost, its true that right now I'm the Sports Editor for Tech Talk as well as a recruiting analyst for the Tiger Rag and Scout.com. The recruiting analyst job means that I keep in contact with high school football players that are being recruited throughout the country and basiclly say what type of offer they are getting. This stuff is not only written on The Tiger Rag, but on any site connected to scout.com. You could find it on ole miss, georgia, ohio state, notre dame, etc. sites.

    Im a journalism major, and I love sports. Obviously my goal is to find a good job in sports writing. That is what I have done. I enjoy what I am doing, both for Tech and otherwise. I had a job offerred to me that was something I like, so I took it, I'd like to think any of you would have done the same thing. I dont know of any similar job related to Tech. If there was one, I would look into it.

    In regards to the comments about me not being a Tech fan, I take that personally. Am I a fan of LSU sports? Sure. Do I cheer for LSU above Tech? Never. I've never heard anyone publicly blasted for liking Duke basketball or any of the Texas teams.

    I am a Tech student. I love my school. I'm from Baton Rouge, but never once have I wished I was there instead of here. Since I have been in college, I have only seen the teams play each other one time, and I was painted Blue at that game. Anything else is a lie.

    In regards to one person in particular, I would also like to say I enjoyed your comment alluding to shoving something up my a--, followed immediately by a cute quote regarding christians not acting like it.

    Again, if anyone has anything to say to me, instead of just behind my back, you can reach me at mwd004@latech.edu

    Thank you.
    Matt Dearman

  2. #2
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,196

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Do you play the LSU fight song from your phone at TECH games??
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisianaTechMemphis/

    "Folks, our President is STEPPING UP & it is up to all of us FANatics to support what he is trying to do."

    MICKEYS14

  3. #3
    Puppy Dearman is an unknown
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    No. I don't remember that ever happening. If it did, it was a joke when I was a freshman. Thats stupid.

  4. #4
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,196

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Have you ever missed, left early from, or was late to a TECH game because you were watching LSU?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisianaTechMemphis/

    "Folks, our President is STEPPING UP & it is up to all of us FANatics to support what he is trying to do."

    MICKEYS14

  5. #5
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,196

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Do you wear LSU paraphenelia on the TECH campus, at TECH events, or in Lincoln Parish?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisianaTechMemphis/

    "Folks, our President is STEPPING UP & it is up to all of us FANatics to support what he is trying to do."

    MICKEYS14

  6. #6
    Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    8,862

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Dearman, I hope you see the light one day and decide not to root for LSU. I was once just like the guy walking around campus with his LSU stuff on, until one day I realized what an idiot I looked like. It is terrible for our school. I dont root against LSU unlike many, I am just indifferent as I should be. And no, I dont understand how people have an attachment to Duke when they have no affiliation. One of Tech's biggest problems is this little brother syndrome we have with LSU. We will always be regarded as small potatoes as long as this goes on. I dont believe in having two masters when it comes to college athletics and Tech. Tech is where I went and that is who I live and die with. Do I love college sports and watch them when Tech is out? You betcha, but I dont have second team. There is just Tech, and that is it. It isn't enough for many people who like to leach onto success, but it is enough for me.

  7. #7
    Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    5,974

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    You've done it now, CHC has come to play.

  8. #8
    Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Jax
    Posts
    10,120

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Have you ever missed, left early from, or was late to a TECH game because you were watching LSU?
    CHC that comment that was that he wrote and article saying he left the Mississippi State game early and said that was a mistake. I don't know where people turned that into he was going to watch LSU unless they were meant some other game.

  9. #9
    Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,857

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Matt Dearman,


    WARNING OF RIGHTS
    1. You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you understand?
    2. Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of TECH BB&Ber's public opinion. Do you understand?
    3. You have the right to consult someone before speaking to the BB&B forum and to have someone present during questioning now or in the future. Do you understand?
    4. If you cannot afford to consult someone, no one will be appointed for you before any questioning. Do you understand?
    5. If you decide to answer questions now without someone present you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to someone. Do you understand?
    6. Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you willing to answer questions without someone present?

  10. #10
    Puppy Dearman is an unknown
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Do you wear LSU paraphenelia on the TECH campus, at TECH events, or in Lincoln Parish?
    Again, No. I wear blue to games and keep any LSU stuff in the closet.

  11. #11
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,196

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Why is the sports editor of the Tech Talk just now joining this message board??
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisianaTechMemphis/

    "Folks, our President is STEPPING UP & it is up to all of us FANatics to support what he is trying to do."

    MICKEYS14

  12. #12
    Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Jax
    Posts
    10,120

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dearman
    Im a journalism major, and I love sports. Obviously my goal is to find a good job in sports writing. That is what I have done. I enjoy what I am doing, both for Tech and otherwise. I had a job offerred to me that was something I like, so I took it, I'd like to think any of you would have done the same thing. I dont know of any similar job related to Tech. If there was one, I would look into it.
    Seriously I don't know what job everyone was expecting you to get.

    Welcome to the board. Hopefully you stay involved in Tech sports and this is a good place to vent/learn. Don't stay away because of stuff like this. Even Orges went through/goes through this.

  13. #13
    Puppy Dearman is an unknown
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    24

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    And I've never left a Tech game early for LSU. Not that it is necessarily your business, but I left the Mississippi State game for a date. 1,200 other people left early, too, by the way.

  14. #14
    Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    397

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dearman
    First of all, thanks Fox for serving me up to the wolves. Not that I mind though, I figured this would come up eventually, so here we go.

    I'm gonna clear up a few things on here, after that, if you have a problem with me, talk to me about it, instead of complaining on a discussion board I don't have access to. My email address is mwd004@latech.edu.

    First and foremost, its true that right now I'm the Sports Editor for Tech Talk as well as a recruiting analyst for the Tiger Rag and Scout.com. The recruiting analyst job means that I keep in contact with high school football players that are being recruited throughout the country and basiclly say what type of offer they are getting. This stuff is not only written on The Tiger Rag, but on any site connected to scout.com. You could find it on ole miss, georgia, ohio state, notre dame, etc. sites.

    Im a journalism major, and I love sports. Obviously my goal is to find a good job in sports writing. That is what I have done. I enjoy what I am doing, both for Tech and otherwise. I had a job offerred to me that was something I like, so I took it, I'd like to think any of you would have done the same thing. I dont know of any similar job related to Tech. If there was one, I would look into it.

    In regards to the comments about me not being a Tech fan, I take that personally. Am I a fan of LSU sports? Sure. Do I cheer for LSU above Tech? Never. I've never heard anyone publicly blasted for liking Duke basketball or any of the Texas teams.

    I am a Tech student. I love my school. I'm from Baton Rouge, but never once have I wished I was there instead of here. Since I have been in college, I have only seen the teams play each other one time, and I was painted Blue at that game. Anything else is a lie.

    In regards to one person in particular, I would also like to say I enjoyed your comment alluding to shoving something up my a--, followed immediately by a cute quote regarding christians not acting like it.

    Again, if anyone has anything to say to me, instead of just behind my back, you can reach me at mwd004@latech.edu

    Thank you.
    Matt Dearman

    Fox is not the one who served you up for the wolves. You served yourself up for the wolves. It was mentioned on our sports talk show yesterday afternoon by your new boss Matt Deville, the editor of Tiger Rag magazine that you were indeed a writer for Tiger Rag magazine. We had no knowledge of this until Matt metioned it and we were as surprised by it as anyone else.

    Nick White

  15. #15
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,196

    Re: This is Matt Dearman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dearman
    And I've never left a Tech game early for LSU. Not that it is necessarily your business, but I left the Mississippi State game for a date. 1,200 other people left early, too, by the way.
    Have you missed all or part of a TECH game to attend an LSU game?

    We have the right to ask these questions since you are sports editor of the student paper of Louisiana Tech University.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisianaTechMemphis/

    "Folks, our President is STEPPING UP & it is up to all of us FANatics to support what he is trying to do."

    MICKEYS14

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts