+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: This is Matt Dearman

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

Re: This is Matt Dearman

If I remember correctly, last year about this time there was an article written in The Tech Talk about that student fee not being used. It was being held for artificial turf if I remember right.

If The Tech Talk still has their archives section online it might be on there somewhere...could be a good starting place Dearman, but one page is not enough to do much with when you're trying to cover everything

Though, that could definitely be a sports story that makes the front page because of its relevance to all Tech students since they all pay the fee.

Also, here's a little tidbit for you, Kix Brooks (a Tech grad) has a song on their latest cd where he says "talked about the price of oysters and the coach at LSU"

FLAME HIM!!! :icon_roll

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

Also, I'd like to add that being a fan of another sports team is not a cardinal sin. I became a Tech fan in 2001 when I enrolled at Tech, but I became an Alabama fan the day I was born.

I was raised on Alabama football. That doesn't mean I don't have a love and loyalty to Tech. I would never donate money to the Alabama program over Tech's.

Point being I attended and graduated from Tech, but I have been a Tech fan for 5 years and I've been an Alabama fan for 24.

The math never lies.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX
    who is that?
    Indy Bowl mascot

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KayBee
    Also, I'd like to add that being a fan of another sports team is not a cardinal sin. I became a Tech fan in 2001 when I enrolled at Tech, but I became an Alabama fan the day I was born.

I was raised on Alabama football. That doesn't mean I don't have a love and loyalty to Tech. I would never donate money to the Alabama program over Tech's.

Point being I attended and graduated from Tech, but I have been a Tech fan for 5 years and I've been an Alabama fan for 24.

The math never lies.
    Yes, but as a journalist you're not afforded the luxury of being labeled as a fanatic of just one team.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dearman
    Those are the stories I have to put on my page. Pay attention to what I said earlier. I don't have free reign to do whatever I want.
    bs. you have compete control over what goes on your page. if you want it to be full of features, you can do that. if you want story recaps, again that's under your control. unless, of course, things have completely changed in the past two years.

theprofessor

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The math never lies.
    That said, being a TECH graduate, don't you just love the fact that we kicked Alabama's butt twice at their own homecoming games!

that was before I was a Tech student, so I was not happy about that

if it were to happen today, I would glad for Tech but upset for Alabama....I can't say I would pull for that to happen because that would affect the Alabama program more negatively than it would positively affect the Tech program

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

if it were to happen today, I would glad for Tech but upset for Alabama....I can't say I would pull for that to happen because that would affect the Alabama program more negatively than it would positively affect the Tech program
    My brother in law is a huge alabama football fan (though actually played for University of West Alabama). I actually made a shirt that just shows the score that I'll wear for Christmas and Thanksgiving and other holidays when I know I'm going to see him.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Do I understand you correctly in saying that you wouldn't pull for Tech to beat Alabama because it would more negatively affect the Alabama program than it would postively affect the Tech program?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

One game would never override the history of Alabama. But that one game for TECH puts us in the middle of NATIONAL ATTENTION. It would help our status in the nation and could very well change the mind of a big recruit to come our way. Not to mention the locals (Monroe to Shreveport) that will jump on the TECH bandwaggon and spend some desperately needed $ on TECH athletics.

A signed red dot coming from me.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

KayBee - Are you serious?MD

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    One game would never override the history of Alabama. But that one game for TECH puts us in the middle of NATIONAL ATTENTION. It would help our status in the nation and could very well change the mind of a big recruit to come our way. Not to mention the locals (Monroe to Shreveport) that will jump on the TECH bandwaggon and spend some desperately needed $ on TECH athletics.

A signed red dot coming from me.
    It's probably too late, but I wanted Kaybee to clarify the point better before I red dotted. Sometimes what one says on the board isn't exactly what one means. However, it does seem to be clear that Kaybee wouldn't be pulling for Tech. If that's true, it really puts a light on what some people consider being a fan means.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    It's probably too late, but I wanted Kaybee to clarify the point better before I red dotted. Sometimes what one says on the board isn't exactly what one means. However, it does seem to be clear that Kaybee wouldn't be pulling for Tech. If that's true, it really puts a light on what some people consider being a fan means.
    Ditto here Kaybee. Sorry but it needs to be the DAWGS all of the way.

I don't know for sure who I would pull for because I have not been in that situation.

I know the only sport I would have a conflict over is football....the others I would definitely pull for Tech.

I do have to say though, that given the recent history of how Tech athletics have capitalized on such wins (the two Bama wins, win over Michigan State, win over Fresno and winning the conference title....hell, you can include taking Auburn to overtime) I don't see any changes coming to the Tech program except one day's worth of highlights on ESPN.

somebody asked in one of those red dot comments why I didn't enroll at Alabama

well, when I graduated high school I wanted to major in architecture but Alabama doesn't offer a bacherlor's degree in that so I looked around mainly Tech and Mississippi State

after two years at Tech I changed my major and I thought of transfering to Alabama but didn't

+ Reply to Thread