+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: J FORD -

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: J FORD -

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Well, with a bump, you did just the opposite.
    I think that about sums it up. :icon_wink

I always thought it was to bring the thread back to everyones attention when there haven't been any new posts lately. If you don't bump it then it stays in the read portion of your posts. After the bump it moves the thread to the unread portion of your posts and brings everybody back to it again.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

The way i see a bump is, no matter when its posted on a thread, is it tells those reading the thread ok, this subject is over no need to put anything else into it. I'm not sure if the "netiquite" book for forums has been released, even if it has i don't give crap because not like i have been given a whole lot of respect lately. Especially after I was looking out for a friend of mine that was getting bashed in a private forum. He has every right to know he is being bashed.

Bring on the red dots, but at least sign them.

JFord

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    I'm not sure if the "netiquite" book for forums has been released, even if it has i don't give crap because not like i have been given a whole lot of respect lately. Especially after I was looking out for a friend of mine that was getting bashed in a private forum. He has every right to know he is being bashed.
    You won't get a red dot from me, but I may offer a little advice. Try not to take the board so seriously. If you get your feelings hurt real easily, this isn't the best place to hang out. Folks say things on these message boards that they would never say to someone's face (especially the nameless dotters). This thread wasn't started because you let a friend know he needed to defend himself, it was started because someone had very detailed knowledge of what was in a private forum. Having a martyr complex around here can really ruin your day. I'm disappointed that Dearman hasn't been back, but I can't say it surprises me. He should've known he was gonna get some flack for being the sports editor for the Tech Talk while writing for Tiger Rag magazine. Anyway, that's the past...let's move forward.

And, my definition of Bump fits more along the lines of BD13's definition...like when recent events were foretold by a thread or are particularly relavent to a certain thread. I just kind of gathered that, I don't really have a "netiquette" book. :icon_wink
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

That's funny...I just got a dot. And only one person was looking at this thread at the time of the dot. Very interesting. Would've have expected the dot to come from you. Et tu brute?

I think I'll live.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

It def was not me. Johnny, I like you bro, I'm not an a$$.

JFord

I know I sound dot obsessed, but at this point, I don't care...with that caviat, here we go.

I was contemplating my dot and I figure I got it for one reason. I believe it was a hypocrisy dot. In that case, it was much deserved. Those of you who've watched my evolution on this board have seen me fly off the handle and get my feelings hurt often. That is the spirit with which I gave my previous advice. This board is awesome. It's certainly nothing to worry yourself over. I've found that, all in all, the folks on here are good guys who really like Tech. We bicker and say things we don't mean when we're pissed at each other, but I still have faith that we have a high quality poster on bbb. When this board is viewed as more than entertainment, you can get yourself in trouble. Anyway, give me another dot for bein' a philosophiser.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The red dot concept alludes me a little. Sometimes I'll get red dots and I have no idea what I'm being red dotted for. My best example is the Techster soccer promotional thread I started. It seems to me that if you don't like soccer, reading that thread might've been a bad idea. Other red dots seem arbitrary, like the one I got for saying I liked the old school style scoreboards for baseball like the one at wrigley with the guy that puts numbers up from inside. Red dotting someone over a matter of preference seems strange to me.

I guess the problem is that I interpreted the red dots as a punishment for saying something dumb on here like "LSU is better than Tech" or saying "We should start Eric Newman at QB, seriously!" and green dots were rewards for saying something interesting or something that brough incite like "J.Holland spent the offseason working with Cris Carter on his hands."

Also, anonymous dots without an explanation do not allow you the opportunity to understand why you got dotted. In many ways, the red dots are just like Canadian currency. They can't be used for food and don't really hurt when you throw them at people (they're just a little annoying).

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    The way i see a bump is, no matter when its posted on a thread, is it tells those reading the thread ok, this subject is over no need to put anything else into it. I'm not sure if the "netiquite" book for forums has been released, even if it has i don't give crap because not like i have been given a whole lot of respect lately. Especially after I was looking out for a friend of mine that was getting bashed in a private forum. He has every right to know he is being bashed.

Bring on the red dots, but at least sign them.

JFord
    you don't get any respect because you say idiotic things sometimes. i mean idiotic. anyway, when you bump a thread, you are bringing it back to everyone's attention. in order to let a thread die, do not make another post on it. then it just drifts off to oblivion.

theprofessor

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    you don't get any respect because you say idiotic things sometimes. i mean idiotic. anyway, when you bump a thread, you are bringing it back to everyone's attention. in order to let a thread die, do not make another post on it. then it just drifts off to oblivion.

theprofessor

If dots were given because of idiotic statements, then everyone on here would be in the red.:icon_wink

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    If dots were given because of idiotic statements, then everyone on here would be in the red.:icon_wink
    i wasn't talking about dots. i was talking about respect. that's totally different.

theprofessor

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Ford didn't delete this thread. This is a forum for things concerning The Blue. Thank you come again. Character bashing is for recruiting only.

"T"

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    That's funny...I just got a dot. And only one person was looking at this thread at the time of the dot. Very interesting. Would've have expected the dot to come from you. Et tu brute?

I think I'll live.
    My $0.02 on dots.
    I was real close to giving johnny lightning a red dot merely because he is whining about red dots. I didn't, because I know how he feels. I used to take the dots way too seriously. I once made a comment about lsu, and I received "dings" from anonymous members. No blue blood dog brethren came to my defense. I'm thinking, "why does this puple and yella, tigger lovin scum have the ability to chastise me on a TECH board?" I'll admit, I'm clueless.

Big Bengal, I've got nothing against you personally, but I don't give a frog's fat a$$ how many more HOF members lsu has than Tech. And when you receive a red dot from me for posting that $hit, take it like a man. And don't lie saying you meant HOF'ers from Louisiana. Your thread was titled, "How many pro hall of fame players from Tech?" You were saying "ours is bigger than yours."
    YOU ARE ON A TECH BOARD. We get it. Your athletic program is bigger than ours, we get it. Huey P. built your palaces up to a point of self sustainance, we get it. Post that $hit on an lsu board somewhere. I don't care, and I'm pretty sure the majority of members here don't care. I enjoy lively athletic discussions with you, but do the lsu boards suck that bad? I've never been.

with Venomous hatred toward lsu,
    Beefcakes

P.S. bracing for the red hailstorm

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes
    My $0.02 on dots.
    I was real close to giving johnny lightning a red dot merely because he is whining about red dots. I didn't, because I know how he feels. I used to take the dots way too seriously. I once made a comment about lsu, and I received "dings" from anonymous members. No blue blood dog brethren came to my defense. I'm thinking, "why does this puple and yella, tigger lovin scum have the ability to chastise me on a TECH board?" I'll admit, I'm clueless.

Big Bengal, I've got nothing against you personally, but I don't give a frog's fat a$$ how many more HOF members lsu has than Tech. And when you receive a red dot from me for posting that $hit, take it like a man. And don't lie saying you meant HOF'ers from Louisiana. Your thread was titled, "How many pro hall of fame players from Tech?" You were saying "ours is bigger than yours."
    YOU ARE ON A TECH BOARD. We get it. Your athletic program is bigger than ours, we get it. Huey P. built your palaces up to a point of self sustainance, we get it. Post that $hit on an lsu board somewhere. I don't care, and I'm pretty sure the majority of members here don't care. I enjoy lively athletic discussions with you, but do the lsu boards suck that bad? I've never been.

with Venomous hatred toward lsu,
    Beefcakes

P.S. bracing for the red hailstorm
    Well, I gave ya a green for that post. :icon_wink

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Ford didn't delete this thread. This is a forum for things concerning The Blue. Thank you come again. Character bashing is for recruiting only.

"T"
    should i be scared about that

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

I would love to help. I work at a tampon plant. If anyone needs a case just shout out. We are talking about hurt feelings over a red dot! During football season I stayed red. I got plenty of sleep every night. I'm sure if I don't like Conroy's play calling this year I'll be right back red. Tighten up fellows!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread