+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $8,186 and counting as of 5/18/06 AM (edited)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

$8,186 and counting as of 5/18/06 AM (edited)

as of the mail run this afternoon -

That is cash in hand - via Paypal and checks
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: $5,190 and counting

You guys are awesome.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Hey dearman...how about a story about this? It's got plot twists and all.
    -Sim needs stuff
    -Jim says no
    -Sim gets the word out that the team is in need
    -In about a week, a group of fans nickel and dime 5G's together
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Hey dearman...how about a story about this? It's got plot twists and all.
    -Sim needs stuff
    -Jim says no
    -Sim gets the word out that the team is in need
    -In about a week, a group of fans nickel and dime 5G's together
    And so you don't get in trouble with your editor, it would still be a good story without the "Jim says no" subplot. :icon_wink

Here's your headline: "Bulldogn Dugout Club Gets it Done"

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    And so you don't get in trouble with your editor, it would still be a good story without the "Jim says no" subplot. :icon_wink

Here's your headline: "Bulldogn Dugout Club Gets it Done"
    True, but it may compromise the whole "journalism" thing...

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

That is not a total either, because I know some of these supporters just sent in their checks, the total could be close to 5500-6000. just my guess

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    That is not a total either, because I know some of these supporters just sent in their checks, the total could be close to 5500-6000. just my guess
    You are right - that is just what was recieved through Friday's noon mail run...

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

So now what happens? Are you going to send an email to JO and the coaches showing what BBB can do when approached about a specific need?

Everyone that has sent in money has done a great job. I am shocked at how quickly this was raised.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    So now what happens? Are you going to send an email to JO and the coaches showing what BBB can do when approached about a specific need?

Everyone that has sent in money has done a great job. I am shocked at how quickly this was raised.
    Actually, I'm not shocked. Like others have said, there was a specific need communicated from a very well respected coach. Just like the old adage, ask and you shall receive. The difference is respect...we trust and know that Coach Sim will have new nets and tarps purchased and installed ASAP. No politics here, just a call to arms, if you will.

We will always be a part of the Louisiana Tech family, and I don't know about everyone here, but if a family member of mine says hey, I need new shoes, I'll pitch in to buy them; however, if they say I need money to help me get by, but won't tell me with what, I will definitely hesitate...even family members can take advantage and take you to the cleaners...trust me, I've seen it happen.

Just IMO. Personally, I've never listened or followed Tech Baseball. This team, this coach, and this message board made me change my mind... I for once, was more than happy to give, and I'm certain it was the same for many of us here who usually only follow football and basketball. There's just something different about this team, the way it's coached, and the way the need was expressed to an interested fan base...

GO DAWGS!!!!

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Right on tigtoo30 !!!!!! Couldn't have said it any better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752

I'm pleased, but not surprised - actually thought it would take about two weeks, instead of less than 6 days....

JO is well aware of what we are capable of doing - we've been doing stuff like this for the better part of FIVE years now -

This board is FAST approaching providing DIRECT support of over $30K in its short existence -

From tuba covers to wear blue signs to MCH tickets to softball backstops to infield dirt, to funding a trip to El Paso for the tennis team - this board has always STEPPED up and delivered when asked -

And BTW - this board submitted a two-year marketing proposal to Tech Athletics on February 1st that totalled $12,000 over the 24 month period - still waiting on the final verdict, but it has been submitted and probably will be accepted...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I'm pleased, but not surprised - actually thought it would take about two weeks, instead of less than 6 days....

JO is well aware of what we are capable of doing - we've been doing stuff like this for the better part of FIVE years now -

This board is FAST approaching providing DIRECT support of over $30K in its short existence -

From tuba covers to wear blue signs to MCH tickets to softball backstops to infield dirt, to funding a trip to El Paso for the tennis team - this board has always STEPPED up and delivered when asked -

And BTW - this board submitted a two-year marketing proposal to Tech Athletics on February 1st that totalled $12,000 over the 24 month period - still waiting on the final verdict, but it has been submitted and probably will be accepted...
    Dwayne and the rest of the administrators, I'd like to thank you for dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's. I wouldn't know where to begin with all this stuff, but ya'll devote your time and money for something that a bunch of us take for granted. Thanks a ton.

Johnny

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Dwayne and the rest of the administrators, I'd like to thank you for dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's. I wouldn't know where to begin with all this stuff, but ya'll devote your time and money for something that a bunch of us take for granted. Thanks a ton.

Johnny
    Ditto!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: $5,490 and counting as of 4/22/06

Impressive.

Re: $5,826 and counting as of 4/24/06 AM (edited)

Fast approaching $6K as of tally this morning -

+ Reply to Thread