+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want the Saints to draft?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Who do you want the Saints to draft?

Ok. Well we are a week away. There has been a lot of discussion about this #2 pick for the Saints. I just want to know who you want the Saints to draft. Not who you want them to draft, but who do you want them to draft and why.

Even if Reggie Bush slips I don't think that selection makes so much sense. I understand he is a playmaker...but we aren't struggling in the running game or receiving game, or even the return game IMO.

I don't see the need for Mario Williams either. He is a stud. He is a great player. But we have a good defensive line. I think Smith is great, and I think that Grant is good as well.

Ferguson is an interesting pick, but with Brown and Stinchcomb I don't see the need for another tackle.

I want the Saints to draft AJ Hawk. He is a playmaker. He is a good fit for our team. He fits a strong need. Our linebacking core is not top line. I think he is very driven, and I think he would be the great pick. I think we should get out of the #2 position. But I think Hawk will be gone by at least pick #7.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Who do you want the Saints to draft?

Reggie Bush shouldn't slip, but if he does, the Saints should sign him. Here are the reasons they should sign Reggie Bush...the likelihood that we'll make it through a full season with Deuce healthy is slim to none. i hate it for him because he's my favorite NFL player, but it's just seems to be the way it is. The second reason I would draft Bush is because he alone would sell tons of tickets. He'd be on the field making huge plays THIS YEAR.

I want them to get out of the #2 spot. I don't think any of the guys we need are worth #2 money...yes fox, even mario williams:icon_wink . I hope they don't pick up Williams because I think they've got more pressing needs and as you said, we are pretty solid at D-End. I would love to have either D-Brick or Hawk. I think both would be opening day starters who would drastically help on their respective sides of the ball.

TRADE TRADE TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick up some extra picks and fill the holes in the dam.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Reggie Bush shouldn't slip, but if he does, the Saints should sign him. Here are the reasons they should sign Reggie Bush...the likelihood that we'll make it through a full season with Deuce healthy is slim to none. i hate it for him because he's my favorite NFL player, but it's just seems to be the way it is. The second reason I would draft Bush is because he alone would sell tons of tickets. He'd be on the field making huge plays THIS YEAR.

I want them to get out of the #2 spot. I don't think any of the guys we need are worth #2 money...yes fox, even mario williams:icon_wink . I hope they don't pick up Williams because I think they've got more pressing needs and as you said, we are pretty solid at D-End. I would love to have either D-Brick or Hawk. I think both would be opening day starters who would drastically help on their respective sides of the ball.

I second that notion...trade the pick...period

JFord

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I am not a huge Saints fan, but I like them more than a lot of teams. I agree with the previous two posters, trade the pick. It would be great if they could package it and pick up both of the Jets #1's or the 49's #1's. Maybe the 1st this year and a 2nd and 3rd round pick for next year in exchange for both #1's. It would be really cool if they could pick both Hawk and D'Brick somehow...

Edited to include the previous three posters...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin

Ditto on Bush. Take him if he slips to the 2nd pick. He is so much more than just a RB.

That said, I love D-Brick ot Hawk in that #2 slot. I don't care what the numbers say on drafting an LB that high. I'ld take and fly with Hawk in a second.

But most of all I want a shot at BUSH for the chance to get a bunch more picks out of the JETS. They would trade the farm to the Saints for him if Houston passes on Bush.

J...E....T....S... JETS JETS JETS! I want all of their picks. (something like 5 in the first 3 rounds). Hey, I can dream.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Trade down a few spots and get another second round pick for next year and take the HAWK!!

"T"

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

If Bush falls to the 2nd pick that spot is GOLD. You have to trade it away. Saints don't need another runningback. Especially another speed back.

I think Hawk is the way to go but there are some other good pickups. In my eyes the only 3 logical picks (non qb) would be Hawk, the Brick, and Vernon Davis (I am just blown away by his combine and they could use a young tightend). I want the Saints to get Hawk. My second choice would be Vernon Davis but I don't think that is likely.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Trade down or not we need the Brick!!!!!!!!!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    Trade down or not we need the Brick!!!!!!!!!
    So did I just give him a nickname? Before I posted I had never heard anyone call him the Brick.

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here

Take D'Brick...TRADE DOWN...get more picks.
    ________
    HEALTH STORE
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDAWGNBAMA
    Take D'Brick...TRADE DOWN...get more picks.
    I don't understand the obsession with the Brick. It isn't like he is the only good tackle in the draft and there are questions now whether or not he is even the BEST tackle in the draft. The Saints need to hope someone such as the 49ers are willing to trade 2 first round draft pick to move up to number 2. The best chance for that to happen is for Houston to come to their senses and not pick Reggie Bush. But will the 49ers be willing to move up for some other player? I think so because they lost their best defensive player to free agency. They would love to be able to get a Mario Williams or an AJ Hawk to fill in Julian Peterson. So what does that do for the Saints. Hopefully they would be able to trade out of the number 2 and get both 49er 1st round picks. At the 6 spot I take Vernon Davis. Why? Because think of the offense Brees just came out of. Saints will be able to do just about anything if they have a playmaker at tightend like Davis. Now at the 22nd pick the Saints can easily get another one of the "elite" linebackers in this draft. Hope Chad Greenway is around and if not take Bobby Carpenter or some other solid defensive player. 2nd pick in the 2nd round Saints can fill the offensive line need with Eric Winston or Marcus McNeill. Personally I would shoot for Marcus McNeill.

That is how you can get atleast 3 first round quality players out of the number 2 pick while filling team needs. Now the question is will the 49ers move up to get Hawk, Williams, or possibly Bush.

Added in edit- I would also like to point out I am not stupid enough to think this is a logical trade. This is mostly saying if Bush falls to the second pick or if the 49ers are that in love with Mario Williams or AJ Hawk. Ideally for me Saints draft Vernon Davis, Chad Greenway, and Marcus McNeill with their first 3 picks.
    Last edited by Juice752; 04-23-2006 at 11:46 PM.

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

The Brick could probably be moved to guard if necessary, but I have never seen the relevance in taking an O-lineman that high....I understand the importance of the line, but it's just too much money to be using on a guy that most people outside the organization and rabid fans will never notice.

if bush drops to No. 2, the Saints are open for business....and the highest bidder is....

if the saints can't get at least a good 1st round pick, a second round pick and a 1st round pick next year for him, pick him, pay him and make some trades among the other backs (except Deuce).

Hawk is a great choice, but I'd try to trade down to like 5 or 6 to get him

Vernon Davis is an absolute beast, and the way the Saints are always torched by Alge Crumpler, they ought to know a thing or two about tight ends

dear God don't take a wide receiver

assuming Bush goes No. 1, trade to 5 or 6 and take Hawk

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Juice, I don't know who you've been listening to. Ferguson (sp.) is by far the best tackle in the draft...hands down. The obsession is, we just lost our best O-Lineman and DF has potential to be one of the greats. I'd much rather see us take him than mario williams or matt leinert. In my mind it's pretty much a toss up between Hawk and DF.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KayBee
    if the saints can't get at least a good 1st round pick, a second round pick and a 1st round pick next year for him, pick him, pay him and make some trades among the other backs (except Deuce).

Hawk is a great choice, but I'd try to trade down to like 5 or 6 to get him

Vernon Davis is an absolute beast, and the way the Saints are always torched by Alge Crumpler, they ought to know a thing or two about tight ends
    Could you imagine Bush and Duece in the same back field? Defensive coordinator's nightmare.

I would love to see the Saints trade out of the second pick for more picks on the first day. But it is the Saints and you have to consider the worst.

If the Saints trade to 5 or 6, I think they should go for Hawk or D'Brick which ever is available with D'Brick being the priority. I don't think Mario Williams will still be on the board by the 5th or 6th pick although he could help out the DE rotation.

What I pray won't happen but could possibly happen is the Saints staying at #2 and drafting Lienart. IF this happens it could be good or bad. The good would be if he sits his butt on the bench for the first year and carries a clipboard. IMO, he is talented enough to play but he is in a way immature. He is used to southern Cal and LA treating him like a god. If he comes into a team that needs him to carry them, he will fail and maybe last 3 years before a trade for a 5th round pick. I think he needs to learn under a good QB and OC before stepping into the starting slot.

The sad thing is, I can see myself thinking like the Saints and justifying the Lienart pick. They will say they are building for the future and giving him the leadership of Brees to work under. They trade Brees next year before the bonus hits and Lienart takes the reigns. Then again, I can see him saying that N.O. doesn't suit him and him demanding a trade.

Tired of speculating... TRADE DOWN!

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

+ Reply to Thread