+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cash Drive

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

New Cash Drive

Let's take BBB cash drive a step further...why don't we find out EXACTLY how much it is going to cost to upgrade/repair the lighting (or some other needed repair, we could take a poll on what we deem to be the most needed and doable project) in JA Stadium and see if we can't get it done before the start of the upcoming season? We'll know exactly what the money is going for and I wouldn't be afraid to "knock on a few doors" to ask for some moulah.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: New Cash Drive

I'm all for it, but that's gonna be a huge one. The figure Jim gave me was about 250K. I don't know how accurate that is, but if we're gonna try something like that, we need to get started ASAP.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

That's a huge number but I'll bet we could pull it off. I'll give an example...The SAE house at Louisiana Tech was condemned and bulldozed. We (the alum) began a cash drive for a new house fund in much the same fashion as the BASEBALL project. By the first month we had raised a considerable amount of dough and were almost halfway to our goal.

One of our SAE alum had a brother who was also an SAE at tech. Unfortunately he died in a motorcycle accident a couple of years after graduation. This alum saw what was going for the cah drive and made a donation that MET the previous donations to that date as long as the house was named in memory of his brother. We are now constructing a new house at Louisiana Tech.

You never know who will step forward and help if they see that you'rer doing all that you can. We might get part of the way there and have someone or some corporation step up and "make the big play".

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg
    That's a huge number but I'll bet we could pull it off. I'll give an example...The SAE house at Louisiana Tech was condemned and bulldozed. We (the alum) began a cash drive for a new house fund in much the same fashion as the BASEBALL project. By the first month we had raised a considerable amount of dough and were almost halfway to our goal.

One of our SAE alum had a brother who was also an SAE at tech. Unfortunately he died in a motorcycle accident a couple of years after graduation. This alum saw what was going for the cah drive and made a donation that MET the previous donations to that date as long as the house was named in memory of his brother. We are now constructing a new house at Louisiana Tech.

You never know who will step forward and help if they see that you'rer doing all that you can. We might get part of the way there and have someone or some corporation step up and "make the big play".
    The only problem I see with this idea is that it would have to go through Jim Oakes and there's nothing saying that he wouldn't decide to use the money for something other than what we tell him.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

"The Game Plan" has that cost at $225k.

We could probably work a deal with a written "contract" of sorts that states exactly what the money is going for ...much the same as an alum donating enough money for a new building and having it named after them. We could also have some alternative plans for the money if we do not happen to raise enough for the new lighting.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I agree that this needs to be done, BUT there are other things that must be done to continue or begin the play of our student-athletes.

If we don't do the tennis courts, things will get worse and still play at RHS. If we don't resurface the track, they will not be able to train or have any meets. If we don't replace the baseball scoreboard, they will not have one.

But if we don't upgrade the lights at JAS, they will continue to play football.

Just my 2-cents.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    I agree that this needs to be done, BUT there are other things that must be done to continue or begin the play of our student-athletes.

If we don't do the tennis courts, things will get worse and still play at RHS. If we don't resurface the track, they will not be able to train or have any meets. If we don't replace the baseball scoreboard, they will not have one.

But if we don't upgrade the lights at JAS, they will continue to play football.

Just my 2-cents.
    Very true.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Okay, there are 4 projects that are worthy of our support.

Lets get some figures and see if these are possible.

Maybe we cut a deal with JO. We get half and he gets the other half.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I have to agree with Martie. The track and field should be first based on need and performance. The tennis courts speak for themselves. If JO is smart, he will ride this new wave of enthusiasm and support for baseball and get them a new scoreboard.
    Then we can address Joe Aillet and TAC. Bundle everything that needs to be done at Joe Aillet (lights, field turf, etc) then address the TAC (floor, power wash, etc.).
    Could bundle the scoreboards together for another project (jumbotron, TAC, even baseball) and work a deal with for example daktronics.
    Ok, enough rambling!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Guys... I LOVE the enthusiasm. I REALLY DO! But this is a totally different project and a totally different staff. Coach Sim had a goal, he had a price, he knew that we could help and APPRECIATES our help. To me, the lighting, the tennis courts, the scoreboards, and these other BIG things, should be handled by JO and then we can help ONCE WE KNOW where it will go and what SPECIFICALLY will do. I personally have no desire to save Jim's job. If he can't do it, then our AD's paycheck can better be served to someone else. Maybe if Jim would finally recognize this board as GREAT FANS, then I would be a little happier helping him.

Even if we were able to raise that kind of money, it will be put exactly where the fence, field turf, and student fees money is.... I don't trust him with my money, and that's ALOT of money that we're talking about. If this project gets started, I'd hate to say it, but I'm out. Sorry guys.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

1. See Fence Project. (Nothing but excuses)

2. marketdawg for AD

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Are we getting the cart before the horse? I really love the enthusiasm, but you have to realize why the latest fundraiser worked so well! We had a coach approach the BB&B with what he saw as a great need for his program, with specific items, costs of those items, and a reasonable amount of money that could be raised in a short period of time. The die hard BB&B supporters would contribute to any of the causes mentioned above, but to get maximum support as we did in this last effort, we should follow the same pattern. Get a request from a coach who knows what is best with specifics! Once we have done this with a few relatively smaller projects that builds up the numbers of people contributing, then increase the scope of the projects we take on. Along the way we must have these projects that BB&B support advertised so that BB&B gains support members in these projects. That way we not only do something that is seen as a great need by the coaches, but we build the numbers of us that are giving. If we try to take on too much at once, the enthusiasm dies because the successes are slow to come. I don't want to put these ideas down, I just think that enthusiasm can be a delicate thing that needs to be nurtured and grown or else it will die a quick death.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I don't think capital improvement projects can be done without the approvement of the AD even if a coach mentions a specific need to bbb r another support organization, mainly because it improves the value of the property and could affect appraisal or property tax values.

I best solution IMO, has already been said. Get a contract put together that specifies a specific project and a specific dollar amount dedicated to that project and work from there.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Baseball needs a new commercial-size washer...Sisemore is too dumb (or lazy) to fix the one that is there and JO won't give Sim the money to buy a new one.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread