+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Cash Drive

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Re: New Cash Drive

Perhaps we should send DR a letter telling him that we are going to raise and donate money and expect it to be carried out. I doubt JO would sign any kind of agreement about spending money in one particular way. What about making it public on this board and any and all replies are to be posted? If we just let them know we are going to attempt and raise money and with their promise, we will donate the money.

What happens if we jsut raise the money, buy the equipment and donate it instead of money? Would they allow our people on campus to install?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg
    Prices for Laundry Equip:

Maytag commercial 60# washer $6,288 + $325 delivered and set up
    Maytag commercial 75# gas dryer $2,868 + $125 delivered and set up

I priced some Ice machines before Christmas this past year and a 170# per day model was running in the neighborhood of $2,700

I got the prices on the laundry equip today while talking with my laundry equip dealer. He will be on the lookout for some used equip that is worth refurbishing. If you happen to know any alum that is in the laundry business, see how often he trades out euipment and we may could get something from him and have it refurbished.

Should you decide to buy new equip, it is going to cost $9-10,000 no matter what brand you choose.

i stand corrected.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAY

i stand corrected.

I wasn't trying to correct you, just adding information.

Home owner models of laundry equip just will not hold up to the kind of punishment an athletic team will put them through.:icon_roll :icon_roll

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We've got to keep everything in perspective -

The first project we did was something like $500 -

Five year's later we are tackling $5,000 projects -

The ability to get from $5,000 to say say $15,000 is going to be ALOT harder -

Got to pick and chose the projects that we KNOW we can help get done -

Now by 2010 - IF things with this board go the direction we are trying to take it in - then $20,000 projects could be very feasible -

Right now we can't do a $100,000+ project - but we might could do a $40,000 project over two years -

The most pressing issues that I see that fall under the $50,000 range are these -

1) Dressing room for softball, women's soccer and tennis - with functionabilty for concession stand and public restroom for softball....

2) New scoreboard for baseball - good FUNCTIONAL, multi-facted - that will last 15 to 20 years with MINIMUM upkeep (no need spending $80,000+ on a board that we can't hire and train student's to operate or pay the needed maintenance on)....

2)
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

A Jump from $5000 to $10,000 is a big jump.

I like to set my sights high, But

At this point you would be looking to the same donors that you looked to last week.

If this team makes it past the regionals, they may need some financial help. I feel confident that no one above Sim made financial plans for that!

On a different note, at one time the board took loyalty donations for it's operation, Is that still being done?

You guys do some great work keeping the board up, It is probably one of the best I have seen.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I have worked in fundraising for 3 years. People tend to give what they are asked.

If we go with another project, I can get some more people to place money in the kitty and I can go higher.

Maybe we can only get half the money, but we will not know unless we try. If we fall short, then have a back up plan for the donations.

We can probably pull 100 people to give $100.

We need to get some estimates and make some decisions.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72
    I have worked in fundraising for 3 years. People tend to give what they are asked.

If we go with another project, I can get some more people to place money in the kitty and I can go higher.

Maybe we can only get half the money, but we will not know unless we try. If we fall short, then have a back up plan for the donations.

We can probably pull 100 people to give $100.

We need to get some estimates and make some decisions.

I belive the fact that it was stated that we needed 100 people to give $50 was a key factor in making the last fundraiser work. We can raise the amount and get more, but we can't go too high or people will shy away. We need to advertise in likely places where Tech people see it that we were successful with the last drive. That brings more people to the site so that we can ask for perhaps 200 people to give $50. That way we don't scare away the smaller givers but still increase the amount collected for these causes. I think we can get more people to give smaller sums and get more toward Tech than asking for larger amounts. Some will give larger amounts anyway.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Everybody on this board knows 5 Tech people they could call and ask to help with a project. You get only 2 of those five to give and you've already tripled your money. This isn't rocket science. Expand your base and LET THEM KNOW WHERE THEIR MONEY IS GOING! It WILL work. I think a $100,000 is doable over a couple of years. I may be too optimistic, but you never know till you give it a go!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

2) New scoreboard for baseball - good FUNCTIONAL, multi-facted - that will last 15 to 20 years with MINIMUM upkeep (no need spending $80,000+ on a board that we can't hire and train student's to operate or pay the needed maintenance on)....

2)

i know we have been hearing this from tech for a while now, but wouldnt a new scoreboard fall under a deal that tech needs to make with daktronics? along with a new jumbotron, they provide new scoreboards and video boards for the tac, as well as new scoreboards for baseball and softball? tech could get a better deal if they got them all at the same time.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

i know we have been hearing this from tech for a while now, but wouldnt a new scoreboard fall under a deal that tech needs to make with daktronics? along with a new jumbotron, they provide new scoreboards and video boards for the tac, as well as new scoreboards for baseball and softball? tech could get a better deal if they got them all at the same time.
    Probably would be the wisest way to do the whole campus -

But you know how we do business -

I keep hearing RUMORS of JO SERIOUSLY considering a portable jumbotron that would be used in both bsketball and football -

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

And we have a winner!!! Couple that with some corporate sponsors and you don't have to ask for a dime from the alumni!! Then you can address the other facility issues with donated money!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I keep hearing RUMORS of JO SERIOUSLY considering a portable jumbotron that would be used in both bsketball and football -

Are you serious? A portable jumbotron? What is that?
    A sixty inch TV wheeled out to the north endzone on a dolly?
    Portability will come at a price. Size and quality.

Next thing you'll say is they found a corporate sponsor. "This Portable Jumbotron is brought to you by... Rent-A-Center!" "Only 200 more payments and it's ours!"

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    I have to agree with Martie. The track and field should be first based on need and performance. The tennis courts speak for themselves. If JO is smart, he will ride this new wave of enthusiasm and support for baseball and get them a new scoreboard.
    Then we can address Joe Aillet and TAC. Bundle everything that needs to be done at Joe Aillet (lights, field turf, etc) then address the TAC (floor, power wash, etc.).
    Could bundle the scoreboards together for another project (jumbotron, TAC, even baseball) and work a deal with for example daktronics.
    Ok, enough rambling!!!
    The most visable and ugly coming down Tech drive south bound, is to look over to the right at athletic complex and see that track and bleachers. Then try to look away and turn your head to the left and see the tennis courts. While not a big fan of either, they stick out like a sore thumb and give first impression to any visitors, prospects, conference officials.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Putting a logo on the nets seems to me like it would be a waste. The nets are in a covered building and only used by 30-ish baseball players. If we're doing some tarp as well, THAT would be valueable. Keep in mind that BBB HELPED the Bulldawg Dugout Club. While we were a major player in that, I don't know if we were the only donators. I don't want to give them money in one hand and EXPECT something in the other hand. If they do something like that, it would be EXCELLENT, but I don't think that it should be EXPECTED. Make sense??

Also, I agree with what you said about the amount of money you spent. I had 2 Tech hats and shirts from when I was a student. Now, I have ALL KINDS of Tech things on my car, in my closet, all over the house.
    That is a very accurate statement. There are donations to baseball for equipment and supplies, including this recent effort, that did not go through bbb.

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter
    That is a very accurate statement. There are donations to baseball for equipment and supplies, including this recent effort, that did not go through bbb.
    You are right -

BB&B was just a facilitator...

And the old adage is the best advertising is word of mouth - we are getting some excellent "run" out of this -

+ Reply to Thread