+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the runoff

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

the runoff

i hadn't seen any threads on the runoff between nagin and landrieu...any thoughts?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: the runoff

Nagin sure had a bigger win than I thought he would have. I still believe that Landrieu will win the runoff, though. He should pick up just about every vote that was for any other candidate during the regular election. I could be wrong, but I see a close victory for Landrieu.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Nagin sure had a bigger win than I thought he would have. I still believe that Landrieu will win the runoff, though. He should pick up just about every vote that was for any other candidate during the regular election. I could be wrong, but I see a close victory for Landrieu.
    I agree. Landrieu by the slightest that will lead to more Jesse on TV.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Mitch will court the "Morial" voters, which leads me to want Ray as mayor. I don't like Nagin, but the thought of Mitch seeking Morial's support sickens me. BTW, Mitch is not the sharpest knfe in the drawer...he comes across well but if you notice he reads everything he says...everything.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Landrieu Will win b/c he will get all of the remaining white vote that was spread out. The bad part is they are both losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Mitch will court the "Morial" voters, which leads me to want Ray as mayor. I don't like Nagin, but the thought of Mitch seeking Morial's support sickens me. BTW, Mitch is not the sharpest knfe in the drawer...he comes across well but if you notice he reads everything he says...everything.
    but the plus side of your argument is: at least mitch can read.

he also has decent writers. i listened to a few of his speeches and, like you said, he comes across well...nagin doesn't.

if i had to choose, i'd go for mitch; i already know nagin doesn't know what the hell he's doing...at least with landrieu there is a chance, albeit small, that he might do a decent job.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    Landrieu Will win b/c he will get all of the remaining white vote that was spread out. The bad part is they are both losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, looks like a lose/lose situation for the big easy.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Mitch is a good guy. I have met him and he comes across very personal and warm. He, also, has good ideas. He will be backed by the business community, now that the other guy is gone. He is not a Republican, so if that is your measuring stick, he will fail. However, to a moderate Democrat like myself, he is right on target.

I am sure that he has some shady connections, but in New Orleans, that is a must. Sad, but true........

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    However, to a moderate Democrat like myself,

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I am sure that he has some shady connections, but in New Orleans, that is a must. Sad, but true........

Like how many ways the federal funds get cut before they let the bids. They could have a 20 ft. wall around the entire city if the corrupt politicians would give back their cuts from over the years.

That's pretty much the way it is with all the DEMOCRATS in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg

Like how many ways the federal funds get cut before they let the bids. They could have a 20 ft. wall around the entire city if the corrupt politicians would give back their cuts from over the years.

That's pretty much the way it is with all the DEMOCRATS in this state.
    OH RIGHT! We should all be honest like the Republicans and I am not even talking about those that have been indicted.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'm talking about Louisiana and what a corrupt state it is and is in. Democrats have ALWAYS been in charge here and especially south of I-10.

Good grief man, you guys want folks to vote who might move back here in the next twenty years. That is yo party.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    I'm talking about Louisiana and what a corrupt state it is and is in. Democrats have ALWAYS been in charge here and especially south of I-10.

Good grief man, you guys want folks to vote who might move back here in the next twenty years. That is yo party.
    I don't think anyone denied what a sad shape Louisiana politics are in. Very similar to our National politics, but in a different way. I wouldn't point fingers at any one political party right now.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Very ironic how all the shady Democrats that ran Louisiana and much of the south in the 70's and 80's are now the true Republicans running it now. And of the low 32% approval rating of this President, 31 of it comes from N. Louisiana. Hmmmmmmmm

+ Reply to Thread