+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the runoff

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: the runoff

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    Very ironic how all the shady Democrats that ran Louisiana and much of the south in the 70's and 80's are now the true Republicans running it now. And of the low 32% approval rating of this President, 31 of it comes from N. Louisiana. Hmmmmmmmm
    :rolleyes4
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I know Mitch , and he is a politician. He has no original ideas and is not what NOLA needs. Before the storm, Nagin was doing a good job...Mitch will never do a good job.

BTW, they are both Democrats...I just happen to think the black Democrat is the better choice!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Good point!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I don't think anyone denied what a sad shape Louisiana politics are in. Very similar to our National politics, but in a different way. I wouldn't point fingers at any one political party right now.
    This thread is about Louisiana politics so WHY NOT? Maddawg is 100% correct. And until the southern part of Louisiana gains some IQ points and votes a different direction things will never change. Louisiana and it's voters will still be laughed at on a national scale year after year after year. :bigcry:

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    I'm talking about Louisiana and what a corrupt state it is and is in. Democrats have ALWAYS been in charge here and especially south of I-10.

Good grief man, you guys want folks to vote who might move back here in the next twenty years. That is yo party.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    This thread is about Louisiana politics so WHY NOT? Maddawg is 100% correct. And until the southern part of Louisiana gains some IQ points and votes a different direction things will never change. Louisiana and it's voters will still be laughed at on a national scale year after year after year. :bigcry:
    Why not is because the Republicans cannot throw any stones at anyone. They never had the moral highground, but acted like they did. The house of cards has now come tumbling down.

In other words, being honest has nothing to do with which party you are in - local, state, or National.

I don't think anyone is laughing at Louisiana right now, except for a few hard core Republicans that don't understand our National problems.
    Last edited by champion110; 04-26-2006 at 05:17 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Typical liberal response......

Know you are whipped in a debate and divert to another subject entirely.

Subject 1 - Louisiana politics

Diversion Subject - National politics

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Typical liberal response......

Know you are whipped in a debate and divert to another subject entirely.

Subject 1 - Louisiana politics

Diversion Subject - National politics
    The subject turned to pointing a finger at Democrats. I just stated that Republicans cannot point a finger - Doesn't matter what state you are in.

If you had kept it at Louisiana Politics, I would have agreed with you, but it is NOT just one party even here.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't Mike Foster, Governor for eight of the last 11 years, a Republican?

Point being that yes, much of what is wrong with Louisiana can be blamed on Democrats. There's no escaping responsibility. However, there are two main problems with the "they're idiots, we're geniuses" position. First, the Republicans have had some say in Louisiana state government ever since Buddy Roemer switched parties and, if you are painting this in terms of national political identity, many of the Louisiana "Democrats" in power over the last 30 to 40 years, other than the man at the top, Edwin, were closer to Republican in their ideology. In fact, some are now Republicans -- Tauzin, et al.

The Nagin total is a surprise to me; however, the old rule of thumb is that if an incumbent runs under 40% in a primary, he's toast. We'll see if that works, since the rules are kind of thrown out the window in New Orleans, now.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Foster was no Republican. He changed parties to get unsuspecting folks like myself to vote for him. I'm ashamed to say I did both times. He was so-so in his first term and absolutely HORRIBLE (Vic Stelley) in his second term. All that being said, he wasn't corrupt. Just lazy.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

You might have a point about Foster, but others on this thread had no problem identifying Nagin as a Democrat, even though he, like Foster switched parties to win an election. If we, the Democrats, have to take Foster back, then the GOP has to take back Nagin.

(I hate smilies, but none of you know me and I want to make sure nobody takes that comment too seriously.)

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAAgan
    You might have a point about Foster, but others on this thread had no problem identifying Nagin as a Democrat, even though he, like Foster switched parties to win an election. If we, the Democrats, have to take Foster back, then the GOP has to take back Nagin.

(I hate smilies, but none of you know me and I want to make sure nobody takes that comment too seriously.)
    I shook Mayor Nagin's hand at a Republican fundraiser once. I say mayor Nagin... at the time he was just businessman Nagin. It was before he got elected and lost his mind. Nice guy back then.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    he also has decent writers. i listened to a few of his speeches and, like you said, he comes across well...nagin doesn't.
    What do you mean? I thought the "chocolate city" speech was a CLASSIC!

I have heard a good Nagin speech in the past. He does MUCH better if he sticks to the script. He is from the private side and was known to be a friend of business, before this last year. He REALLY screws up when he lets his emotion take over and gets caught up in the moment. That has happened a LOT lately.

+ Reply to Thread