+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many pro hall of fame players from Tech?

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

How many pro hall of fame players from Tech?

I'm trying to see how many players in a hall of fame in pro football, basketball, and baseball come from Louisiana.

I know Bradshaw and Malone. Who am I missing? (don't know if Malone is in yet, but if he isn't he definitely will be)

Thanks.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: How many pro hall of fame players from Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal
    I'm trying to see how many players in a hall of fame in pro football, basketball, and baseball come from Louisiana.

I know Bradshaw and Malone. Who am I missing? (don't know if Malone is in yet, but if he isn't he definitely will be)

Thanks.
    Leon Barmore-basketball. Not sure if there are more.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grimey
    If I had to guess. Y.A. Tittle, Jim Taylor, bob cousey, maybe Willis Reed.
    Well, Tittle, Taylor, and Steve Van Buren are in from LSU in football. And Pete Marovich and Bob Pettit for basketball. Shaq will be there soon. I don't think we have any in baseball. Some think Albert Belle might make it, but it might be a stretch.

I wasn't aware Cousy was from Louisiana. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Leon Barmore-basketball. Not sure if there are more.
    Thanks.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

as far as north louisiana is concerned....

i dont know if all of these guys are in, karl will be soon:

willis reed - bernice, grambling
    karl malone - summerfield, tech
    elvin hayes - rayville, houston
    bill russell - born in monroe, san fransisco - http://www.nba.com/history/players/russell_bio.html
    robert parish - shreveport, centenary
    joe dumars - natchitoches, mcneese

there is something in the water in north louisiana. even ole scottie pippen is from hamburg, ar, just 30 minutes north of bastrop.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    as far as north louisiana is concerned....

i dont know if all of these guys are in, karl will be soon:

willis reed - bernice, grambling
    karl malone - summerfield, tech
    elvin hayes - rayville, houston
    bill russell - born in monroe, san fransisco - http://www.nba.com/history/players/russell_bio.html
    robert parish - shreveport, centenary
    joe dumars - natchitoches, mcneese

there is something in the water in north louisiana. even ole scottie pippen is from hamburg, ar, just 30 minutes north of bastrop.
    When these ass munches from Memphis talk about it being the basketball capital, all I have to do is mention those names you listed... Argument is over pretty quickly!!!

I'm shocked that there is nobody in the MLB HoF that played college ball in Louisiana. That just can't be right.

I do see that there are three MLB HoF'ers in the hall of fame. But none of them played college ball here.

Bill Dickey
    Ted Lyons
    Mel Ott

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ho.../Louisiana.htm

Found several more.

Willie Brown, Junious Buckham, Willie Davis, Charles Joiner...all from Grambling

Mel Blount from Southern

Jackie Smith from Northwestern.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Vida Blue not in the HOF?? Mansfield La

What about James Rodney Richard, Ruston, Lincoln High??... NOPE, just read up on him on Google!! What a tragic ending to a potential HOF career!!!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

This is probably before the Big Bengal's time but here's a former LSU player who could have been elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame as a player and/or manager - Alvin Dark.

In 1969 fans chose Alvin Dark as the top shortstop in Giants' history. He won the 1948 Rookie of the Year award, hit .300 four times, led the NL in doubles once, led league shortstops three times each in putouts and double plays, and hit 20 or more home runs and scored over 100 runs twice each. Dark's single in the ninth inning of the third 1951 NL playoff game started the rally that culminated in Bobby Thompson's famous pennant-winning homer. As a manager, Dark won the 1962 NL pennant for San Francisco and the 1974 World Championship with Oakland. While leading San Francisco, he once tore off a finger at the joint throwing a metal chair after a loss. After finding religion, his calmer personality enabled him to work two tours for A's owner Charlie Finley.

I remember Alvin Dark slightly as a player but moreso as a manager. I followed his later playing career and managerial career because my older sister knew him while they were students at LSU.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

What are the odds that Willie makes the pro football HOF ?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes
    What are the odd that Willie makes the pro football HOF ?
    He is from Arkansas....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    Vida Blue not in the HOF?? Mansfield La

What about James Rodney Richard, Ruston, Lincoln High??... NOPE, just read up on him on Google!! What a tragic ending to a potential HOF career!!!
    Lee Arthur Smith should be in the HoF....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes
    What are the odds that Willie makes the pro football HOF ?
    Very good. The oline is getting more appreciated as the years go on. and with Willie making a thousand straight pro bowls. I think it is pretty much a done deal.
    As far as the MLB Hall of Fame, you would think that some of the LSU guys would be showing potential, but most of the LSU stars from early nineties have had mediocre MLB careers, outside of Belle (I dont think he had the career to make it though). Walker (decent career), Johnson, Byrd (decent), McDonald, Larson, Morris etc. never have made or made a big splash in the MLB to my surprise. Anyway, Andy Petitte has a good shot if he can stay healthy. He is from BR or NO, but I dont think he went to college. If he pitches for 8 more years, he should be close to 300 wins, and with his playoff wins, he should be able to get in with less than that.

+ Reply to Thread