+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

I'm amazed none have been killed or hospitalized... But hey, it may be absolutely abhorrent, but they have the right to say and do it. May they RIH though.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

The Freedom Rider bike guys will be there in Saturday at FBC Minden. I will be there, along with 168 other confirmed Facebook guests.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Since we've got folks from all parts of Louisiana here along with quite a few lawyers, maybe I can get some learned opinion on this topic.

The WPSO and the MPD are apparently going to rely on the Louisiana Statute for Disturbing the Peace -- specifically a section written to cover the issue of funerals.

LRS 14:103

. . .

(7) Intentionally engaging in any act or any utterance, gesture, or display designed to disrupt a funeral, funeral home viewing, funeral procession, wake, memorial service, or burial of a deceased person.
    (8) Intentionally blocking, impeding, inhibiting, or in any other manner obstructing or interfering with access into or from any building or parking lot of a building in which a funeral, wake, memorial service, or burial is being conducted, or any burial plot or the parking lot of the cemetery in which a funeral, wake, memorial service, or burial is being conducted.

. . .

Here are my questions. Is this provision unique to Louisiana law or is it pretty much boiler plate for all jurisdictions. If it is standard langauge why has it not been invoked at other places where Westboro had appeared?

My follow-up question is this. Do any of you recall Westboro ever protesting in Louisiana? A friend from Baton Rouge remembered them announcing an appearance somewhere near Baton Rouge, but then failing to show up for the protest. I wondered if perhaps their non-appearance was because of this part of Louisiana law. We in Minden are really hoping they don't show so I wondered what the legal experts on here might know.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Other places they have protested have similar laws or passed shortly before or after their appearance. However, Westboro challenged them in court, and won. Pretty much, for now, anything the MPD & MPSO do to impede them (as long as they are on public property) would be a violation of their rights.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Other places they have protested have similar laws or passed shortly before or after their appearance. However, Westboro challenged them in court, and won. Pretty much, for now, anything the MPD & MPSO do to impede them (as long as they are on public property) would be a violation of their rights.
    I'm willing to bet that no one will be able to disrupt the funeral of a fallen soldier in Webster Parish, Louisiana. The MPD and the Webster Parish Sheriffs Office will do whatever has to be done to ensure that these pigs do not get anywhere near this soldier's funeral. They may have to work through the Freedom Riders or something, but they'll see to it that this funeral is not disrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I'm willing to bet that no one will be able to disrupt the funeral of a fallen soldier in Webster Parish, Louisiana. The MPD and the Webster Parish Sheriffs Office will do whatever has to be done to ensure that these pigs do not get anywhere near this soldier's funeral. They may have to work through the Freedom Riders or something, but they'll see to it that this funeral is not disrupted.
    Hopefully. But I hope someone has at least informed them that there is a very tight line they'll be walking on because of Westboro's BS an that WILL be cameras watching.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    The Freedom Rider bike guys will be there in Saturday at FBC Minden. I will be there, along with 168 other confirmed Facebook guests.
    Give em hell PJ. I'll be driving through Minden Friday so please do your best to make sure they don't show up until after I leave. I'm really looking forward to having some Buena Comida on my way out.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Give em hell PJ. I'll be driving through Minden Friday so please do your best to make sure they don't show up until after I leave. I'm really looking forward to having some Buena Comida on my way out.
    That's our baseball pregame meal spot.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAAgan View Post
    A friend from Baton Rouge remembered them announcing an appearance somewhere near Baton Rouge, but then failing to show up for the protest. I wondered if perhaps their non-appearance was because of this part of Louisiana law.
    They supposedly were going to protest a high school play at Dutchtown entitled "The Laramie Project." The play is about the murder of a gay student at the University of Wyoming. The Westboro clan did not show up. Numerous gay rights activists from New Orleans were there just in case though.

+ Reply to Thread