View Poll Results: Do you think Bush is doing a great job as President?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he is the best President since Reagan.

7 14.00%
  • Yes, he is doing the best job that he can

13 26.00%
  • No, he is doing a VERY poor job

16 32.00%
  • He is doing OK, but there are some things that he has really screwed up.

14 28.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Poll

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Bush Poll

Since the National Polls show Bush's numbers WAY down, I thought it would be good to see how many of you still think he is a great President. It will either show what the National polls show OR how out of touch some of you are.

I have not posted a poll before, so I might not do this right. Here goes.....

Do you think Bush is doing a great job as President?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Bush Poll

While Bush does have low numbers, they are WAY higher than the approval rating of congress.

So, I chose not to vote, but I'll say this. I think Bush made the RIGHT decision in Iraq. I think the execution left a LOT to be desired. I also think he's working with the most partisan and lazy congress to date. Is he failing to accomplish many of the things I elected him for...yes. Can it ALL be pinned on him? Not exactly. His second term has really turned me off when it comes to politics. Not just him...the whole system. It's all BS and it's aggrivating.

In conclusion...would I vote any differently in the last Presidential election if given the chance? No.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Since the National Polls show Bush's numbers WAY down, I thought it would be good to see how many of you still think he is a great President. It will either show what the National polls show OR how out of touch some of you are.

I have not posted a poll before, so I might not do this right. Here goes.....

Do you think Bush is doing a great job as President?
    Being a staunch republican I hate to say it but I think Bush stinks.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i think a lot of his decisions (in and of themselves) have been the right ones. however, the methods by which he has carried out those decisions has been poor. i also think he has chosen some very poor cabinet members who have executed plans poorly (chertoff, rumsfeld) and should have been fired but who he sticks by. that really bothers me.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    i think a lot of his decisions (in and of themselves) have been the right ones. however, the methods by which he has carried out those decisions has been poor. i also think he has chosen some very poor cabinet members who have executed plans poorly (chertoff, rumsfeld) and should have been fired but who he sticks by. that really bothers me.
    Yep, inflexibility is definitely one of his downfalls. And I agree with you about his cabinet choices.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Yep, inflexibility is definitely one of his downfalls. And I agree with you about his cabinet choices.
    Sadly, he sees it as loyalty...it could likely be what taints his legacy. It's kind of sad.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Sadly, he sees it as loyalty...it could likely be what taints his legacy. It's kind of sad.
    i agree, rummy and chertoff are definitely taints.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    While Bush does have low numbers, they are WAY higher than the approval rating of congress.

So, I chose not to vote, but I'll say this. I think Bush made the RIGHT decision in Iraq. I think the execution left a LOT to be desired. I also think he's working with the most partisan and lazy congress to date. Is he failing to accomplish many of the things I elected him for...yes. Can it ALL be pinned on him? Not exactly. His second term has really turned me off when it comes to politics. Not just him...the whole system. It's all BS and it's aggrivating.

In conclusion...would I vote any differently in the last Presidential election if given the chance? No.

If Bush is telling the truth about what his intelligence was telling him then I think invading Iraq was justified. But as you said the execution was bad and i don't think he had a clear long term plan. In hindsight our armed forces and money would have been better utilized fighting the true terrorist threat which is Al Quida.

My rating of him has alot to do with the fact that I just expected so much more than I've gotten. Would I have voted differently knowing what I know now? Absolutely not, Al Gore is a moron and a liar and would have been a major disaster as president.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

The one thing that I truly believe about President George W. Bush is that we all knew exactly what we were getting when we elected him. He has not made a single decision that suprised me, and I'm guessing not any of you liberals. I feel that I was right in voting for him. I am ready for new leadership, but he was the right man for the job when he was elected in 2000. In a perfect world, I would have liked to elect a "fresher" Republican in 2004, but there's no doubt in my mind that President Bush was the only valid option we were afforded. He made decisions that needed to be made that John Kerry would not have had the political balls to do. Being a good President doesn't have a damn thing to do with being popular.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    The one thing that I truly believe about President George W. Bush is that we all knew exactly what we were getting when we elected him. He has not made a single decision that suprised me, and I'm guessing not any of you liberals. I feel that I was right in voting for him. I am ready for new leadership, but he was the right man for the job when he was elected in 2000. In a perfect world, I would have liked to elect a "fresher" Republican in 2004, but there's no doubt in my mind that President Bush was the only valid option we were afforded. He made decisions that needed to be made that John Kerry would not have had the political balls to do. Being a good President doesn't have a damn thing to do with being popular.
    Whether you want to label everyone Republican or Liberal is up to you. But why must we vote purely along party lines. If we didn't have a "fresher" republican but we had a very good candidate that was something other than Republican, I think you should vote for him/her. Voting soley on party lines is a sad way of voting. I personally abstained in the last election, because I thought we had two idiots running for President. I really liked a quote I hard Jay Leno (the great political leader) say around the election in 2004, "If God wanted us to have an election he would give us two candidates."

As far as Bush goes, Rolling Stone (you might label them as liberal) had a very interesting article this month about the debate of whether Bush is "The Worst President in History?". Click here for the article

JFord

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

I'm disappointed in all our elected politicians, both republican and democrat. I don't agree with the republicans pitiful $100.00 rebate for gas, boy that's a real kick in the wallet book isn't it.

Bush has made some good decisions but his second term has degenerated into the same mess as Reagan and Clinton's. I don't know what the deal is with 2nd terms but they go to hell in a hurry it seems like.

Bush blew it with the speech on oil prices and big oil. What he should have said is that for the past 30 years there's been no leadership in Washington concerning a vision for energy policy and developing alternate energy sources. He should have said the same politicians who are leading critics of him on this issue are the very ones that have prohibited drilling for oil in ANWAR and most every place there is oil. Instead we have to drill in the gulf of mexico where we're the most vulnerable to hurricanes. He's on the right tract with the talk of alternate enery sources. The governement needs to tell big oil they can be a part of it or be left behind.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

JFord (and anyone else who is interested), I certainly do not know what your political leanings are but check out the Constitution Party:

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

As their name implies, they are beholden to the Constitution, not power brokers with money, lobbyists, or special interest groups. Obviously I think they are pretty much on track or else I would not vote for them. But look at their positions and decide for yourself.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    Whether you want to label everyone Republican or Liberal is up to you. But why must we vote purely along party lines. If we didn't have a "fresher" republican but we had a very good candidate that was something other than Republican, I think you should vote for him/her. Voting soley on party lines is a sad way of voting. I personally abstained in the last election, because I thought we had two idiots running for President. I really liked a quote I hard Jay Leno (the great political leader) say around the election in 2004, "If God wanted us to have an election he would give us two candidates."
    I have never checked a box because the letter R was next to it.

I vote pro-life. I vote pro-family as I see it. I vote small government. I vote personal responsibility as I see it. I vote low taxes. I vote for people with strong morals as I see it. I vote for strength and willpower to fight for my freedom. I vote for personl ownership. I vote for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

The fact that the Democratic party has not given me someone to vote for is a flaw in their party, not my character.

Not voting is the worst option. No voting is not caring. Send a message to the major parties and vote 3rd party or write in. I don't see how you in good conscience can criticize how someone votes when you didn't cast a vote yourself.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    I'm disappointed in all our elected politicians, both republican and democrat. I don't agree with the republicans pitiful $100.00 rebate for gas, boy that's a real kick in the wallet book isn't it.

Bush has made some good decisions but his second term has degenerated into the same mess as Reagan and Clinton's. I don't know what the deal is with 2nd terms but they go to hell in a hurry it seems like.

Bush blew it with the speech on oil prices and big oil. What he should have said is that for the past 30 years there's been no leadership in Washington concerning a vision for energy policy and developing alternate energy sources. He should have said the same politicians who are leading critics of him on this issue are the very ones that have prohibited drilling for oil in ANWAR and most every place there is oil. Instead we have to drill in the gulf of mexico where we're the most vulnerable to hurricanes. He's on the right tract with the talk of alternate enery sources. The governement needs to tell big oil they can be a part of it or be left behind.
    This is just my opinion, but if they can produce a real viable alternate fuel source, then I think our problems in the middle east will disappear and we could then get the hell out of there. (with the exception of our booty buddy policy with israel) We would then treat the Middle East like we tend to do with Africa now a days,... some, but not a ton of interest.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Here is a good video on the war: Flash Video Titled WWJD

JFord

+ Reply to Thread