+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Illegal Alien Anthem

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Re: The Illegal Alien Anthem

Pilgrim's Pride can be counted into that number who hires illegals.

Yesterday while riding my bike, I came across a wallet on the side of the road. Inside was some sort of electronic time card (probably Pilgrim's) a Mexican money transfer card, some other type of key card, and seventy dollars cash. When I got home, I looked for his name in the phone book. No listing. I thought about taking it to the sheriff's office, but with no ID nor a green card in the wallet, I highly doubt the guy was legal and the wallet would never be claimed. I think I may be $70 richer today.
    Last edited by Dawgbitten; 05-01-2006 at 03:07 PM.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Dont forget Wells Fargo. They dont employ illegals as much, but they set them up with bank accounts and help them make it from day to day. It actually isnt illegal, so I am not to hard on it. It is pretty Bush League of them, though. It should be illegal to provide illegals with financial services or any service for that matter.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Pilgrim's Pride can be counted into that number who hires illegals.

Yesterday while riding my bike, I came across a wallet on the side of the road. Inside was some sort of electronic time card (probably Pilgrim's) a Mexican money transfer card, some other type of key card, and seventy dollars cash. When I got home, I looked for his name in the phone book. No listing. I thought about taking it to the sheriff's office, but with no ID nor a green card in the wallet, I highly doubt the guy was legal and the wallet would never be claimed. I think I may be $70 richer today.
    its funny, a few years ago a co'worker received a drivers lisense in the mail, it was the right address and all but the pic was of a mexican guy :icon_wink

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

No entiendo por qué tanto de usted tiene miedo de personas que hablan español. Quieren aprender inglés, pero generalmente sus primeros trabajos no son conducentes a aprender inglés. Sin embargo, como ellos y sus niños avanzan en sus trabajos, su inglés se mejora.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 05-05-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Yo no entiendo por qué tanto de usted tiene miedo de personas que hablan español. Ellos quieren aprender inglés, pero generalmente sus primeros trabajos no son conducentes a aprender inglés. Sin embargo, como ellos y sus niños avanzan en sus trabajos, su inglés se mejora.
    good point.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Sooner, Please understand that they do NOT need to learn English. Once a Mexican population has been established such as the one here in MtP, they have no need to learn English.

10 years ago, the Mexicans started coming. The original ones did have to learn, but once more started coming, businesses started hiring bi-lingual employees, stores started coming in that were totally Spainish, Spanish radio stations (outnumber the English ones now), and the latest edition is now a Spanish newspaper that is included with our daily English newspaper.

Herein lies my problem. They come, their children are born or they are very young school aged when they arrive from Mexico. They are never taught English until they enter Kindergarten, first, second grade, whatever. The number of these students has become so overwhelming they are having to be mainstreamed into the normal classes. The teachers are having to struggle teaching these students while mine and other English speaking children are falling further behind while the Mexicans drag down the education system. And Yes, I am trying to get the hell out of here. Know of any jobs?
    Last edited by Dawgbitten; 05-05-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I read an article in the WSJ that disputes what you are saying. The article was discussing southern California. True, many first generation immigrants are having difficulty learning English. But, their children are not. They are not only learning English, but they are getting into the best colleges and are taking our children's spots in graduate schools.

Quite simply, they are outworking us. I'm not afraid of that. In fact, I have made my children read the article and have explained to them that they are not competing against just their lazy, spoiled schoolmates for spots in colleges and for professional jobs. They are competing against immigrants who have fire in their eyes.

I have also been teaching them that when they graduate from college, they are not ENTITLED to a job. They need to be ready to work entry level for peanuts and learn from the ground up. To use the words of Javert out of context, "Honest work, just reward, that's the way to please the Lord."

With all of that said, stop illegal immigration, and stop it now. Get more reasonable in allowing workers in, and then enforce the laws. Just don't do it retroactively.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

5. Illegal Alien
    (Banks/Collins/Rutherford) Got out of bed, wasn't feeling too good
    With my wallet and my passport, a new pair of shoes
    The sun is shining so I head for the park,
    With a bottle of Tequila, and a new pack of cigarettes

I got a cousin and she got a friend,
    Who thought that her aunt knew a man who could help
    At his apartment I knocked on the door,
    He wouldn't come out until he got paid.

Now don't tell anybody what I wanna do
    If they find out you know that they'll never let me through, cos
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, no
    It's no fun being an illegal alien

Down at the office had to fill out the forms
    A pink one, a red one, the colours you choose,
    Up to the counter to see what they think
    They said "it doesn't count man, it ain't written in ink".

I don't trust anybody, least not around here, cos
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, I tell ya
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, no no no no no
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, I mean it when I tell ya that
    It's no fun being an illegal alien,
    An illegal alien, O.K.

Consideration for your fellow man
    Would not hurt anybody, it sure fits in with my plan
    Over the border, there lies the promised land
    Where everything comes easy, you just hold out your hand

Keep your suspicions, I've seen that look before
    But I ain't done nothing wrong now, is that such a suprise
    But I've got a sister who'd be willing to oblige
    She will do anything now to help me get to the outside

So don't tell anybody what I wanna do
    If they find out you know that they'll never let me through, because
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, and it's getting me down
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, no no no no no
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, yeah yeah yeah

It's no fun (not much fun) being an illegal alien, I tell ya that
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, no no no
    It's no fun (not bloody much fun) being an illegal alien,
    It's no fun being an illegal alien, and that's what I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    I read an article in the WSJ that disputes what you are saying. The article was discussing southern California. True, many first generation immigrants are having difficulty learning English. But, their children are not. They are not only learning English, but they are getting into the best colleges and are taking our children's spots in graduate schools.

Quite simply, they are outworking us. I'm not afraid of that. In fact, I have made my children read the article and have explained to them that they are not competing against just their lazy, spoiled schoolmates for spots in colleges and for professional jobs. They are competing against immigrants who have fire in their eyes.

I have also been teaching them that when they graduate from college, they are not ENTITLED to a job. They need to be ready to work entry level for peanuts and learn from the ground up. To use the words of Javert out of context, "Honest work, just reward, that's the way to please the Lord."

With all of that said, stop illegal immigration, and stop it now. Get more reasonable in allowing workers in, and then enforce the laws. Just don't do it retroactively.
    I can't totally disagree with that. However, the trouble I am having is the part about those children who aren't having trouble learning English. They are learning it on my children's dime and time. The only benefit mine are garnering is they are picking up some Spanish along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I can't totally disagree with that. However, the trouble I am having is the part about those children who aren't having trouble learning English. They are learning it on my children's dime and time. The only benefit mine are garnering is they are picking up some Spanish along the way.
    I can't totally disagree with that either. They should be paying taxes to put their children through school. On the other hand, we have a permanent welfare class that takes money from us everyday and never become tax payers. At least these hispanic children will pay taxes some day. That is an eventual benefit to us.

While we are agreeing. You know what is going to be funny? When these immigrants become full fledged citizens, they will be griping about the people crossing the border illegally then. As much as we give lip service to it, nobody really likes competition, especially from hungry competition.

+ Reply to Thread