+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Saints Dratf...

Puppy Phantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around here Phantom Red Dotter's Avatar

New Orleans Saints Dratf...

With the Number two selection in the 2006 NFL college draft the New Orgleans Saints select....

Reggie Bush

Puppy Phantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around here Phantom Red Dotter's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Saints Dratf...

Not my idea of the best move, but let hope I'm just partial to everyone but USC and Reggie does turn out to be as good as all of the hype.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think this is a good idea. No doubt Bush is talented, and he's an impact player. Hopefully, he can make a difference this season. If not, then he still has enormous potential. No need to overthink this pick.

The Saints next pick is still a long way off, but this could really work out in their favor. When their next pick comes up, there is still a possibility they can get Winston Justice from USC. He is the second best left tackle in the draft, behind D'Brick. Hawk is already off the board, but we need to strenghten the defense.

I say good pick by the Saints. If they can get a solid second-rounder, then they might end up like the Chargers when they got Ladanian Tomlinson in the first round and Drew Brees in the second. Take Reggie and still address the need at LT.

I concure. I do not want to become USC pro, but Justice is an amazing player! I'm really enjoying the fact that Lienart is still on the clock in round 8.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Oh well. I think they could have done better, but it's hard to say they did wrong.

I can't believe SF went with a TE instead of Matt Lienart. Shows how much they have slid in recent years.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

its the right thing. This gives the franchise a FACE. A reason for the rest of the country to pay attention to whats going on in NO.

I agree with JL in his posts....what we pay reggie we will definitely make back in tickets and merchandise.

Also, i like Hawk and D'brick as much as the next guy, especially Hawk. The fact is that neither one will generate the kind of excitement that Bush will.

I just dont think that we can pass on that kind of impact player, especially not for another OL that will get really good and want a lot of money in four years when his contract runs out and Benson doesnt want to invest that much money in an OL (ala Lecharles Bentley).

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    I can't believe SF went with a TE instead of Matt Lienart. Shows how much they have slid in recent years.
    I think they MIGHT have passed on Leinart bc they picked and payed alex smith last year as the #1 overall pick. Just a thought.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, Bush will excite the fans and keep the media watching.

As of yesterday, Brees was the new face of the franchise. No?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

SF made a great pickup of Vernon Davis. I was high on this kid and I hoped the Saints would have traded down for him. We will see soon if Chad Greenway would actually be there at 22 if the Saints could have worked the deal for both SF draft picks. But assuming they could not get the trade they wanted Reggie Bush is the right choice. They are already loaded at runningback but Reggie gives the best value for the 2 spot.

Someone please tell me how Hawk could have gone top 10 last year? When Kiper said that I almost fell out of my chair. Hawk is no DJ or Merriman who went 12 and 15 I believe.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlamb
    I think they MIGHT have passed on Leinart bc they picked and payed alex smith last year as the #1 overall pick. Just a thought.
    yeah...all this talk about Leinart being the #1 over-all if he'd come out last year is BS. There are obviously flaws with his game and it showed up today. The 49ers already have a 50 million dollar QB, they don't need another one.

I think Arizona was the perfect place for Leinart. With Boldin and Larry Fitz, he could be very productive early. The Broncos came up and got my #1 QB. It's been an interesting draft so far. I'm very pleased with what the Saints have done. Here's some props to the Jets for drafting the right guy. Here's to hoping patrick Ramsey can win the starting job and restore them to prominance.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 04-29-2006 at 03:30 PM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    yeah...all this talk about Leinart being the #1 over-all if he'd come out last year is BS. There are obviously flaws with his game and it showed up today. The 49ers already have a 50 million dollar QB, they don't need another one.

I think Arizona was the perfect place for Leinart. With Boldin and Larry Fitz, he could be very productiver early. The Broncos came up and got my #1 QB. It's been an interesting draft so far. I'm very pleased with what the Saints have done. Here's some props to the Jets for drafting the right guy. Here's to hoping patrick Ramsey can win the starting job and restore them to prominance.
    Leinart would have been the number 1 overall last year. Period. It does not matter if he has flaws in his game. Alex Smith has flaws and he still went 1 overall.

How did his flaws show up today? He didn't have to throw any passes today. Are you saying because he dropped to 10 we saw flaws? Leinart could have easily gone 3 this year. You need to word that sentence better. I agree that he has a weaker arm and that is a reason he dropped to 10 but another reason is because only 1 other team before that was drafting a QB.

What is up with Winston Justice? All of the USC guys even? Reggie Bush falls from 1 to 2. Leinart falls from 3 to 10. Justice has fallen from 10 to (whenever someone drafts him). Talk about a late first round steal.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Red Dotter
    Not my idea of the best move, but let hope I'm just partial to everyone but USC and Reggie does turn out to be as good as all of the hype.
    USC may very well be my favorite after TECH. I must say I enjoyed the National Championship they shared.

Yes Juice, we are looking for Justice to fall to the Saints as the second pick in the second round. As for Lienart, he was #1 last year. I guess he shot himself in both feet as far as money goes. However, If I were a QB that could go to any team that I wanted to go to, Arizona would be the #1 franchise on my list.

+ Reply to Thread