+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Saints Dratf...

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Saints Dratf...

Quote Originally Posted by jlamb
    I think they MIGHT have passed on Leinart bc they picked and payed alex smith last year as the #1 overall pick. Just a thought.
    Yeah. Hows that workin out for them? They have NO solid player at QB between him and Dorsey. I just don't see much sense in picking a great TE. They have a pretty damn good TE already in Eric Johnson. Their biggest need was in LB/DE, but their biggest value could have been in QB.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    Yeah. Hows that workin out for them?
    Good Lord, what did you expect? You can't go from the bottom of the barrell to the king of the Hill on the arm of a rookie QB.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Now, back to the draft...what's up with Roman Harper? Winston was still on the board and I believe the cat from Auburn was as well. Do we plan on playing Wayne Gandy until he's 90?
    That threw me off. I was expecting Justice who would have been a steal early second round. I would have prefered Marcus McNeill because I really like that guy.

49ers really took advantage of their 2 first round picks. If they offered that for Bush and we turned it down I think we will be kicking ourselves. Manny Lawson should make a nice transition to linebacker and Vernon Davis is just a freak. Kind of the Reggie Bush of the underappreciated positions. Had they been able to work something like that the Saints go OT in round 2.

BTW Eric Winston is still on the board.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    That threw me off. I was expecting Justice who would have been a steal early second round. I would have prefered Marcus McNeill because I really like that guy.

49ers really took advantage of their 2 first round picks. If they offered that for Bush and we turned it down I think we will be kicking ourselves. Manny Lawson should make a nice transition to linebacker and Vernon Davis is just a freak. Kind of the Reggie Bush of the underappreciated positions. Had they been able to work something like that the Saints go OT in round 2.

BTW Eric Winston is still on the board.
    Yeah man, Manny Lawson's numbers were just as good as Mario Williams and Lawson is faster. I think the 49ers are cleaning up. I think the Jets are having a great draft too. The titans got a steal with White IMO.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Yeah. Hows that workin out for them? They have NO solid player at QB between him and Dorsey. I just don't see much sense in picking a great TE. They have a pretty damn good TE already in Eric Johnson. Their biggest need was in LB/DE, but their biggest value could have been in QB.
    Manny Lawson can play and will be a good LB. Vernon Davis IMO will be one of the best players in the draft. Really reminds me of how boxer explains Dennis Morris. Davis will be an elite player for years and will help win a few more games for SF.

And Smith can still play. He is a legit 1st rounder.

Yeah man, Manny Lawson's numbers were just as good as Mario Williams and Lawson is faster. I think the 49ers are cleaning up. I think the Jets are having a great draft too. The titans got a steal with White IMO.
    Oh I love the 49ers draft and the Jets. Clemens was a great pickup. They need to focus on defense now though. I really don't see how some of these guys fell this far. White is a steal and will help Titans right away.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

This year he was closely evaluated and was passed on by two teams who needed QB's (Titans, Jets...you could throw the Saints in there, but I won't).
    like i said before, the titans were torn on the leinart/young debate. the coaches (fisher and chow) were in love with leinart. the gm and owner wanted young. advantage upper management. the jets had already decided they weren't going to pick a qb at #4 because they didn't want to pay that much. that's why they went and traded for ramsey and kept pennington. i think they reached for clemons in the second round, though. they could have probably gotten better value in the third or fourth rounds for a qb.

it's funny with qb's -- they are always either overvalued or undervalued. not every team is in the market for a qb every year. we saw the same thing two years ago when big ben, who was rated pretty highly, slipped to 12th or 13th with the steelers. same with leinart this year. he slipped to 10th, but then cutler was taken by the broncos, who in my opinion reached to get him for some odd reason.

in the end, i think leinart was the best qb coming into the draft. he'll have a solid career in arizona and will be better than both young and cutler. he'll also be much better than alex smith, who was nothing more than a product of urban meyer's system.

theprofessor

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    like i said before, the titans were torn on the leinart/young debate. the coaches (fisher and chow) were in love with leinart. the gm and owner wanted young. advantage upper management.

I read somewhere online (ESPN or SI) that one reason Adams really wanted Young so that he could gig Houston twice a year with him and rub it in their faces. If true, just another reason I dislike him so much. Gut feeling is that Young will either be very, very good or very, very bad. Just do not see him being a middle of the road QB.

Dang...aight brett...how about a gentleman's bet? Cutler will go to more pro-bowls than Leinart and Young combined....oooooh. Nevermind. A non-gentlemans bet that Culter will go to more pro-bowls than Leinart. Loser gives undisclosed amount to champs. :icon_wink

Watch-out on calling smith out just yet. They are building around him and I think he'll be the real deal in 3-5 years. I believe Leinart will have success quicker because he's in a much better position.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Good Lord, what did you expect? You can't go from the bottom of the barrell to the king of the Hill on the arm of a rookie QB.
    1 TD and 14 turnovers with a 40 passer rating. You are telling me that's an arm to build a program over? HE SUCKS!!!

1 TD and 14 turnovers with a 40 passer rating. You are telling me that's an arm to build a program over? HE SUCKS!!!
    Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers had similar results their first year...if they even saw the field. Smith will be okay, give him a little time.

Puppy Phantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around here Phantom Red Dotter's Avatar

The biggest story a few years down the road (say 7-10), In my opinion is going to be how Clemens, Croyal, and Cutler were passed up for good, but not great QB's. All three will be pro-bowlers by the time it is all over.

Puppy Phantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around herePhantom Red Dotter has turned a few heads around here Phantom Red Dotter's Avatar

Here's the link to a story about Faine:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/9406552

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

what the heck are the saints thinking....oh yeah, they're the saints they never think (why do we all stay fans)...

first round pick (a marketing ploy) second round pick a safety? Mickey Loomis, you suck. You were hired to be the GM of the VooDoo, go back to Arena Football.

JFord

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    What is up with Winston Justice? All of the USC guys even? Reggie Bush falls from 1 to 2. Leinart falls from 3 to 10. Justice has fallen from 10 to (whenever someone drafts him). Talk about a late first round steal.
    I believe that Justice had some arrests the last few months. Teams were/are scared of his off the field issues.

+ Reply to Thread