+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Orleans Saints Dratf...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Saints Dratf...

I think Young will do better if he's not evaluated as a pocket QB. He's got a very low release point and an awkward throwing motion. He is quick, but he's not the type running QB of a Michael Vick (maybe not even Randall Cunningham). He is a weird blend of Steve Young and Michael Vick....he really seems to be half-way in between. He throws better than Vick, but he runs better than Young. But, it's way too early to say that he'll be as good as Young.

On a side note, my dad and I watched the UT/USC game on ESPNClassic the other day. It was amazing to watch VY's face during his final drive. I don't even think he was sweating. He was calm, cool, and collected. It was very impressive to me. Every body talks about Leinart's unmeasurables, but I sometimes think Young gets sold short. He's a leader...and a very good one at that.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: New Orleans Saints Dratf...

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Vince Young is a pocket qb in the same since that Steve Young is a pocket QB. My entire point has been don't treat him like Michael Vick because of the color of his skin. Vince is a pass first guy. He has some deadly feet but he only uses them when he has to carry his team like he did in the Rose Bowl.
    That is why I called him quasi-pocket with the potential to maybe one day be a pocket QB. Michael Vick will never be a pocket passer, ever.

+ Reply to Thread