+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arkbob!!

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

arkbob!!

your boy huckabee is on the colbert report tonight...like right now on comedy central. or in a couple of minutes. thought you might like to know...if you don't already.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: arkbob!!

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    your boy huckabee is on the colbert report tonight...like right now on comedy central. or in a couple of minutes. thought you might like to know...if you don't already.
    How'd he do?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    How'd he do?
    i thought he did well. there wasn't a lot of content discussed, but he has a good personality. i'll record it today. if you want a dvd of it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

When Bill Krystol (sp.) was on the show, I didn't enjoy it very much. It was almost as if SC was pissed or something (ala John Stewart on crossfire-where, by the way, I think Tucker looked much more mature and respectable). I love watching the satires of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, but it agrivates me when they interview or talk to people they disagree with and they come off as angry and childish liberal whiners.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

(ala John Stewart on crossfire-where, by the way, I think Tucker looked much more mature and respectable).
    You have got to be kidding. JS put them in their place and they were VERY angry. I totally enjoyed it. JS questioned them and refused to be there just for comic fodder. They were unprepared and fired back at him. Idiots. They like to think that they run a real news show, but they don't. Sensationalism at its best and they were called on it. JS runs a COMEDY show. It is purely for laughs. Very different than what Fox and CNN are supposed to be doing. I get sick of the sensationalistic crap that these news shows put on the air. The tough questions are not asked and they are just there to spin.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    You have got to be kidding.
    Nope, I'm not. Stewart looked petty and angry. He's much more effective when he keeps his cool. Calling Carlson a dick was like Stewart lowering himself to the "sensationalist" level. It was garbage. I lost a lot of respect for John Stewart on that day.

And come on Champ...idiots? You usually do better than that.

*note that I'm not defending cross-fire or the way they report the "news", I'm merely saying that Tucker was far more classy than Stewart on that day.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Same old, same old. Like it or not, almost a majority of the supposedly "educated" 20-24 age group said that they get their news from Jay Leno or John Stewart, etc.

John Stewart does not have a "comedy" show. That's too general for me. He has a politically liberal satire show.

They are very quick to hide behind satire. I remember one instance where the media released a certain memo and the Daily Show had a great piece about how scared the Republicans were. When that certain memo was found to be total crap, they picked on the media for publishing it. Satire allows him to avoid all questions of credibility while being able to say anything he wants regardless of whether he is saying in the context of comedy. It's .. what do the french call it?? oh yeah... CHICKENPOO!

And what were the people upset about? Well here's John Stewart saying that the media isn't living up to their responsibilities... uh... where did you hear it from John? Oh yeah. THE FRIGGIN MEDIA! Apparently they are doing their job. I mean is there one person in America who doesn't know that the intelligence MAY have been faulty or that the war isn't going well or that Bush may have leaked classified documents or may have.... etc etc...

Same old, same old.

Nope, I'm not. Stewart looked petty and angry. He's much more effective when he keeps his cool. Calling Carlson a dick was like Stewart lowering himself to the "sensationalist" level. It was garbage. I lost a lot of respect for John Stewart on that day.

And come on Champ...idiots? You usually do better than that.

*note that I'm not defending cross-fire or the way they report the "news", I'm merely saying that Tucker was far more classy than Stewart on that day.
    you might think it was immature, but tucker carlson is a dick...so was novak and carville and pretty much anybody that hosted that show. i have never heard carlson talk and not sound angry (and used to watch crossfire everyday)...i liked it better when novak was on. i've only seen clips of the show with stuart on it, but as far as i can tell, he was just calling tucker in person and publically what i and millions of others had been thinking of him. tucker's new show on msnbc, which no one watches because it's on msnbc, is just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    you might think it was immature, but tucker carlson is a dick...so was novak and carville and pretty much anybody that hosted that show. i have never heard carlson talk and not sound angry (and used to watch crossfire everyday)...i liked it better when novak was on. i've only seen clips of the show with stuart on it, but as far as i can tell, he was just calling tucker in person and publically what i and millions of others had been thinking of him. tucker's new show on msnbc, which no one watches because it's on msnbc, is just as bad.
    Come on sik-m, that's weak. John Stewart hides behind the fact that he's "the fake news" only when it's suitable. Duckbil is right, a majority of young voters watch the show, so he has a certain amount of responsibility as well. But, he's more than happy to shirk that responsibility when it fits him best. He tries to do this switch from comedian to politico and then switch back. Again, I watch the daily show and usually enjoy it, but Stewart made a donkey out of himself on crossfire. I had come to expect more of him.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Tucker Carlson said one of the funniest things I have ever heard, though (although it was dickish). He said,"How many times do I have to explain economics to liberals? It is like a second job for me." I laughed very hard because I thought of the arguments I had with Saltydawg and how clueless he was about economics. I never liked crossfire too much. It was just a bunch of eggheads seeing who could yell the loudest. I always thought Tucker was fairly sound in his ecopolitical analysis the few times I watched (rather a dick or not).

I just find it hypocritical that while berrating someone for sensationalizing and avoiding issues, he throws in a tirade (sp.) about Tucker wearing a bowtie and being a dick.

Come on sik-m, that's weak. John Stewart hides behind the fact that he's "the fake news" only when it's suitable. Duckbil is right, a majority of young voters watch the show, so he has a certain amount of responsibility as well. But, he's more than happy to shirk that responsibility when it fits him best. He tries to do this switch from comedian to politico and then switch back. Again, I watch the daily show and usually enjoy it, but Stewart made a donkey out of himself on crossfire. I had come to expect more of him.
    look the show's core is not to be a real news broadcast. it's not the producer's or stewart's fault that ignorant people use his show as their only or main news source. my question is: why is it ok to call tucker names on the daily show and not to his face? because it was cnn at 5:00 instead of comedy central at 10:00? i just don't see the big deal...i don't much care for tucker's "reporting" or "interviewing" style (which, as far as i can see, consists of tucker asking a question then proceding to yell at his interviewee for 20 minutes...and he's a "real" journalist).

i disagree that he switches back and forth from politico to comedian (but i see the show as politically satirical, which i think requires one to be both simultaneously), but i can see how one might think that. and i can't argue that a lot of younger people watch the show as their main "news" source (i can't say for sure how many of them are actually politically active or even voters) and that isn't a good way to get info...but the show was not concieved to be an information show; it's comedic commentary; it's a supplement to real news.

I just find it hypocritical that while berrating someone for sensationalizing and avoiding issues, he throws in a tirade (sp.) about Tucker wearing a bowtie and being a dick.
    IT'S TRUE!!! he does wear a bowtie. :icon_wink

I'm not saying it was wrong or even that he shouldn't have done, I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy it and I lost some respect for him because of it. If you're trying to be taken seriously in a debate, don't result to ad hominem. Let's face it, I'm a fat, egotistical know-it-all, but if you call me that in a debate, you won't be taken seriously.

I'm not saying it was wrong or even that he shouldn't have done, I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy it and I lost some respect for him because of it. If you're trying to be taken seriously in a debate, don't result to ad hominem. Let's face it, I'm a fat, egotistical know-it-all, but if you call me that in a debate, you won't be taken seriously.
    i agree that it is not a quality debate platform. however, from all i've seen, tucker carlson is not interested in debate; he likes to say his piece and yell at you when you are saying yours. it's probably high time somebody told him that...you know paul begala had been wanting to say it for years.

btw, you're not fat, you're big-boned.

+ Reply to Thread