+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $1 billion Baghdad embassy

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: $1 billion Baghdad embassy

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Amen! However, back to the thread title, the rebirth of and rebuilt ancient Babylon/ present day Iraq as a major player in world events, in the "end days", is prophised in the old and new testament. Iraq/Babylon is actually the second most named country in the Bible after Israel. JMO, but our being there and helping in the rebuilding of Iraq is very prophetic. Not saying that I agree with this at all. Just saying that IMHO, GOD spoke through the old Prophets (check out Isaiah and Daniel) as well as John in the Book of Revelation about this very same happening.

Check these out just for fun. I received this the other day.
    All are true. However, I do need to check out the verse listed in the Koran.

> >>>> 1. The garden of Eden was in
    > >>>>
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 3. Noah built the ark in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 4. The
    Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in
    Southern Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in
    Iraq !
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 7. Jacob met Rachel in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 8. Jonah preached in
    Nineveh- which is in Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of
    Israel.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 10. Amos cried out in
    Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed
    Jerusalem.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 12. Daniel was in the lion's den in
    Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in
    Iraq (Jesus had been in
    > >>>>
    Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 14. Belshazzar, the King of
    Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 16. Ezekiel preached in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 17. The wise men were from
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 18. Peter preached in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelationis called
    Babylon,which
    > >>>> was a city in
    Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> And you have probably seen this one.
    Israel is the nation most often
    > >>>> mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is
    Iraq!
    > >>>> However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.The names used in
    > >>>> the Bible are
    Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia
    > >>>> means between the two rivers, more exactly between the
    Tigris and
    > >>>> Euphrates Rivers. The name
    Iraq, means country with deeproots.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Indeed
    Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country
    > >>>> in the Bible.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated
    > >>>> with it than Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically
    > >>>> represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim
    > >>>> passages...
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
    > >>>> fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
    > >>>> of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
    > >>>> rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there
    > >>>> was peace.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> (Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!
    > >>>>
    I doubt we're "cleansing" anything right now. The only reason why we're over there fighting is because of OIL!!! Please quit insulting our intelligence, the "asses of evil" are cashing in on all the Halliburton deals while the rest of us are having to scrape by just to fill our tanks.

BTW, here's your so-called christian, conservative President showing a new salute. Just click the video and enjoy!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...shflipbird.htm

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    I doubt we're "cleansing" anything right now. The only reason why we're over there fighting is because of OIL!!! Please quit insulting our intelligence, the "asses of evil" are cashing in on all the Halliburton deals while the rest of us are having to scrape by just to fill our tanks.

BTW, here's your so-called christian, conservative President showing a new salute. Just click the video and enjoy!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...shflipbird.htm
    Funny how this never hit the newspapers or is in any major newspaper, but keep believing the photoshops and BS.coms. Your baseless gripes are hilarious. I think Bush hasnt been anywhere near a good president, but I dont come up with childish banter and conspiracy theories. Either way, he is still better than Kerry, sadly enough.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Funny how this never hit the newspapers or is in any major newspaper, but keep believing the photoshops and BS.coms. Your baseless gripes are hilarious. I think Bush hasnt been anywhere near a good president, but I dont come up with childish banter and conspiracy theories. Either way, he is still better than Kerry, sadly enough.
    actually, i'm pretty sure the "victory salute" is real. the funny thing is, though, i like him more after that video than i did before. :icon_roll

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Theories??? Go check their bank accounts and then get back with me.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Theories??? Go check their bank accounts and then get back with me.
    You really think we only went over there for oil? I know Halliburton is making them a nice profit over there that isnt part of the theory, though. I dont think we went over there for oil, but if we could get some out of it, it would be a hell of an add-on.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You got that right. Actually, I would enjoy that pic if it was accurate. Sometimes I get a tad tired of BUSH taking it and not dishing some back.

Your blind support of Dubya poses a question: What is better-a country with citizens that questions and demands accountability or one full of citizens that follow without question? Which of these makes a stronger nation?

Bush Approval Plummets to 31% in U.S.

May 12, 2006

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/inde...m/itemID/11855

Your blind support of Dubya poses a question: What is better-a country with citizens that questions and demands accountability or one full of citizens that follow without question? Which of these makes a stronger nation?

Bush Approval Plummets to 31% in U.S.

May 12, 2006

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/inde...m/itemID/11855
    I have no blind support of Dubya, and I do question many things he does. I just try not to be a little turd about it, like some on here do.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

I have no blind support of Dubya, and I do question many things he does. I just try not to be a little turd about it, like some on here do.
    Really? The only people in the country that approve of his leadership are his core supporters who would approve of anything that he does. The plain fact of the matter is that Dubya represents the super-rich of this country and Big Business interests.

Perhaps you will reveal what things your question about the many things that he has done. Should be a nice long list.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Really? The only people in the country that approve of his leadership are his core supporters who would approve of anything that he does. The plain fact of the matter is that Dubya represents the super-rich of this country and Big Business interests.

Perhaps you will reveal what things your question about the many things that he has done. Should be a nice long list.
    Name one president who hasnt been super-rich and part of Big Business. You have to be those two things usually to become president. You definitely have to be super-rich and Big Business usually goes along with that. This is the main problem with our political structure. You have to be rich and you have to have mega-rich backers and friends to keep you going. Po' folks like us could never dream unless we got in close with some well to do's, but they would probably turn their nose up at us simple folks.

I get pissed when I know I 'm wrong too.

I get pissed when I know I 'm wrong too.
    Wrong about what? You havent proven your conspiracy theories. As far as I am concerned, we arent even really debating anything.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Amen! However, back to the thread title, the rebirth of and rebuilt ancient Babylon/ present day Iraq as a major player in world events, in the "end days", is prophised in the old and new testament. Iraq/Babylon is actually the second most named country in the Bible after Israel. JMO, but our being there and helping in the rebuilding of Iraq is very prophetic. Not saying that I agree with this at all. Just saying that IMHO, GOD spoke through the old Prophets (check out Isaiah and Daniel) as well as John in the Book of Revelation about this very same happening.

Check these out just for fun. I received this the other day.
    All are true. However, I do need to check out the verse listed in the Koran.

> >>>> 1. The garden of Eden was in
    > >>>>
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 3. Noah built the ark in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 4. The
    Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in
    Southern Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in
    Iraq !
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 7. Jacob met Rachel in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 8. Jonah preached in
    Nineveh- which is in Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of
    Israel.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 10. Amos cried out in
    Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed
    Jerusalem.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 12. Daniel was in the lion's den in
    Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in
    Iraq (Jesus had been in
    > >>>>
    Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 14. Belshazzar, the King of
    Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 16. Ezekiel preached in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 17. The wise men were from
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 18. Peter preached in
    Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> 19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelationis called
    Babylon,which
    > >>>> was a city in
    Iraq!
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> And you have probably seen this one.
    Israel is the nation most often
    > >>>> mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is
    Iraq!
    > >>>> However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.The names used in
    > >>>> the Bible are
    Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia
    > >>>> means between the two rivers, more exactly between the
    Tigris and
    > >>>> Euphrates Rivers. The name
    Iraq, means country with deeproots.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Indeed
    Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country
    > >>>> in the Bible.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated
    > >>>> with it than Iraq.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically
    > >>>> represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim
    > >>>> passages...
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
    > >>>> fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
    > >>>> of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
    > >>>> rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there
    > >>>> was peace.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>>
    > >>>> (Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!
    > >>>>
    More on the topic listed above. Possibly the begining of a very prophetic event. Of course only GOD knows.

HERE WE GO! BABYLON IS TO BE RESTORED

(See Revelation 18)
    "Lure of Babylon is powerful draw"

"IRAQ, U.N. UNDERTAKE PROJECT TO RESTORE CITY, TRANSFORM IT INTO CENTER FOR CULTURAL TOURISM."
    Jeffrey Gettleman/NY Times
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...604270321/1020

...Babylon, the mud-brick city with the million-dollar name, has paid the price of war. It has been ransacked, looted, torn up, paved over, neglected and roughly occupied. Archaeologists said American soldiers even used soil thick with priceless artifacts to stuff sandbags.

But Iraqi leaders and U.N. officials are not giving up. THEY ARE WORKING ASSIDUOUSLY TO RESTORE BABYLON and turn it into a cultural center and possibly even an Iraqi theme park. No one is saying this is going to happen any time soon, but what makes the project even conceivable is that the area around Babylon is one of the safest in Iraq -- a beacon of civilization, once again, in a land of chaos....

Emad Lafta al-Bayati, Hilla's mayor, has big plans for Babylon. "I want restaurants, gift shops, long parking lots," he said. God willing, he added, maybe even a Holiday Inn. THE U.N. EDUCATIONAL, SCIENTIFIC AND CULTURAL ORGANIZATION IS PUMPING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO PROTECTING AND RESTORING BABYLON and a handful of other ancient ruins in Iraq. UNESCO HAS EVEN PRINTED UP A SNAZZY BROCHURE, WITH BABYLON LISTED AS THE PREMIER DESTINATION, to hand out to wealthy donors....

Babylon. Its name has had a magical ring since Hammurabi, the Babylonian king who ruled from 1792 to 1750 B.C. and is credited with handing down one of the first sets of codified law.

After Hammurabi, the city flourished again under King Nebuchadnezzar II, who ruled from around 605 to 562 B.C. and is best known for the hanging gardens he supposedly built for his wife.

+ Reply to Thread