+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue.com

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Blue.com

Alright, I'll buy that, Red. I would agree that painting up does not make anyone in the Blue a bigger fan than anyone else. In that same spirit of agreement, I would like you to consider a few of the things the Blue has been responsible for this year:

The final home game, which was against Boise, allowed high school students in free. This was an idea generated by the Blue in order to increase attendance during the break. The idea was passed on to the athletics department with an extensive justification and agreed upon.

The final two home games in basketball were $2 for high school students. This was an idea that was generated by the Blue and promoted by the Blue. Fliers were posted in eight local schools. The response was very high as I'm sure you saw.

The soccer tournament that was recently held here was promoted by the Blue through fliers in all of the campus housing.

The 5K Dawg Track was in a small part advertised by the Blue through passing out registration forms on campus. I hope they raise a lot of money.

The remaining baseball games have been promoted through the Blue by posting fliers in the local schools as well as at the Ruston baseball fields. The Blue has also been given the magnetic board in the student center which now advertises this weekends baseball games and will continually be updated to reflect current athletic events.

On top of these things, I would like you to consider some of the activities that have been done outside of athletics.

Through my high school, I organized a "career day" which featured WHS alumni that I recruited to come back and speak to current WHS students about what college is like and what their majors are like. This was also an opportunity for WHS alumni that went to Tech (alisha, jonell, and myself) to promote Tech. Did you know that the ratio of engineering students to engineering firms at the job fair is 10:1 here compared to 35:1 at LSU? A lot of work went into those presentations. Some items were donated by the school, but milk, donuts, shirts, and other giveaways were paid for out of pocket.

As an officer with ASME, I designed and built the trebuchet (out of pocket) which was used as another Tech recruiting and promotional tactic. I also used personal contacts to bring in Flowserve, a global engineering firm which has now hired several Tech engineers from that meeting.

Similar activities are done by other members of the Blue.

I'm not calling you out or saying we're better than anyone else. I am attempting to show that we try to do a lot of work for Tech. Personally, I'm glad you're coming in here with a stick and an attitude. I hate complacency and I hope you keep us far from it. My point is that we are NOT just an organization that paints up for games and then goes to bragging about how great we are. We do this because we love Tech. It is reflected in our actions and if you have any ideas on how we can improve, I would LOVE to hear them.

I would love for anyone to tell me how to be a better gorilla and how for all of us to increase enthusiasm and how to do whatever it is better. We can improve and we are trying to improve.

Bulldog THE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around here THE RED's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    Alright, I'll buy that, Red. I would agree that painting up does not make anyone in the Blue a bigger fan than anyone else. In that same spirit of agreement, I would like you to consider a few of the things the Blue has been responsible for this year:

The final home game, which was against Boise, allowed high school students in free. This was an idea generated by the Blue in order to increase attendance during the break. The idea was passed on to the athletics department with an extensive justification and agreed upon.

The final two home games in basketball were $2 for high school students. This was an idea that was generated by the Blue and promoted by the Blue. Fliers were posted in eight local schools. The response was very high as I'm sure you saw.

The soccer tournament that was recently held here was promoted by the Blue through fliers in all of the campus housing.

The 5K Dawg Track was in a small part advertised by the Blue through passing out registration forms on campus. I hope they raise a lot of money.

The remaining baseball games have been promoted through the Blue by posting fliers in the local schools as well as at the Ruston baseball fields. The Blue has also been given the magnetic board in the student center which now advertises this weekends baseball games and will continually be updated to reflect current athletic events.

On top of these things, I would like you to consider some of the activities that have been done outside of athletics.

Through my high school, I organized a "career day" which featured WHS alumni that I recruited to come back and speak to current WHS students about what college is like and what their majors are like. This was also an opportunity for WHS alumni that went to Tech (alisha, jonell, and myself) to promote Tech. Did you know that the ratio of engineering students to engineering firms at the job fair is 10:1 here compared to 35:1 at LSU? A lot of work went into those presentations. Some items were donated by the school, but milk, donuts, shirts, and other giveaways were paid for out of pocket.

As an officer with ASME, I designed and built the trebuchet (out of pocket) which was used as another Tech recruiting and promotional tactic. I also used personal contacts to bring in Flowserve, a global engineering firm which has now hired several Tech engineers from that meeting.

I'm not calling you out or saying we're better than anyone else. I am attempting to show that we try to do a lot of work for Tech. Personally, I'm glad you're coming in here with a stick and an attitude. I hate complacency and I hope you keep us far from it. My point is that we are NOT just an organization that paints up for games and then goes to bragging about how great we are. We do this because we love Tech. It is reflected in our actions and if you have any ideas on how we can improve, I would LOVE to hear them.

I would love for anyone to tell me how to be a better gorilla and how for all of us to increase enthusiasm and how to do whatever it is better. We can improve and we are trying to improve.
    Congratulations for all your hard work gorilla...Keep on wearing that gorilla suit everywhere....You deserve a certificate or trophy or something. If only every tech fan was good enough to be in the Blue...too bad we dont all have that kind of time on our hands i guess. You're right...the blue is the only reason we have high attendance at games. Man, if only i would have thought of dressing like a monkey first...Now THATS Tech spirit.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE RED
    Congratulations for all your hard work gorilla...Keep on wearing that gorilla suit everywhere....You deserve a certificate or trophy or something. If only every tech fan was good enough to be in the Blue...too bad we dont all have that kind of time on our hands i guess. You're right...the blue is the only reason we have high attendance at games. Man, if only i would have thought of dressing like a monkey first...Now THATS Tech spirit.
    LOL

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The Red, I did not give you a dot. I left my response on the board. My red dots, though rare, are always signed "-AG." Feel free to ask Juice or Jenn if I've said anything negative about you. My response privately has been the same as publicly: "I like the stick and the attitude." When people have criticisms, it is a good opportunity to self-evaluate and see if the comments have some validity. My concern with you is the passion in which you have these criticisms. Remember, even if you don't like us, we are still on the same team.
    .................................................. ............................................
    ::: private message deleted per request :::
    .................................................. ............................................

Secondly, don't talk to me about not having time. I'm a Mechanical Engineering major. I do my share of studying and schoolwork. I'm not taking credit for attendance at games. I am pointing out that we work to that goal. I can't understand why you are so against us. Even if we are a little arrogant about it, we are working hard for this school AND we are still on the same team.

And once again, my dots get signed "AG" every single time.
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 05-06-2006 at 11:53 AM.

Bulldog THE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around hereTHE RED has turned a few heads around here THE RED's Avatar

Thats really cool of you to post your private messages on the public message board. Its ok...i dont really expect a guy who dresses like a monkey to understand the concept of private anyhow.

Alright, our conversations will be moved to privacy. I didn't see anything in the message that warranted privacy though. I just thought if you wanted to call me names, that you'd prefer to do it where everyone could see it.

Alright, our conversations will be moved to privacy. I didn't see anything in the message that warranted privacy though. I just thought if you wanted to call me names, that you'd prefer to do it where everyone could see it.
    I think if someone wants to call a name, they should at least reveal their identity, which in my private message, i did do. Thank you, but you make no sense

My identity has never been a secret. I am Joseph McMahan. When have I called you a name? But, if you feel someone who wants to call a name should reveal their identity, you are who?

My identity has never been a secret. I am Joseph McMahan. When have I called you a name? But, if you feel someone who wants to call a name should reveal their identity, you are who?
    I wasnt refering to real names, i was just talking about identity as far as on the board. Its ok though, its over now.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

would you like a banana for that??

Quote Originally Posted by THE RED
    just dont understand why the group as a whole is so conceited about its Tech spirit.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The Red, I did not give you a dot. I left my response on the board. My red dots, though rare, are always signed "-AG." Feel free to ask Juice or Jenn if I've said anything negative about you. My response privately has been the same as publicly: "I like the stick and the attitude." When people have criticisms, it is a good opportunity to self-evaluate and see if the comments have some validity. My concern with you is the passion in which you have these criticisms. Remember, even if you don't like us, we are still on the same team.
    ::: private message deleted per request :::

Secondly, don't talk to me about not having time. I'm a Mechanical Engineering major. I do my share of studying and schoolwork. I'm not taking credit for attendance at games. I am pointing out that we work to that goal. I can't understand why you are so against us. Even if we are a little arrogant about it, we are working hard for this school AND we are still on the same team.

And once again, my dots get signed "AG" every single time.
    what the fcuk are you doin posting PRIVATE messages on a PUBLIC forum??

no respect.

I do not interpret the "private" messages to necessarily mean that they are meant to be kept private. I think the intention is a means to communicate one on one with a user.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I do not interpret the "private" messages to necessarily mean that they are meant to be kept private. I think the intention is a means to communicate one on one with a user.
    If you want one on one, back and forth, go to flash chat; private messages are private, hence the name. doesnt matter what is said.

Puppy A. C. Slater is an unknown A. C. Slater's Avatar

Why do you put yourself through this? It's obvious The Red is obsessed with something and has an agenda and doesn't have the ****s to get out from behind a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by A. C. Slater
    Why do you put yourself through this? It's obvious The Red is obsessed with something and has an agenda and doesn't have the ****s to get out from behind a message board.
    I don't know who you are interrogating or what letters are hidden behing your astericks, but I will respond to your post anyway. If it is "ball"s that you are referring to, SHE doesn't have any. By pretending to be a fictional character, you are implying that you don't have balls to get out from behind a message board either.

+ Reply to Thread