+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hawai'i Saturday updates

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Hawai'i Saturday updates

Gametime for the doubleheader has been rescheduled for 3:00 pm due to the rain.

As of 12:40 pm it looks like most of the rain has now moved east of Ruston, so there may be a chance to get the games in if the field isn't too waterlogged.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Hawai'i Saturday updates

Thanks RC. Anymore info? When I just drove by the field the tarps were still on and the scoreboard wasn't on yet.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

No change so far....KKEA just replayed the taped report from Don Robbs saying that the start time had been pushed back to 3:00. That's also what's still on latechsports.com.

Hawai'i radio broadcast starting on schedule....

Nitz is up too...

Game starting at 3:00 as rescheduled.

Hawai'i retired in the 1st...
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 05-06-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Lacy gets an infield single and Jones homers to right center...2-0 Tech 1 out in the 1st.
    No other damage...2-0 Tech going to the 2nd.

Braud pitching game 1...Lacy scheduled for game 2.

First two Hawai'i batters single to start the 2nd. A pickoff helps, but another single makes it 2-1 with 1 out.
    Another single, but Tech gets out of the inning with a 2-1 lead.

Tech up and down in the 2nd...2-1 Tech heading to the 3rd.

Two more singles and a sacrifice fly ties it 2-2...a throwing error on a steal put the lead run at 3rd for Hawai'i with 2 out in the 3rd, but a ground ball ended the inning.

Tech up and down in the 3rd...still tied 2-2.

Just looks like isolated light showers if anything on radar within 60 miles west of Ruston.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 05-06-2006 at 03:44 PM.

A double (7th hit for Hawai'i), a bunt, and a sacrifice fly gives Hawai'i a 3-2 lead heading to the Tech half of the 4th.

3-2 Hawai'i moving to the 5th.

Braud being replaced by Hudson with 2 out and 2 on in the 5th. An infield single, but Hudson gets a strikeout to get out of the bases-loaded jam.

Tech up and down again in the 5th....still 3-2 Rainbows.

12th hit for Hawai'i drives in another run to make it 4-2, but that's all for Hawai'i. Lucky that Tech hasn't given the Rainbows free runners on walks or hits batsmen...otherwise this game wouldn't be close...9 Hawai'i runners standed in 6 innings.

Nothing for Tech in the 6th. Hawai'i also up and down in the 7th.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 05-06-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Tech opens the 7th with a Hudson single and a Hamilton double off the left field wall...Ramon up with the tying runs in scoring position nobody out.

Ramon grounds out and the runners couldn't advance.
    Rike flies to center and Hudson scores to make it 4-3...Hamilton at 2nd with 2 out for Bascle.
    Bascle grounds out to end the inning...4-3 Hawai'i after 7.

Leadoff walk is stranded for Hawai'i...4-3 Rainbows going to the bottom of the 8th.

Boyce opens the 8th with a bloop single to left.
    Cobb's attempted bunt fails with the force at 2nd.
    Lacy reaches on a fielder's choice grounder to 3rd...Jones up...pitching change for Hawai'i....
    Jones lines out to end the 8th...still 4-3 Hawai'i.

Hawai'i tacks on an insurance run with a double, ground ball, and a single...14th hit for the Rainbows.
    A questionable out call at 2nd on a steal attempt helps Tech get out of the inning.

Last chance for Tech...5-3 Hawai'i.

Hudson grounds out to the pitcher.
    Hamilton singles to right...the Hawai'i 2nd baseman hurts a shoulder but stays in the game.
    Ramon up...wild pitch moves Hamilton to 2nd with a 2-1 count to Ramon...
    Ramon grounds out to short and Hamilton moves to 3rd.
    Rike gounds to short to end the game.

Hawai'i 5, Tech 3...that's 8 straight WAC losses.

Tech is mathematically eliminated from the regular season championship race...Hawai'i can finish no worse than 13-10, while Tech can finish no better than 13-11.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 05-06-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Game 2 starts better as Tech gets its first double play of the series and Jones throws out a runner trying to stretch a single into a double.

Tech jumps out to a 1-0 lead on a Cobb single, a Ramon sacrifice bunt, a Jones infield single that got Cobb to 3rd, and then a Hudson fielder's choice grounder off the pitcher.

Hawai'i strikes back in the 2nd with a couple of doubles with a single in between....2-1 after two and a half innings.

Tech ties it 2-2 in the 3rd on a Cobb double and Jones single. Then Hamilton hits a HR to right center to put Tech ahead 4-2.

Tech loads the bases in the 4th and Ramon gets a sacrifice fly to center to make it 5-2. 1st and 3rd 2 out with Jones batting.
    Jones singles to make it 6-2.

Hawai'i leaves the bases loaded in the 5th...still 6-2 Tech.

Home run for Hawai'i in the 6th...6-3 Tech heading to the 7th.

Hawai'i cuts the lead to 6-4 with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 7th and Lacy is replaced by Alsup.
    Tech almost turned a double play and that makes the score 6-5 with the tying run at 3rd.
    Alsup gets a strikeout to preserve the lead...6-5 Tech at stretch time.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 05-06-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Still 6-5 Tech heading to the 8th, but Hawai'i ties it 6-6.
    A Hamilton throwing error loads the bases again for Hawai'i.
    A grounder to first ends the threat with the score still tied 6-6 heading to the Tech 8th.

A couple of 2-out hits for Tech....1st and 3rd 2 out for Cobb...Cobb strikes out to end the threat. 6-6 heading to the 9th.

Hawai'i gets a leadoff double in the 9th, and a grounder to second moves the runner to 3rd with 1 out.
    A double gives Hawai'i a 7-6 lead heading to the bottom of the 9th.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 05-06-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

MELTDOWN. aaaaaaahhhhhhh

Ramon flies out after getting a second life on a missed pop foul.
    Jones strikes out...Hudson is the last hope for Tech.
    Hudson strikes out to complete the Hawai'i sweep.

Hawai'i 7, Tech 6.
    Tech falls to 5th place in the WAC.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 05-06-2006 at 08:59 PM.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

that was the saddest thing i heard all day when i called joe from the yankee game . . . i so wanted to be there . . . lets just hope we can get back up there . . . GO TECH

+ Reply to Thread