+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTF is going on...

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Re: WTF is going on...

Here's the scoop on the last 9 conference games as far as hitting goes...... Cobb 8/39 .205.....Jones 12/37 .351......Ramon 4/26 .154.....Hudson 16/34 .470.....Goulder 4/32 .125.....Hamilton 12/34 .353......Rike 6/28 .214.....McCarthy 6/17 .353.......Boyce 6/27 .222.............TOTALS 74/271 .273 The .125,.154,.205,.214, @ .222 averages tell the story. Let's hope a few of these guys get there stroke back so we can end this season on a positive note. Let's hope with graduation coming up that our seniors haven't shut it down already and have one last burst of excellence in them.GO DAWGS !!!

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

I just hope we can all just not jump off this bandwagon until after the tournament. I would hate for everyone to jump off and then jump back on if they get on another roll. That has got to be pretty tiring.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Three weeks ago it was looking as if the conference tournament might not be in our best interest. Now, if we can put things back together, the tournament could be our ticket to the post-season. I still believe.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    I agree. It's a little juvenile.

Ya'll beat me to the punch. There was nothing offensive in the question. I have been wondering the same thing myself. The only Hawaii game I saw was the last one. Lacy was out of gas about 1 1/3 innings before he was pulled. I think he was left in too long and that cost us. The ump behind the plate has the most inconsistent strike zone I have ever seen. It did go both ways but I think the bad calls he made in the 9th directly contributed to setting up Hawaii's winning run. But like I said, it did go both ways. He loved the high and outside pitch. It was good for a strike most of the night. But the low, over the plate pitch might be a strike one time and a ball the next. Kind of hard for either team to adjust to that kind of inconsistency. But, bottom line, I didn't see the same kind of intensity and confidence I saw against Fresno. Hope we get that back before the tournament.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Ya'll beat me to the punch. There was nothing offensive in the question. I have been wondering the same thing myself. The only Hawaii game I saw was the last one. Lacy was out of gas about 1 1/3 innings before he was pulled. I think he was left in too long and that cost us. The ump behind the plate has the most inconsistent strike zone I have ever seen. It did go both ways but I think the bad calls he made in the 9th directly contributed to setting up Hawaii's winning run. But like I said, it did go both ways. He loved the high and outside pitch. It was good for a strike most of the night. But the low, over the plate pitch might be a strike one time and a ball the next. Kind of hard for either team to adjust to that kind of inconsistency. But, bottom line, I didn't see the same kind of intensity and confidence I saw against Fresno. Hope we get that back before the tournament.
    Actually when I said "Uh so Fresno fans can understand...we are playing like your football team" he made a comment saying we "will still be in the NCAA tournament" some people might have taken offense to that. I didn't. It has to do with the fact that this is a Fresno fan and so many of us hate Fresno. When I said " You know what happens when teams come out of slumps" and he didn't respond I figured he was showing us respect. But I guess I was wrong if they chalk Tech sweeping them in the major sports as a "bad year."

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I didn't take offense, I just find it hard not to rip a FSU fan when he is right there

Puppy rudolro has turned a few heads around hererudolro has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Actually when I said "Uh so Fresno fans can understand...we are playing like your football team" he made a comment saying we "will still be in the NCAA tournament" some people might have taken offense to that. I didn't. It has to do with the fact that this is a Fresno fan and so many of us hate Fresno. When I said " You know what happens when teams come out of slumps" and he didn't respond I figured he was showing us respect. But I guess I was wrong if they chalk Tech sweeping them in the major sports as a "bad year."
    Juice I wasn't bagging on your progam at all. I think what you guys have done latley is great for the WAC. That being said I was has shocked to see your team go into a late season slump after talking 3 from us in your house. I appriciate some of the info provided. Like the young arms in the rotation. Now a question to you guys about pitching. Are your young guys throwing to many innings?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by rudolro
    Are your young guys throwing to many innings?
    Unfortunately - they are not making it far enough into the game to be considered "too many" innings -

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Juice I wasn't bagging on your progam at all. I think what you guys have done latley is great for the WAC. That being said I was has shocked to see your team go into a late season slump after talking 3 from us in your house. I appriciate some of the info provided. Like the young arms in the rotation. Now a question to you guys about pitching. Are your young guys throwing to many innings?
    I don't think you are bagging on us. That is what I was trying to say. I like how when I made the comment about the slump you didn't really respond (which told me you do know what I am talking about). My main point was you are a Fresno fan and so many people on here view Fresno as the best WAC "rival." That is all I was meaning on why the thread turned into it. However if you want to think this year was a fluke then we will see how next year plays out. Even if we don't win all games we will prove it wasn't a fluke.

Puppy rudolro has turned a few heads around hererudolro has turned a few heads around here

I don't think you are bagging on us. That is what I was trying to say. I like how when I made the comment about the slump you didn't really respond (which told me you do know what I am talking about). My main point was you are a Fresno fan and so many people on here view Fresno as the best WAC "rival." That is all I was meaning on why the thread turned into it. However if you want to think this year was a fluke then we will see how next year plays out. Even if we don't win all games we will prove it wasn't a fluke.
    I know sweeping a team is no fluke. I'm just hoping your team ends it's slump before the WAC Tournament. We need baseball like it was played there a couple of weeks ago so we can get 3 teams in the NCAA. As for the FLUKE stuff it all in fun. As for FSU being the best in the WAC well let us win a title in another sport besides Softball before heaping that on us. Until we do we're in the also ran category.

I know sweeping a team is no fluke. I'm just hoping your team ends it's slump before the WAC Tournament. We need baseball like it was played there a couple of weeks ago so we can get 3 teams in the NCAA. As for the FLUKE stuff it all in fun. As for FSU being the best in the WAC well let us win a title in another sport besides Softball before heaping that on us. Until we do we're in the also ran category.
    I hear that. Hopefully we can make out tournament run because the only chance to get 3 WAC teams is for Tech to win the tournament.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

We sure can do it!

However if you want to think this year was a fluke then we will see how next year plays out. Even if we don't win all games we will prove it wasn't a fluke.
    Juice do me a favor and show me where I ever said " it was a fluke" that you guys sweep us.

BTW the only reason I'm here is because our Baseball board sucks. Hope you guys don't mind.

Juice do me a favor and show me where I ever said " it was a fluke" that you guys sweep us.
    You said chalk it up to a bad year. Whatever though. It is over. My interpretation is that all this is just banter. Nothing bad. I wouldn't expect anything else from fans of other schools (except LSU fans might actually believe it).

+ Reply to Thread