Since seeing the thread on "What is a Christian" become so popular, i thought that I would try my luck on this and see what kind of responses it brought in.

The past two Sunday's my pastor has preached on the Da Vinci Code; both the book by Dan Brown and the upcoming movie staring Tom Hanks. The title of the sermon series was The Davinci Code: Fact or Fiction.

The pastor went on to say that the book is of course labeled as fiction, but on the inside, Dan Brown says that everything in the book is accurate. He also said in a telivised interview that if the book were changed to factual, what would be changed in it and he responded with nothing. He talks of the gnostic gospels, which are gospels plus the books of phillip and thomas, which are not included in the Bible. The pastor spoke out against these saying that they claimed absurd things and were simply not true.

All in all, the pastor stated that the Da Vinci Code plants seeds of doubt in many christians hearts about the truths of the Bible. Because the Da Vinci Code claims to be accurate, many people take it and believe it. It makes claims that Jesus was not divine and that he was married to Mary Magdalene.

I have not read the book, so I was wondering if I could get the input of any of you that have, and what you think about what the book says compared to what the Bible teaches.