+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: The Da Vinci Code

It has also been claimed that Christians destroyed the Library at Alexandria as well. All in the name of erasing everything but Christianity.

Well if you like fiction wound loosely through history read "Treasure" by Clive Clussler. It is about the Library and many of its documents final resting place. For those of you who don't know it's a Dirk Pitt/Numa novel, the recent movie Sahara is an adaptation of one of the books.

If you look at the history of the Templar's you find they morphed into bankers after a long period guarding the road to the holy land and the temple in Jerusalem. They were so desired by the Holy See at one point that they were given a charter above all but the Pope (sorry don't remember the specific document at the moment). The height of their wealth was only about 2 centuries before their demise.

The date was Friday October 13th, 1307. Pope Clement V and Philip IV of France issued secret orders that were to be opened (if I am not mistaken at dawn) on the 13th all over Europe.

They were accused of several vile crimes against the church and many were executed.

When the last grand master of the Templars ( Jacques de Molay) was burning on the stake he cursed Philip and Clement ( or so the legend/history goes) and asked them to join him in Hell within a year. Clement dies 1 month later and Philip 7.

Now the history teacher is done with his story and I would like you all to print this post and sell 40 million copies at $1.99 a piece.

I will then promptly donate half of that back to Tech and assume the task of finding a new AD and hiring a marketing staff etc.... as stipulated in my terms of donation.

Smile..... it burns more calories

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Isn't that how Friday the 13th was labeled an unlucky day?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Yes.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: Theom Da Vinci Code

somebody wants it banned in manila:

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsar...CI.xml&src=rss

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

sik-m-boi- you may be surprised but yes i actually read the Da Vinci Code...I like that the chapters were short so i could read alot and feel smart.lol.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    sik-m-boi- you may be surprised but yes i actually read the Da Vinci Code...I like that the chapters were short so i could read alot and feel smart.lol.
    ha...i didn't believe you until you said that.

just kidding with you. what did you think about it?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    BTW, if you think Da Vinci Code was bad, read Angels and Demons where the Pope's second in command is trying to organize an election of a new pope and re-energize the Roman Catholic faith.
    Actually a prequil to The Da Vinci Code. I am currently reading The Da Vinci Code and have seen multiple references to Angles and Demons.

I liked it. But again, IT"S FICTION. Ment to be enjoyed as FICTION. Just like The Da Vinci Code.

Here's the plot: http://www.danbrown.com/novels/angels_demons/plot.html

When world-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to a Swiss research facility to analyze a mysterious symbol -- seared into the chest of a murdered physicist -- he discovers evidence of the unimaginable: the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati... the most powerful underground organization ever to walk the earth.
    The Illuminati has surfaced from the shadows to carry out the final phase of its legendary vendetta against its most hated enemy... the Catholic Church.
    Langdon's worst fears are confirmed on the eve of the Vatican's holy conclave, when a messenger of the Illuminati announces he has hidden an unstoppable time bomb at the very heart of Vatican City. With the countdown under way, Langdon jets to Rome to join forces with Vittoria Vetra, a beautiful and mysterious Italian scientist, to assist the Vatican in a desperate bid for survival.
    Embarking on a frantic hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and even to the heart of the most secretive vault on earth, Langdon and Vetra follow a 400-year old trail of ancient symbols that snakes across Rome toward the long-forgotten Illuminati lair... a secret location that contains the only hope for Vatican salvation.
    An explosive international thriller, ANGELS & DEMONS careens from enlightening epiphanies to dark truths as the battle between science and religion turns to war...

Which is all FICTION!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I've been watching shows about the Code. It's amazing how off some of his "facts" are.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

He is also supposed to be writing a new novel about George Washington being a Mason and all of the Masonic symbols in Washington. It seems to me like its along the same lines of National Treasure, the movie with Nicholas Cage that came out in 2002 I think.

I read and thoroughly enjoyed all of Dan Brown's novels and will read the next one if he every finishes it.

Puppy Kenzie Leigh seems to have something between the earsKenzie Leigh seems to have something between the earsKenzie Leigh seems to have something between the earsKenzie Leigh seems to have something between the earsKenzie Leigh seems to have something between the earsKenzie Leigh seems to have something between the ears Kenzie Leigh's Avatar

As long as it is approached in the proper context...it's a great read! Couldn't put it down!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenzie Leigh
    As long as it is approached in the proper context...it's a great read! Couldn't put it down!
    My only problem is the historical inaccuracy. One History professor likened it to a WWII novel where the Nazi's win and Churchill and FDR stand trial.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

This book is as factual as every other conspiracy theory.

The way conspiracy theories work is you have a predetermined outcome and the start shaping facts around it. Sometimes you even have to bend them a little or leave a few facts out.

Ever read a case for President Bush ordering 9/11. Pretty complelling documentaries for it on the web at archive.org. It started with a hatred for the president and shaped into a case. What about man never landing on the moon... That one holds water... It started with a distrust for the American goverment from years of corruption. The C rock, no stars, etc... Do I even need to bring up the Kennedy assassination?

I put the Da Vinci Code in the same classification as these stories. The only difference is the purpose for their creation. Dan Browne did it to become a rich, rich man. He succeeded.

Perhaps the best analogy is the movie JFK. You ever shoot a can? The can flips back towards you. You ever take a bolt action .22 and just have fun with it? 3 shots takes a lot less than 5 seconds. But Oliver Stone ignored all of that to make a good movie.

The Da Vinci code is LOADED with the same kind of inconsistancies, omissions and half-truths. If your faith and your knowledge of religion is so limited that this book changes it, then perhaps it's time to spend some time reading or engaged in healthy debate. Most people who I talk to about the movie are really addressing a problem that needs to be faced by every Christian and that is the origins of our religion. Particularly the bad parts. Those with bones to pick on this subject will see what they want to see when they look at a fuzzy picture.

Good book though. I wasted a day of a trip because I started reading it on the plane and couldn't put it down when I got there.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    ha...i didn't believe you until you said that.

just kidding with you. what did you think about it?
    Actually couldnt put it down....Have to take whats in there with a grain of salt but like hwo they link it together. Might pick up Angels&Demons....Reading what is wrong with me.

Angels and Demons was better if you ask me!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Actually couldnt put it down....Have to take whats in there with a grain of salt but like hwo they link it together. Might pick up Angels&Demons....Reading what is wrong with me.
    Don't worry Fox, football will be back in the fall and you can shake off all those bad habits...like reading...and focus on what's important in life: The Dawgs and the Saints!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread