+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Illegal Alien Anthem

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Thumbs Down The Illegal Alien Anthem

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12521196/

OK.....I didn't read the whole article, but enough to make me want to post it. I think it is ridiculous to make a spanish version of The Star Spangled Banner.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: The Illegal Alien Anthem

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I am boycotting eating at any Mexican food restaurants this weekend since they are going to try and shut down our major cities and industry. No Tacos for me!

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I am boycotting eating at any Mexican food restaurants this weekend since they are going to try and shut down our major cities and industry. No Tacos for me!
    Yeah, this is starting to get a lilttle crazy. We need to come down hard on these illegals, and we need to come down quick. Now I am not talking about full Hitler type force or anything, but we have got to stop this. 11 million already who think they own the place, and if we don't do anything soon, it will be too late. (If its not already)

Now I am not going to sit here and say I know every detail about the problem, but to me it seems like we are slowly losing our country. Politcial Correctness is killing the people of the U.S. We are so scared to be labled a racist now a days, we can't even stand up for ourselves and "our" (as in legit citizens of the us) country.

Sorry for the rant, and it might by completly irrelevant to the topic, but I feel our country is headed down the crapper pretty quick. This just set me off.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten

Let's not get crazy man... Have you had the enchiladas at Tia Marias? When I visit in two weeks, I won't be able to resist...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Tia Maria's is awesome...I'm a Flauta man myself, but it's all good.

If I were a betting man, I'd say this "walk out"/"stay home day" is something for politicians and students. They folks who are here to work hard for money will continue to do just that. If someone is there to cook my mexican food, I'll be glad to eat it. Let the talking heads and students boycott all they want...the rest of us will be at work making this country run.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

can i go join those minute men??? i got a shotgun . . . and dynamite comes in small packages . . . i'll get them

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i think i might be the only one who is not too upset at this. it's free market in action. these latin pop stars (and wyclef) see a chance to make a few dollars by capitalizing off the emotions of a particular demographic by translating a public domain song into another language. i have much less problem with this version of then the one that was sung (by r. kelly---i think) at the hopkins-taylor fight. we're talking about this song like it killed our dog or something...it's just a translation of a song glorifying our nation. you may not like the idea of it but it's not that big a deal that private individual recorded it and privately-owed radio stations are playing it...if the government sponsored it i would most certainly have a problem with it but if private folks want to re-record a 200-year-old song that some americans don't know all the words to, i just don't see the problem.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I'm not too concerned about it either, assuming they translated the words correctly. They will at least know what the words to our national anthem are until they learn English. When they learn English, they will sing our nation anthem with pride like we do now.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

At it's base, it reminds me of the blue hairs in church getting outraged at contemporary Christian music. Sure it's rock, but it's saying we love the Lord Almighty. Sure it's Spanish, but it shows love for America.

I have a small problem with it for one reason: It was created and sung as an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    At it's base, it reminds me of the blue hairs in church getting outraged at contemporary Christian music. Sure it's rock, but it's saying we love the Lord Almighty. Sure it's Spanish, but it shows love for America.

I have a small problem with it for one reason: It was created and sung as an agenda.
    i will agree that it has agenda since its producer is a british guy. one of my friends posted a very good opinion piece on this subject on our political blog apathy as activism (speaking of agendas...and shameless promotion) if anybody wants to check it out.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Illegal immigration is illegal!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Here's a different version from a friend of mine, with his note:

A firend of mine, Ken Booth, who resides in Yuma, Arizona sent me this article about a Latino Anthem that is going to come out soon. I have listed it below.
    I decided it would be fun to beat them to the punch with a different version. I hope that you will find this fun and entertaining. Hopefully we will have it available for download thru I-tunes soon. But I am sending it to a few close friends for your personal enjoyment! The lyrics are included below the article.

Carlos Rojizo by the way is My name in Spanish!!!

Here's to great radio and much fun!!

Chuck Redden {aka Carlos}

Here are the particulars...

Artist: CARLOS ROJIZO
    PUBLISHER: SWEET GARDENIA MUSIC; BMI
    WRITER: CHUCK REDDEN {who also wrote the New Battle of New Orleans by Ray Stevens; Chocolateville, and other parodys}

THE ILLEGAL ALIEN ANTHEM
    By Michelle Malkin · April 22, 2006 08:20 AM
    The Star-Spangled Banner meets reconquista...and has been renamed "Nuestro Himno" (via AP):

Mexican pop diva Gloria Trevi, Puerto Rican reggaeton star Don Omar and other Latino artists have recorded a bilingual version of the U.S. national anthem in a show of support for migrants in the United States.
    The Latino-oriented record label Urban Box Office (UBO) said Friday it would put the new Spanish-English version of "The Star-Spangled Banner" on the market Monday to coincide with the U.S. Senate's debate on immigration legislation.

Congressional debate over immigration bills proposing everything from toughened border security to the legalization of undocumented migrants in America have triggered huge demonstrations across the United States in recent weeks.

"We decided to re-record 'The Star-Spangled Banner' to show our solidarity with the undocumented migrants," said UBO President Adam Kidron. "Today we are Americans and 'The-Star Spangled Banner' represents everything to us."

The recording, dubbed "Nuestro Himno" or "Our Anthem," is set to "urban Latino rhythms" but respects the song's traditional structure, UBO said in a news release. Each artist decided whether to sing in Spanish or English.

The "Nuestro Himno" record will be sold for $10, with a portion going to Washington-based National Capital Immigration Coalition, UBO said.

The Meximarican Anthem
    Jose, si si si.
    America is the place for me.
    Where the work is plentiful,
    and the benefits are free.

There is room for you too,
    Jobs that most folks won't do.
    Like the ones from da hood.
    Who still think dey be too good.

So come on load the bus,
    There's a need for all of us.
    To relieve them of their dough.
    Oh these lazy gringos.

We will work for a while
    then go back to our home land.
    and in a few years we'll be back
    to take their money once again!!!!!

[spoken over instrumental]
    JOSE, SI, SI, SI
    AMERICA' ES EL PAIS PARA MI
    DONDE EL TRABAJO SOBRA,
    Y LOS BENIFICIOS SON GRATIS.

So come on load the bus,
    There's a need for all of us.
    To relieve them of their dough.
    Oh these lazy gringos.

We will work for a while
    then go back to our home land.
    and in a few years we'll be back
    to take their money once again!!!!!

Tequila.

Written by Chuck Redden,
    copyright 2006
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Tequila!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I read that they recorded another version and changed the words to glorify immigrants. This other version is also coming out.

In reference to the May 1 boycott, I was upset to hear Cargill and Tyson Foods are shutting down Monday in support of this boycott. They are major employers of immigrants (read illegal aliens) and probably felt their operations would be too compromised to conduct business. I emailed both companies stating that I felt they are major contributors to the illegal alien problem and gave them a shame on you. I really think we have to start calling these companies out and letting them know that we do not approve of their business practices.

This issue has really gotten me fired up and I have emailed my Kansas senators as well as Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton. Since I hope Hilary is our next president (Whoa!!!!Did I just say that on this forum), I chided her for trying to lose the election before she even enters it by coming down on the wrong side of this issue and for making herself so visible as she panders for the latino vote.

Well, I just got interrupted from typing this because there was a huge accident in front of my house. Somebody lost control of their car and slammed into my neighbors parked car. There are car parts everywhere and both cars are completely wrecked. The person driving disappeared and just left the car sitting in the middle of the street with the radio playing blaring mexican music. Probably an illegal who doesn't have a license or something. (Of course, I wouldn't want to stereotype or anything.)

+ Reply to Thread