+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 99.3 Signal

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 99.3 Signal

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Can we get one that can reach to BR?
    Shoot, I'd be happy if we could just pick it up down here in A-Town.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Shoot, I'd be happy if we could just pick it up down here in A-Town.
    believe it or not, johnny, i picked it up in ball on my way down from monroe recently. couldn't get it all the way to 167, though.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious...since 99.3 is licensed for Ruston to operate at 15kw (or so) a new transmitter will help clear up the static for what...a couple of miles or so? Glad you'll be getting your stereo signal back, but it isn't enough to get you much further than you are now.

Not an FCC authority here, but you guys will probably need to relocate your frequency to one you can get a class C1 or C license to kick it to KXKZ's strength. I don't know that one is available for this market without getting some others to shift around too. You could switch the Peach to 99.3, and put ESPN on 97.7 (or request a move to 97.9..if available...and bump it to a class C1 and 100kw)

I think the FM dial is pretty full...not sure that there's a lot of room to increase your reach, is there?

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3
    Just curious...since 99.3 is licensed for Ruston to operate at 15kw (or so) a new transmitter will help clear up the static for what...a couple of miles or so? Glad you'll be getting your stereo signal back, but it isn't enough to get you much further than you are now.

Not an FCC authority here, but you guys will probably need to relocate your frequency to one you can get a class C1 or C license to kick it to KXKZ's strength. I don't know that one is available for this market without getting some others to shift around too. You could switch the Peach to 99.3, and put ESPN on 97.7 (or request a move to 97.9..if available...and bump it to a class C1 and 100kw)

I think the FM dial is pretty full...not sure that there's a lot of room to increase your reach, is there?
    ummm and what radio station do YOU work for or have worked for?:icon_wink

For the past 12 months and 19 days(whose counting) that ESPN has been on 99.3 we have spent probably a month totally on the transmitters full power..it is old and we have spent a ton on trying to fix it...

The new transmitter will give us a CONSISTENT signal and one that is peaked to the transmitters legal power..

We do not have the stereo mode on for a purpose--no music played--don't need it and in mono our engineers have said it does improve our signal a little and every little bit helps

We have discussed moving the ESPN format to the Peach 97.7 and the oldies format to 97.7--but that is not feasible right now.....

We could move the tower location and increase power with the FCC approval and a substantial investment...that too is also being considered for the 99.3 frequency...

We would love to have another 100,000 watt powerhouse like KXKZ but we have some growing to do with the sports format and I 'm not 100% on this but I doubt there is a talk sports 100,000 watt fm in the U.S.....maybe but the format just doesn't justify with numbers RIGHT NOW....naturally things change.

All this movement of frequencies and new equipment etc etc takes bunches of investment as you probably know....so we continue to grow and the answers will become clear -- later..

bottom line the new transmitter WILL give us some more coverage but most of all it will be consistent...

at our good times we can go past Winnfield to the south and to Bossier and 15 to 20 miles east of Monroe...and to Eldorado....but we can't do it day after day right now which in the radio ain't a good thing...the new transmitter will solve that problem (we hope)

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to spin a few 45's @ KXKZ back in the mid 80's, but mainly my college years were spent @ 92.7, afternoon drive.

I love radio!

My kids had never seen a "45" until a couple of months ago. And an "LP" was like..."how did u fit that in the car cd player, dad"?

LOL!

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    ummm and what radio station do YOU work for or have worked for?:icon_wink

For the past 12 months and 19 days(whose counting) that ESPN has been on 99.3 we have spent probably a month totally on the transmitters full power..it is old and we have spent a ton on trying to fix it...

The new transmitter will give us a CONSISTENT signal and one that is peaked to the transmitters legal power..

We do not have the stereo mode on for a purpose--no music played--don't need it and in mono our engineers have said it does improve our signal a little and every little bit helps

We have discussed moving the ESPN format to the Peach 97.7 and the oldies format to 97.7--but that is not feasible right now.....

We could move the tower location and increase power with the FCC approval and a substantial investment...that too is also being considered for the 99.3 frequency...

We would love to have another 100,000 watt powerhouse like KXKZ but we have some growing to do with the sports format and I 'm not 100% on this but I doubt there is a talk sports 100,000 watt fm in the U.S.....maybe but the format just doesn't justify with numbers RIGHT NOW....naturally things change.

All this movement of frequencies and new equipment etc etc takes bunches of investment as you probably know....so we continue to grow and the answers will become clear -- later..

bottom line the new transmitter WILL give us some more coverage but most of all it will be consistent...

at our good times we can go past Winnfield to the south and to Bossier and 15 to 20 miles east of Monroe...and to Eldorado....but we can't do it day after day right now which in the radio ain't a good thing...the new transmitter will solve that problem (we hope)
    I'm all for a new transmitter, I hope it helps. I live in Mangham, and it's normally hit and miss for me in the morning...what really aggravates me is that I work in West Monroe, and can't pick it up on the radio at my desk...

Hopefully that will change soon.

+ Reply to Thread