+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Chicken Littles - he is something else for you to worry about

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Hey, Chicken Littles - he is something else for you to worry about

http://www.mysanantonio.com/global-i....32030524.html

Morgellons disease. I knew there was something more to worry about. And, in the state right next to ours. We need to call Turkey and tell them if they send us bird flu, we are sending the Morgellons disease.

In the meantime, I need to get back to worrying.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Re: Hey, Chicken Littles - he is something else for you to worry about

Here is sooner and some like him awaiting the government to save them after the bird flu becomes transmissable from human to human. He stands around for help even though he had been properly warned to prepare.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Is that sooner a few people deep with the cap and wife beater T-shirt on?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Here is sooner and some like him awaiting the government to save them after the bird flu becomes transmissable from human to human. He stands around for help even though he had been properly warned to prepare.

I had more sense than to stay in the way of a catagory 4 storm in land below sea level. A category 4 storm, now that is something to be concerned about. I think you are confusing me with your constituents. They worry about crap they shouldn't be worried about, so they don't have time to take care of real problems.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

he?

I'm always worried about that bastage "he".

"he" is one scary mofo.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Funny, I was thinking the same thing!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

That's pretty funny. However, that guy looks like he's missed too many meals to be Sooner.

Imagine that. It looks like bird flu may be dying.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/14/wo...gewanted=print

I'm so mad at myself. I didn't spend enough time worrying about this, and wasted it on enjoying that mild winter we had.

Bird flu dying? I don't think so. You don't want it in this incubator.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060514...i_060514200307

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    I had more sense than to stay in the way of a catagory 4 storm in land below sea level. A category 4 storm, now that is something to be concerned about. I think you are confusing me with your constituents. They worry about crap they shouldn't be worried about, so they don't have time to take care of real problems.

Who are my constituents?

It seems like everyone is making preparations on a government level in the US. Even on a global level they are doing much more than us. So is it all a waste of time and money in your opinion to plan and prepare for something of this magnitude? An event like a Cat 5 hurricane in every city of the US? If I am a chicken little because I don't want my family to be in danger or discomfort in the event of this, then chicken little I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg

Who are my constituents?

It seems like everyone is making preparations on a government level in the US. Even on a global level, they are doing much more than us. So is it all a waste of time and money, in your opinion, to plan and prepare for something of this magnitude? An event like a Cat 5 hurricane in every city of the US? If I am a chicken little because I don't want my family to be in danger or discomfort in the event of this, then chicken little I will be.

Who are my constituents?

It seems like everyone is making preparations on a government level in the US. Even on a global level they are doing much more than us. So is it all a waste of time and money in your opinion to plan and prepare for something of this magnitude? An event like a Cat 5 hurricane in every city of the US? If I am a chicken little because I don't want my family to be in danger or discomfort in the event of this, then chicken little I will be.
    As I have said before, there are people responsible for taking care of this type of thing. That is their job to monitor that type of thing, to take appropriate precautions and to tell us when and if to take precautions, and then what precautions to take. What I'm not going to do is stock the underneath side of my bed with tuna because the chicken littles keep telling me my family is going to die if I don't. I'm not going to worry about it one second.

When the appropriate authorities tell me to take precautions for a hurricane, I will. When the appropriate authorities tell me I need to take precautions for bird flu, I will. That has not happended so far, so I'm not worried. Sorry.

Are you old enough to remember when the chicken littles said we were all going to die from killer bees?

Sooner, the government has already told you several weeks ago to stock tuna, powdered milk underneath your bed. Who else needs to tell you this? God himself?

There was no history of Killer bees to go on and yes, I remember the killer bees. I never worried about it. Still don't. However, there is a very detailed history of what kind of havoic a flu pandemic caused during 1918 (a very rural/ag based self sufficient time).

Sooner, the government has already told you several weeks ago to stock tuna, powdered milk underneath your bed. Who else needs to tell you this? God himself?

There was no history of Killer bees to go on and yes, I remember the killer bees. I never worried about it. Still don't. However, there is a very detailed history of what kind of havoic a flu pandemic caused during 1918 (a very rural/ag based self sufficient time).

The only thing you can possibly be talking about is when Leavitt made a remark in a speech last month about storing tuna. I haven't heard anything that says this was backed up even by his own office. If those responsible were concerned about this, I think we would have heard more.

Also, if I remember the article right, he said in some off hand remarks in a speech to prepare like there was going to be a two week blizzard. Our family is pretty close to that at all times. Also, he said to have six weeks of medicine available. Not too far off there either.

Last edited by Soonerdawg; 05-15-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another one. Run for your lives. :icon_wink

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/16/cam....ap/index.html

+ Reply to Thread