+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature Request

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Feature Request

What would you admins think of adding a page to the forum that explains the basic etiquette of the site?

With recent concerns over private forums and private messages, I think it may be beneficial to have these things stated clearly even though the admins took care of the problems very quickly. Things such as profanity could be addressed as well.

A page could also explain dots so people who don't have the sense to do a search for it can find out about it. Hey! We could also tell them to do a search for something before posting about it!

Anywho. Just a thought. You guys do a great job with this site.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Re: Feature Request

I second this motion....

JFord

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

I third it . . .

my bad about not searching before i asked . . . it was kinda like i typed before i thought haha

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    I second this motion....

JFord
    Bump.

.......Just Kidding JFord. :icon_wink

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Bump.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Wow.. your EASILY amused.

BTW... maybe better and easier on Chris would be to have the Rules that are stated when you register, public; that we can refer to them even after being on the site. Is there a link to the rules and I'm just not seeing them?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Bump.

.......Just Kidding JFord. :icon_wink
    wow...that's funny I don't care who you are that's funny.

JFord

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    wow...that's funny I don't care who you are that's funny.

JFord
    Aight Larry the Cable Guy.

Nah, actually I almost got kicked out of the comp lab when I first read BidDog's BUMP

"T"

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I'll take care of it. Give me a few days.

Chris

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    I'll take care of it. Give me a few days.

Chris
    You rule.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Yeah, I'm all for it.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I've made some progress on this.

I have a DRAFT set of Forum Rules, Forum Etiquette, and a description of the Reputation System up and accessable to all. To get there, go to the link on the bottom of the screen titled Forum Rules. Give it a read and let me know if it addresses everything or if it is clear. I'm open to changing them based upon my fellow administrator's comments and yours as well.

Also, I've activated the FAQs again which explain how to use the board. These are standard ones, so if you have some more which you think should be there, PLEASE, write it up for me!!! Give me the question and answer and I'll add it. It's easy to do, I just need help with the content.

Comments? Questions?

Chris

Perfect. I learned something from reading it and I've been posting here a long time.

Could you post the rankings for # of posts as well. I figured it out by going to the memberlist and sorting by number of posts, but it may be interesting to have it listed there.

Also, you may want to append part of the about bb&b page to the forum rules.

LaTechBBB, L.L.C. and Bulldog Barks & Bytes are not affiliated in any way with Louisiana Tech University, Louisiana Tech Athletics, Louisiana Tech Alumni Association, or the Louisiana Tech University Foundation. It is a privately owned and operated website and forum for the promotion and discussion of Louisiana Tech athletics. The opinions of those who participate in the open forum of Bulldog Barks & Bytes do not represent the views, thoughts, or opinions of LaTechBBB, L.L.C. and should not be viewed as an endorsement by LaTechBBB, L.L.C.

etc, etc...

How's it now?

Just out of curiosity, what was it you didn't know that you learned?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    How's it now?

Just out of curiosity, what was it you didn't know that you learned?

Chris
    The reputation explanation is the biggest thing, but I've never known what "trolling" meant. I knew spamming and flaming (both of which I'm usually guilty of).

+ Reply to Thread