+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech Benches

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Tech Benches

Canton, TX
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Do they set up at "Trade Days"?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I think he has in the past...if I could get aroung the middleman I would but I don't know who to contact....I'm still working on that part though.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

man... only if I had a place to put it....

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

My problem too. One day I'd like to have a couple or three, but right now there's no place to put them or store them.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Guys,

I had one of the original benches. My parents bought it for me as a Xmas present, and it was VERY HEAVY. I had it on my back porch, and after a couple of years it began to crack. As time went on, it began to crack more and more and eventually starting to fragment off.

My Mom tried to contact the store on Line Ave. and the guy himself, but we had no luck in trying to locate him.

Sadly, I had to destroy it and haul off the pieces.

Moral of the story: Be sure to put some type of sealant on it and beware of the quality of this product.

I too was very pleased at first, but through time it really upset me that this thing literally fell to pieces!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore Dawg
    Guys,

I had one of the original benches. My parents bought it for me as a Xmas present, and it was VERY HEAVY. I had it on my back porch, and after a couple of years it began to crack. As time went on, it began to crack more and more and eventually starting to fragment off.

My Mom tried to contact the store on Line Ave. and the guy himself, but we had no luck in trying to locate him.

Sadly, I had to destroy it and haul off the pieces.

Moral of the story: Be sure to put some type of sealant on it and beware of the quality of this product.

I too was very pleased at first, but through time it really upset me that this thing literally fell to pieces!

Are we buying ours from the same guy that you bought yours?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    man... only if I had a place to put it....
    yea i'd put it at my parents place but they have enough clutter as it is

Yes it is the same guy and YES please use a sealant. It will degrade with time but using a good sealant will prevent such matters. Be sure and seal the pedastal bottoms as well. As far as being heavy...it's concrete. With weight and degredation in mind it is a concrete bench and if you have ever seen a concrete bench in the outdoors it usually appears weathered. A sealant will prevent this for a time and reapplication of said sealant will prolong the life of your bench. Be sure to use a level when you place the pedastals under the bench slab and this will prevent cracking of the bench. Honestly the ideal location would be out of the weather (front porch overhang, back deck overhang, inside gourmet meat market,ect.) but I'm very glad this point was brought up. I will add this, my Tech bench has held up much better than the REAAALLLYY EXPENSIVE iron bench that I bought my wife on our fifth anniversary.(I thought a nice fishing boat would look much better but I was outvoted 1 to 1).

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh
    yea i'd put it at my parents place but they have enough clutter as it is
    I learned along time ago, that I'm staying at their house right now rent free. I don't ask things that will inconvinence them any more. Been kicked out once, and moved out twice... it's A LOT cheaper at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg
    I thought a nice fishing boat would look much better but I was outvoted 1 to 1.
    See... popular vote don't mean crap... it's all about that Electoral College voting.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Yes it is the same guy and YES please use a sealant. It will degrade with time but using a good sealant will prevent such matters. Be sure and seal the pedastal bottoms as well. As far as being heavy...it's concrete. With weight and degredation in mind it is a concrete bench and if you have ever seen a concrete bench in the outdoors it usually appears weathered. A sealant will prevent this for a time and reapplication of said sealant will prolong the life of your bench. Be sure to use a level when you place the pedastals under the bench slab and this will prevent cracking of the bench. Honestly the ideal location would be out of the weather (front porch overhang, back deck overhang, inside gourmet meat market,ect.) but I'm very glad this point was brought up. I will add this, my Tech bench has held up much better than the REAAALLLYY EXPENSIVE iron bench that I bought my wife on our fifth anniversary.(I thought a nice fishing boat would look much better but I was outvoted 1 to 1).
    I want 2 of them, how do I go about purchasing them?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

(I thought a nice fishing boat would look much better but I was outvoted 1 to 1).
    And I thought I was the only one that got outvoted that way! :icon_wink

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I want 2 of them, how do I go about purchasing them?
    I think I'm going to be buying one as well. How do we move forward with this?

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog
    And I thought I was the only one that got outvoted that way! :icon_wink

She must have a higher rpi

I've got my second party trying to contact the bench guy now. As soon as I hear back from him I'll let you guys know. I will get us a discount for sure and maybe even more of a discount if I offer cash (run the checks/cc# through my store and pay him myself.)

+ Reply to Thread