+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum Rules are Posted

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Forum Rules are Posted

As requested from some of our members, we now have a dedicated page with many of our forum rules posted. In addition to the rules, some general rules of message board etiquette are included as well as an explanation of the Reputation System and User Ranks.

It is the responsibility of all of our members to abide by the rules set forth for this forum. These rules are subject to change at times so please try to stay current on them.

To view the rules, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Forum Rules.

Chris

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: Forum Rules are Posted

As a side note, be aware that administrators can and do view ALL user reputation comments. We know who is leaving them and what is said. I'm willing to cut a little slack here, but note rule 1.8 which states:

1.8 No vindictive "Red Dotting": The reputation system is provided to give members an opportunity to gauge other member's opinions of a poster. Provide members approval points for posts you agree with and disapproval points for posts you do not agree with. Please do not manipulate the reputation system by "red dotting" people you don't like or because you have your own personal war going on. Personal attacks via the reputation system are not allowed.
    This is an area which we are currently having some problems in. Please regulate yourself so that we don't have to! Consider this a blanket warning. If you are guilty of it, then change. If not, then disregard.

TDF

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    As a side note, be aware that administrators can and do view ALL user reputation comments. We know who is leaving them and what is said. I'm willing to cut a little slack here, but note rule 1.8 which states:

This is an area which we are currently having some problems in. Please regulate yourself so that we don't have to! Consider this a blanket warning. If you are guilty of it, then change. If not, then disregard.

TDF
    Can it be made that when you give reputation it automatically leaves your username? That would get rid of a lot of the complaints.

Yes, it can. But that doesn't solve the problem, just forces accountability. The real solution is for people to show respect to others, even when they disagree and to conduct themselves as adults. If they do that, then it doesn't matter if we let people see names or not.

Chris

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Yes, it can. But that doesn't solve the problem, just forces accountability. The real solution is for people to show respect to others, even when they disagree and to conduct themselves as adults. If they do that, then it doesn't matter if we let people see names or not.

Chris
    True. Thanks Chris.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Chris
    But accountabilty is better than nothing. IMO accountabilty should snowball in to respect.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I hold the same view as Juice, but then again, I sign all my dots..

"T"

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    I hold the same view as Juice, but then again, I sign all my dots..

"T"
    Ironically enough the only dots I don't sign are green ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    But accountabilty is better than nothing. IMO accountabilty should snowball in to respect.
    I agree. Someone red-dotted me today, gave no reason or name. Loser!

+ Reply to Thread