+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vols make Pat the newest Millionaire Coach

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Vols make Pat the newest Millionaire Coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2454106

Not a fan of the Vols, but Summitt deserves what she's getting. When is our deal like this for Chris Long going to come arround? :icon_wink

"T"

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: Vols make Pat the newest Millionaire Coach

Just curious how did/does this stack up against our coaches? What did L.B. make his final years coaching? I was thinking compared to the $325K number because radio, TV, endorsements, and PR wouldn't be fair to look at those.

Summitt's base salary will increase from $300,000 to $325,000. She will get $350,000 for radio and television commitments, $300,000 for endorsements and $150,000 as a public relations fee.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Interesting.........

Summitt is the second-highest paid coach at Tennessee behind football coach Phillip Fulmer, who makes $2.05 million annually. Men's basketball coach Bruce Pearl got a raise earlier this year to $1.1 million from $800,000.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

She deserves it. Congratulations to Pat!

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Leon would have made it off Robinette Dr. much sooner with that deal.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

I bet Leon's total package came around what Pat's base salary is. Congrats to Summitt, though. I just changed jobs where I work for a better company doing something I enjoy more, but the pay was a little less. With all of the budget juggling my wife and I have done in the last couple of weeks, it hit home right away what getting $20,000 a week would feel like!

With one paycheck I could write off my remaining student loans, with the next I could write off our car loan, and the third would take care of all credit cards!

Wouldn't that be nice . . . .

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Yea, My plant is going to close aug 1. I could use a few weeks of 20g's my-self.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2454106

Not a fan of the Vols, but Summitt deserves what she's getting. When is our deal like this for Chris Long going to come arround? :icon_wink

"T"
    Get real T. Not when you have assistant coaches on campus that would qualify for food stamps.

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Get real T. Not when you have assistant coaches on campus that would qualify for food stamps.
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Puppy pittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around here pittbull's Avatar

who cares.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by pittbull
    who cares.
    Apparenetly you do, since you read the title on the thread, cared enough to read the contents, and THEN cared enough to actually POST on it.

Puppy pittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around here pittbull's Avatar

Good point

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    If this is the case for the Lady Techsters basketball coaches, then it is a truly a sad situation. If the administration truly wants to be a national powerhouse, they sure aren't showing it!

As for the coaches in this situation, I personally know what it feels like to work for peanuts - especially in a job you love. When I was in Virginia, the liberal arts college I worked knew they were paying way below what was acceptable for the position. When I showed up, Human Resources handed me all of their paperwork and then handed over a stack of papers for all of the welfare programs I was eligible for!

It's a horrible way to live! Even when I got my paycheck I knew it wasn't enough to pay for clothes and groceries. It just eats at you because you put your heart and soul into the job but the university isn't doing the same for you!

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog
    If this is the case for the Lady Techsters basketball coaches, then it is a truly a sad situation. If the administration truly wants to be a national powerhouse, they sure aren't showing it!

As for the coaches in this situation, I personally know what it feels like to work for peanuts - especially in a job you love. When I was in Virginia, the liberal arts college I worked knew they were paying way below what was acceptable for the position. When I showed up, Human Resources handed me all of their paperwork and then handed over a stack of papers for all of the welfare programs I was eligible for!

It's a horrible way to live! Even when I got my paycheck I knew it wasn't enough to pay for clothes and groceries. It just eats at you because you put your heart and soul into the job but the university isn't doing the same for you!
    I work as an adjunct professor here. There is NO WAY I could do that if I hadn't already retired and still work as a consultant. My consultant money is more than enough to support me, but I just like teaching. Some people would be AMAZED at how little an adjunct makes. It would shock you.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I work as an adjunct professor here. There is NO WAY I could do that if I hadn't already retired and still work as a consultant. My consultant money is more than enough to support me, but I just like teaching. Some people would be AMAZED at how little an adjunct makes. It would shock you.
    Wouldn't shock me. Been there, done that.

I still get calls from NSU wanting me to teach 1 or 2 sections of this or that as an adjunct. No way! Happy to say my other avenues of income are more than enough, and my time is worth more than what NSU is willing to pay.

I do my "work for too little pay" in coaching. At least I can enjoy that!

+ Reply to Thread