+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cross goes down --

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: cross goes down --

Quote Originally Posted by pittbull
    You're missing my point. I guess it's just that time of year that nobody has anything better to talk about
    We are talking about PLENTY over in the BASEBALL thread as they just won the 33rd ballgame of the season. MOST baseball wins since 1989. Come join us.

Martie

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

damn cartex - you know it all.........how could anyone forget that

I've seen where federal sentences of 20 years actually becomes about 7.5 years - and he will be housed at a facility like Seagoville which is a college campus by most standards and he'll be out in 3 and as long as you are not his attorney he'll get alot of his sentence as time served.

Puppy pittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around here pittbull's Avatar

The way I read it, 20 years is the maximum sentence for wire fraud. It said in the article that nobody in the case has received anything but probation. Anyway, lets not all act like experts on the federal legal system. By the way, I'm happy for the baseball team, what did they finish 5th in the WAC. If that was football or basketball some on this board would be calling for the coaches head. However, great season for the Diamond Dawgs. In my opinion it has been a great year all around for Tech Athletics. Football had a good season (should have been in a bowl game), Women's Basketball (WAC Champs), Men's Basketball (20 wins, NIT) and now Baseball. I know some would disagree, but it could be much worse. We could be fans of that university 30 miles to the east.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pittbull
    The way I read it, 20 years is the maximum sentence for wire fraud. It said in the article that nobody in the case has received anything but probation. Anyway, lets not all act like experts on the federal legal system. By the way, I'm happy for the baseball team, what did they finish 5th in the WAC. If that was football or basketball some on this board would be calling for the coaches head. However, great season for the Diamond Dawgs. In my opinion it has been a great year all around for Tech Athletics. Football had a good season (should have been in a bowl game), Women's Basketball (WAC Champs), Men's Basketball (20 wins, NIT) and now Baseball. I know some would disagree, but it could be much worse. We could be fans of that university 30 miles to the east.
    Pitt,

Do you have a clue? Do you know where this program has come from? Do you know what they accomplish facility wise on their own (and with this board)? They have had the MOST WINS SINCE 1989 and still have a chance for more.

Don't compare the other programs this year with baseball, because if you do then football and basketball both had non-succusseful seasons if we are comparing apples to apples.

I will say that if we finish 5th next year in Baseball then that will be a disappointing season. But this year, PLUS and win in the WAC tourney, no way.

Puppy pittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around here pittbull's Avatar

Michigan:

You are right, baseball has had a great turnaround. On the other hand, I think the other sports at Tech are doing well also. The WAC is one of the top ten conferences in the country and when you consider our budget shortcomings we aren't doing too bad. Like I said, it could be worse.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    That's a little hypersensitive. Would "Cross charged" make you feel better? It's the same thing. A bad thing happened and now we'll see what the consequenses are. He broke the rules, he'll have to deal with that. I hope all goes well for him. I assure you that no Tech fans are happy this happened. That's illogical.
    but cross wasn't charged. he pled. he's guilty. i don't care if he pled to get out of bigger charges. he admitted guilt. he's looking at prison time. he's going down. and he's testifying against others. taking others with him.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Puppy opossum has turned a few heads around hereopossum has turned a few heads around here opossum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    but cross wasn't charged. he pled. he's guilty. i don't care if he pled to get out of bigger charges. he admitted guilt. he's looking at prison time. he's going down. and he's testifying against others. taking others with him.
    Your wrong. He is not facing jail time. As usual, the media reported what "could" happen, not what "is" happening. What that report says is that he could face 20 years. That is the maximum sentence that is handed down in wire fraud cases. Cross is not going to spend one minute in a jail cell. This is an example of one of the many reasons I am skeptical when reading newspapers. It was much more sexy to say that he could face 20 years, instead of saying the truth which is that he would not spend one night in jail.

Also, where did you get that he is testifying against others. I missed that article.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    Sorry I helped fuel this fire in the wrong way. I was simply trying to show how our program is being run. I just want to hire regional people who WANT to be at LaTech to STAY and make it successful. There are and have been MANY coaches who wish to do that and could do it, but we continue to hire people from far away OR that have no desire to stay long-term.
    Martie, I didn't mean to put a guilt trip on you. I do think there's some validity to your take on our mbb program. But, I cringe when I see insensitivity to another's downfall. He's getting his due, and his family is hurting.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Distorting the relative ability of people provided scholarship money to attend an institution of higher learning is a major violation of the integrity of the whole process.

professor:

you make it sound like you have something against this man, when you make your statements. Have you ever even met him?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by opossum
    Also, where did you get that he is testifying against others. I missed that article.
    you missed the original article i posted then. it read, in part:

"U.S. District Judge Monti Belot noted during Tuesday's hearing that Cross has agreed to assist prosecutors in related cases. But Belot said it was up to prosecutors to determine whether that help was "substantial" enough to recommend a lesser sentence."

maybe he won't actually step onto the witness stand, but he is helping prosecutors take down other people.

pittbull: it's funny that someone with 13 posts would ask me who i know. yes, i've met the man. know all about him. i feel sorry for his family -- his wife and daughters. i don't feel sorry for ryan cross.

the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Enough about Cross. He is no longer associated with Tech. Hopefully it all works out for him and his family.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Pulling up an old thread.

Former Tech assistant Ryan Cross (ULM) took a job at UAB under Andy Kennedy.

Former Caldwell basketball head coach, ULM assistant Ryan Cross departs for UAB | www.myarklamiss.com

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Pulling up an old thread.

Former Tech assistant Ryan Cross (ULM) took a job at UAB under Andy Kennedy.

Former Caldwell basketball head coach, ULM assistant Ryan Cross departs for UAB | www.myarklamiss.com
    Nice. You went back around 14 years for this one.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Yup!

I remember that he worked here under Keith Richard at Tech. We get to reunite with him next season.

+ Reply to Thread