+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe GORE deserves his own thread

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Big Grin Maybe GORE deserves his own thread

Other articles below. Is he really being taken seriously by the Left/Dems?

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

GROUP: New Video Exposes Behind-the-Scenes Story of Gore’s Own Energy Use
    Wed May 24 2006 17:59:00 ET

As former Vice President Al Gore’s documentary on global warming fears debuts today, a new video from the Competitive Enterprise Institute tracks Gore’s own “carbon footprint.” CEI’s 70-second video points out that Gore himself is a big user of the hydrocarbon fuels that produce carbon dioxide when combusted.

Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth” asks, "Are you willing to change the way you live?" The Gore documentary and new book of the same name go on to suggest ways that people can reduce their carbon footprint, yet Mr. Gore has clearly not taken his own message to heart. He even says in the documentary that he has given his global warming Power Point slide show more than 1,000 times all around the world.

The CEI video, which may be viewed at: http://streams.cei.org/, includes footage of Gore and his constant air travel with two CO2 meters running at the bottom of the page that compare Gore’s carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions with those of an average person.

"All the evidence suggests that Mr. Gore is an elitist who passionately believes that the people of the world must drastically reduce their energy use but that it doesn't apply to him,” said Myron Ebell, CEI's director of energy and global warming policy and the creator of the video.

Developing...

And then there is this story on MSNBC

Gore the Selfless Oracle?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12953239...week/from/RSS/

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Maybe GORE deserves his own thread

What's your motivation for posting that neo-con wing-nut article? I going to get Sooner Dawg on your sorry ass if you don't quit that cut-and-paste Democrat bashing right now!!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Al Gore's "environmental book" is the best work of fiction I've ever read. Rivals anything Dr. Seuss ever published.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should talk about the back tracking Bush has done since being elected President on the subject of oil, since we are discussing the above.

Al Gore made numerous comments about how Americans were going to need to explore other fuel options. During the campaign Bush actually laughed at him making statements about how we should defend the American way of life. Seems Bush has totally changed his tune now. His statements actually contradict what he stated during the campaign.

Just like Rumsfield and Cheyney, though, Bush believes that he can just deny that he ever said the opposite.

What you call the "liberal" media glosses over this just like they do most of the inconsistencies that abound by our leaders these days (both parties).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Why would Gore want to "explore other fuel options" when he's the one that invented oil? Back to the question, "Is he really being taken seriously by the Left/Dems?" I personally think the poor guy seems a tad mental these days. I would much rather see this guy head off into the sunset along with Carter and Clinton. Why do these guys always need the attention much like a bunch of spoiled little kids? Just go away and retire quietly like Ford, Reagan, G.H. Bush (although not enough I guess), Nixon, and Quale (?:icon_wink ) did.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Why would Gore want to "explore other fuel options" when he's the one that invented oil? Back to the question, "Is he really being taken seriously by the Left/Dems?" I personally think the poor guy seems a tad mental these days. I would much rather see this guy head off into the sunset along with Carter and Clinton. Why do these guys always need the attention much like a bunch of spoiled little kids? Just go away and retire quietly like Ford, Reagan, G.H. Bush (although not enough I guess), Nixon, and Quale (?:icon_wink ) did.
    I don't think Gore has a chance for the nomination. He has loosened up and would have done better, if he had acted more this way during the campaign, but his days are over.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I don't think Gore has a chance for the nomination. He has loosened up and would have done better, if he had acted more this way during the campaign, but his days are over.
    My thoughts as well.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i don't know. i have read that a good many democrats are hoping he will run because they don't think hillary can win, and they don't see any legit competition for her right now. personally, since i can't think of any potential democratic candidate that i would want to be president, i hope that either one of those two clowns get the nomination. people will vote against them just like they did kerry.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

oh, there's always a chance when your chairman is howard dean.

Gore's latest tirade. "But Mr Gore, fresh from an appearance at the Cannes film festival, delivered a starker message that the world was now facing a "danger which could bring the end of civilisation".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/5028470.stm

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

L-O-S-E-R!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Al Gore's "environmental book" is the best work of fiction I've ever read. Rivals anything Dr. Seuss ever published.
    Thank goodness he invented this here intarweb. Otherwise we wouldn't have this here BB&B to keep us entertained.

[insert toothless smiley here]

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh, I dont think Gore could take the heat that a president has to take. He was very volatile after the 2000 election, something you just cannot be when you are president. I think he has done a lot to soften his image, but I think he would still wear his heart on his sleeve. Not a bad thing in real life, but a terrible thing in political life. Gore wouldnt do well under criticism, IMO, and that is why I dont think he would get elected. He is simply too emotional.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Gore's latest tirade. "But Mr Gore, fresh from an appearance at the Cannes film festival, delivered a starker message that the world was now facing a "danger which could bring the end of civilisation".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/5028470.stm
    TT, in all fairness to Big Al, his carbon use is zero:"He said he was "carbon neutral" himself and he tried to offset any plane flight or car journey by "purchasing verifiable reductions in CO2 elsewhere".

But the bigger question has to do with global warming itself and not Big Al. Certainly, our civilization is not in danger anytime soon but a hundred years from now it is possible that climate change could be so sudden and severe that our civilizatin would be in trouble, especially when you consider the major population centers are along the coasts..

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Has anyone seen his movie?

+ Reply to Thread